Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump wants to bomb hurricanes

Unusual Tournament

Maybe he'll change his mind when someone tells him the cost of a single nuke. The US Govt made an analysis on North Korean nukes, each warhead costs between $18 million and $53 million. link

I'm sure US nukes are more sophisticated and would cost more and between the two I'm sure he would choose not to dilapidate money over some casualties due to natural causes.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Maybe he'll change his mind when someone tells him the cost of a single nuke. The US Govt made an analysis on North Korean nukes, each warhead costs between $18 million and $53 million. link

I'm sure US nukes are more sophisticated and would cost more.

It's not his money so he seriously doesn't care and he's always popping off like that off the top of his head with rhetorical nonsense. I think he gets his kicks, freaking people out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

It's not his money so he seriously doesn't care and he's always popping off like that off the top of his head with rhetorical nonsense. I think he gets his kicks, freaking people out.

Imagine if we lived in a world where all of our world leaders trolled for a bit of a laugh...…. Sad!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Imagine if we lived in a world where all of our world leaders trolled for a bit of a laugh...…. Sad!

Oh, we think Trump is icky, too. Unfortunately, he's the only one the Right has to vote for against the Left right now. There's a real dearth of true Statesmen and a surfeit of mediocre career politicians on both sides of the aisle. There's a shocking lack of inspiration or great oratory and nationwide appeal. Trump is a novelty, a Ross Perot on steroids. That and the Democrats running the only candidate that could possibly lose to him the first time is why he is President. Unfortunately, they're doubling up on all the mistakes they made that first time and hell bent on doing it, again. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

One thing he does take for gospel is having a surplus budget, so I agree, it is rhetorical nonsense.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Oh, we think Trump is icky, too. Unfortunately, he's the only one the Right has to vote for against the Left right now. There's a real dearth of true Statesmen and a surfeit of mediocre career politicians on both sides of the aisle. There's a shocking lack of inspiration or great oratory and nationwide appeal. Trump is a novelty, a Ross Perot on steroids. That and the Democrats running the only candidate that could possibly lose to him the first time is why he is President. Unfortunately, they're doubling up on all the mistakes they made that first time and hell bent on doing it, again. 

At 6 ft 1 in (1.85cm) Kelsey Grammer is certainly tall enough.  Perhaps in 2024.

• Like 2

Just now, Golden Duck said:

At 6 ft 1 in (1.85cm) Kelsey Grammer is certainly tall enough.  Perhaps in 2024.

As far as actors go, I'd vote for Bruce Boxleitner in a cold minute, R or D.  

49 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Trump reportedly suggested using nuclear bombs to stop hurricanes from striking the US

This is certainly a completely foolish idea. The threat of causing airborne contamination that would travel with the trade winds is simply to great a danger. The environmental damage caused by the radioactive contamination, could be very very devastating to populated areas. Even with that said there is no guarantee that it would even work, in fact it most likely wouldn't. Someone needs to educate our President on this issue.

https://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5c.html

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

David Hyde Pearce as VP.

• Haha 2

What America needs is a President that makes being an American feel Great, Again, a Great Uniter,  of all of us, not another Great Divider. Unfortunately, that's all either side has to offer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Im sure his advisers have a wonderful sense of humour. Unfortunately Trump must think he invented the wheel with this nuclear nonsense. he’s certainly freaking out a lot of people with his gullible nature.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

What America needs is a President that makes being an American feel Great, Again, a Great Uniter,  of all of us, not another Great Divider. Unfortunately, that's all either side has to offer.

I think at this late stage all America needs is someone who thinks before opening their mouth.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

I'm sure US nukes are more sophisticated and would cost more and between the two I'm sure he would choose not to dilapidate money over some casualties due to natural causes.

I have no doubt that your reasoning is exactly why he made the suggestion. Gotta keep those military industrial stocks rising!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I think at this late stage all America needs is someone who thinks before opening their mouth.

No, much of what he says is true, just very disconcertingly honest for people weaned on diplomatic niceties. He's an Antebellum President on a twenty-first century stage.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Im sure his advisers have a wonderful sense of humour. Unfortunately Trump must think he invented the wheel with this nuclear nonsense. he’s certainly freaking out a lot of people with his gullible nature.

Only a lot of gullible people. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Only a lot of gullible people. 

Or folks who care to actually pay attention. But of course he says "true" things about the right people so you dont care to actually pay attention.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

President Donald Trump has reportedly suggested dropping nuclear bombs into hurricanes to stop them from causing damage to the US

I’m surprisingly okay with this, tbh.

Well. Not the nuclear thing, because fallout — but the whole “Trump making an off-the-wall” suggestion thing.

IMO, there’s no such thing as a stupid idea, when you’re brainstorming solutions. It’s not like anyone else has solved it, yet.

I think his intentions were good — and honestly — nice to see he cares enough about the damage hurricanes cause to try and pitch a solution.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

That's funny.  In fact, that's hilarious that people would even think for a millisecond Trump was for-real.  Surely you guys don't actually believe that do you?  I thought you guys would be used to his way of speaking by now. :rolleyes:

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

This is certainly a completely foolish idea. The threat of causing airborne contamination that would travel with the trade winds is simply to great a danger. The environmental damage caused by the radioactive contamination, could be very very devastating to populated areas. Even with that said there is no guarantee that it would even work, in fact it most likely wouldn't. Someone needs to educate our President on this issue.

https://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5c.html

Incorrect.

Air burst weapons do not cause nuclear fallout.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Well. Not the nuclear thing, because fallout — but the whole “Trump making an off-the-wall” suggestion thing.

IMO, there’s no such thing as a stupid idea, when you’re brainstorming solutions. It’s not like anyone else has solved it, yet.

I think his intentions were good — and honestly — nice to see he cares enough about the damage hurricanes cause to try and pitch a solution.

Overall I would love to agree with your optimism here but a grown man pitched dropping nuclear bombs into hurricanes that are heading for US territory.

Your post makes perfect sense in a middle school brainstorming session but as a functioning adult (not to mention POTUS):

18 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

because fallout

Should have stopped those words from escaping his mouth :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Incorrect.

Air burst weapons do not cause nuclear fallout.

Yes your correct if it is a clear day. However, the water in a hurricane would become contaminated. I never mentioned fallout, I said it would cause airborne contamination there is a big difference between the two. Plus since it has never been done there is no designated height to detonate the devise. You see a detonation doesn't have to explode on the ground to be called a ground burst detonation. The devise can detonate in the air and still be a ground burst detonation, if the fireball from the blast touches the ground or in this case the ocean it becomes a ground burst detonation. 

What do you think happens to water exposed to that much heat, well it will vaporize into its basic components Hydrogen and Oxygen. In the case of sea water you have to consider all the other thing, like salt and other materials contained within. Those components would thus become radioactive, it is called enhanced radiation and they would travel due to the trade wides. That's what I meant about environmental contamination, I hope this helps you understand my comments I should have been more clear, however, most people I discuss this with already understand the basics.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Who are you and what have you done with Tiggs? :lol:

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Who are you and what have you done with Tiggs? :lol:

@susieice and I have been brainwashing him in the Epstein thread :P 

• Haha 3

• The title was changed to Trump wants to bomb hurricanes