Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Mama

Buffie Mills

I was with my mama when they took her off life support we where very close my husband videoed the last moments of my mothers life as I watched the video  about 3 mins into the video I noticed a strange white light above me it had a form and looked like it was moving and touching me and rays of light was beaming on my clothes and the light would block out people that walked past it and blocked out the wall behind me it was 5pm in thr evening and the blinds where shut it was pouring down rain outside the lights where off except the one deam on by the door way and there where no mirrors around my husband wasnt using lights on my phone i can't ecplain what im seeing I don't want to think im imagining what Im seeingI wish someone could ecplain it to me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buffie Mills said:

I was with my mama when they took her off life support we where very close my husband videoed the last moments of my mothers life as I watched the video  about 3 mins into the video I noticed a strange white light above me it had a form and looked like it was moving and touching me and rays of light was beaming on my clothes and the light would block out people that walked past it and blocked out the wall behind me it was 5pm in thr evening and the blinds where shut it was pouring down rain outside the lights where off except the one deam on by the door way and there where no mirrors around my husband wasnt using lights on my phone i can't ecplain what im seeing I don't want to think im imagining what Im seeingI wish someone could ecplain it to me

Did seeing any of this help you move forward in the grieving process?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Post the video so we can look at it.

No, sorry. Not if the video contains footage of the OP's mother's last moments.

24 minutes ago, Buffie Mills said:

I was with my mama when they took her off life support we where very close my husband videoed the last moments of my mothers life. 

Hello Buffie Mills, welcome to UM.

I'm sorry for your loss.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Buffie Mills said:

as I watched the video  about 3 mins into the video I noticed a strange white light above me

12 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

No, sorry. Not if the video contains footage of the OP's mother's last moments.

Maybe some censored screen dumps? If you have the video on your computer, you can play it with VLC and press Shift/S to take shots. You can then censor (remove personal details from) the images in Paint.

Edited by sci-nerd

43 minutes ago, Buffie Mills said:

5pm in thr evening and the blinds where shut it was pouring down rain outside the lights where off except the one deam on by the door way and there where no mirrors around my husband wasnt using lights on my phone

First, sorry about your loss.

Second, the light above you sounds very much like the way the video was captured and the conditions it was captured in. Lens flare very likely.

Would rather not watch the video and would be best you not post it if it has your mother in it, that is a very personal thing you should not share on a forum.

You may be able to see people and their faces when they're backlit, but your smartphone camera usually can't and will output footage with a bright light haloing a dark figure. That figure will also have no visible features, meaning you just missed whatever it was you were trying to capture.

+

Conversely, you also must be careful not to point the camera directly at bright light sources, which will cause unusable overexposed footage and lens flaring.

https://vtrep.com/7-ways-get-professional-quality-video-smartphone/

I am taking this was in a hospital? If so, there would be other lights which could affect the lighting in the video.

Condolences on your loss.

I wouldn’t know what’s on the video, not anything I want to view. Too private and personal.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Please don't post commercial links @papageorge1

What is a commercial link?

@Buffie Mills welcome to the forum.  I'm sorry for your loss. 

21 hours ago, Buffie Mills said:

I think these mysterious lights at or near the time of passing are one fairly common experience of a phenomena that has been call Shared Death Experiences. 

The following elements may characterize Shared Death Experiences:

• Mist at death
  • Hearing beautiful music
  • Change in the geometry of the room
  • Strong Upward Pull on the Body
  • Shared Out-of-Body Experience
  • Seeing a Mystical Light
  • Empathically Co-living the Life Review of the Dying Person
  • Greeted by Beings of Light
  • Encountering Heavenly Realms
  • Boundary in the Heavenly Realm

My co-worker in amazement showed me a photograph they took of a mysterious light formation over her step-dad's deathbed with some geometric patterns in it that had no ready physical explanation anyone could discern.