Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump wants to bomb hurricanes

Unusual Tournament

1 hour ago, Essan said:

Actually, the idea isn't new at all.   So much so that Chris Landsea has even written an article explaining why it wouldn't work

https://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5c.html

There was that idea in 1950's too. It's kinda surreal to hear it now.

I was sure that Trump did not propose it like this but since he proposed to nuke hurricane while it is near coast of Africa :D

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, pixiii said:

1165918301932916736Btw, straight from the horses mouth exactly 7 mins ago ;)

trump.PNG

LOL of course because the response has been negative!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Overall I would love to agree with your optimism here but a grown man pitched dropping nuclear bombs into hurricanes that are heading for US territory.

Your post makes perfect sense in a middle school brainstorming session but as a functioning adult (not to mention POTUS):

Admittedly, in the field I'm in -- software development -- pitching terrible ideas on a whiteboard is pretty much a daily thing, so that probably colors my viewpoint.

That said -- IMO, it's fairly typical for anyone in a leadership position to pitch some bad ideas, once in a while.

Honestly -- what worries me more, is that no-one in the room wanted to tell him that it was a bad idea.

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Should have stopped those words from escaping his mouth :lol:

I find it difficult to believe that he'd have suggested it, if he thought it would irradiate the East coast.

I suspect it's not uncommon for people to believe that there's no fallout if the explosion happens in the atmosphere.

I believe both Hiroshima and Nagasaki were atmospheric explosions, for example -- and they both have normal background radiation levels, these days. 

37 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Who are you and what have you done with Tiggs? :lol:

I hear you. Just calling 'em as I see 'em.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

I’m surprisingly okay with this, tbh.

Well. Not the nuclear thing, because fallout — but the whole “Trump making an off-the-wall” suggestion thing.

IMO, there’s no such thing as a stupid idea, when you’re brainstorming solutions. It’s not like anyone else has solved it, yet.

I think his intentions were good — and honestly — nice to see he cares enough about the damage hurricanes cause to try and pitch a solution.

I think I’d be more comfortable with Trump listening to experts rather than making it up as he goes along. Sorry mate but you’re wrong. Trump is a tool!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

I think I’d be more comfortable with Trump listening to experts rather than making it up as he goes along. Sorry mate but you’re wrong. Trump is a tool!!!

Don’t be rude.

Tools are useful.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Idiocracy, is becoming disturbingly accurate..

Brawndo_by_toastalchemist.jpg&f=1

´Cuz its what plants crave.. its got electrolytes.´

• Like 4

How does "dropping a nuclear weapon in to the eye of a hurricane off Africa" equate to "Trump wants to bomb America"??????

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

How does "dropping a nuclear weapon in to the eye of a hurricane off Africa" equate to "Trump wants to bomb America"??????

Because if the hurricane wasnt disrupted by the bomb the winds and water would carry the nuclear fallout directly to our shores.

• Like 2

Nobody heard of cloud seeding and the use of silver iodide?  China and Russia routinely fire rockets into the sky to disperse bad weather.  The practice dates back to the 1940's.  The service is commercially available at a cost of £100,000.  Preventing a hurricane should be the next step in mankind's ability to tame the weather.

https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2015/mar/11/rain-free-weddings-company

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Because if the hurricane wasnt disrupted by the bomb the winds and water would carry the nuclear fallout directly to our shores.

So, Russia "bombed" Europe from the Chernobyl accident?

• Confused 2

Just now, pallidin said:

So, Russia "bombed" Europe from the Chernobyl accident?

If  Chernobyl had been a bomb and Russia intentionally  made it explode then yes thats how it would have been characterized.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow, the biggest joke which I have heard recently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

If  Chernobyl had been a bomb and Russia intentionally  made it explode then yes thats how it would have been characterized.

Not at all... you are WAY over-generalizing.

@pallidin just to clarify. The hurricanes develop off the African coast but they don’t take shape and fury until they are nearly off the coast of America. Nuking benign weather patterns makes no sense, especially off Africa. Kinda sensitive if you know what I mean. To have any chance of being effective Trump would have to nuke them at the most powerful. Meaning on or within sight of America. 

Hope that clears it up?

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 2

Now if the President had wanted to station warheads in the White House...  Oh wait... 

~

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I think I’d be more comfortable with Trump listening to experts rather than making it up as he goes along.

Reportedly they were giving him a hurricane briefing, when he came up with the idea.

39 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Sorry mate but you’re wrong. Trump is a tool!!!

Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. Wouldn't be the last time, either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Reportedly they were giving him a hurricane briefing, when he came up with the idea.

You mean he had a Eureka moment?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Black Red Devil said:

You mean he had a Eureka moment?

Sounds that way to me. From the link in the OP (Business Insider):

One source present at a hurricane briefing at the White House at an unspecified date told Axios that Trump suggested something along the lines of: "I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them? They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?"

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Sounds that way to me. From the link in the OP (Business Insider):

One source present at a hurricane briefing at the White House at an unspecified date told Axios that Trump suggested something along the lines of: "I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them? They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?"

:P The more I read these quotes the funnier they get.  I thought he topped it with Greenland but sounds like he's got more in his repertoire.

• Haha 1

Trump wants to bomb America

good.... haha just joking hahaha

This might actually work ? 

Drop a nuclear bomb as the storm leaves the coast of Africa. 

Actually.. thinking about it.. drop the nuclear bombs ON Africa. It might solve all SORTS of problems ! :P 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 2

• The title was changed to Trump wants to bomb hurricanes