Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

greek fire

silence!

2 hours ago, Awlsew said:

You can find naturally occuring gasoline where there are crude oil/natural gas wells. They exist together in many locations. Common knowledge in the industry.

Do. You. Have. A. Reference. Link.  Please.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

It was a secret, the source of Greek Fire. No one today knows exactly what it was. I'm just posting a theory.

A idea.

A theory needs some backup. :tu:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Awlsew said:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/drip_gas

1. A naturally occurring form of gasoline found near many oil and natural gas wells. It can be used in vehicles, but doing so is illegal and has been reported to cause damage to engines.

Oil and gas wells are structures made by humans.

Once again, I am asking for a link that confirms what you said, that "drip gas" occurs naturally in a region accessible by the ancient Greeks.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Sand? I dealt with a lot of sand. So much we began to say to the Arabs: 'we dont want your oil, we want your sand'.

Dune replenishment? Or are you in the concrete business? 

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

A idea.

A theory needs some backup. :tu:

And some confirmation that the basic units exist and were used and known in the time frame under discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Do. You. Have. A. Reference. Link.  Please.

Ask Slumber J

https://www.glossary.oilfield.slb.com/en/Terms/c/condensate.aspx

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/drip_gas

1. A naturally occurring form of gasoline found near many oil and natural gas wells. It can be used in vehicles, but doing so is illegal and has been reported to cause damage to engines.

26 minutes ago, Piney said:

Fracing.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Ohio? I missed that reference. I was refering to the region known as Appalachia, not the Appalachia Mountians. I believe Ohio is a part of that though.

https://www.arc.gov/appalachian_region/TheAppalachianRegion.asp

Ohio.

As in the name of the place you explicitly cited above as well as being the text of the link you provided. Do you even bother to look at these things, or are just just like Mario Dantas? >:/

But do please tell me more about my home region. Apparently twenty-one years of me living there and three hundred years of my family living there before that means I’m not familiar with its boundaries, I guess. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

And some confirmation that the basic units exist and were used and known in the time frame under discussion.

The Byzantines kept their source of Greek Fire a secret. It wasn't common knowledge then or now.

3 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Ohio.

As in the name of the place you explicitly cited above as well as being the text of the link you provided.

—Jaylemurph 

In this thread, where exacty did I mention Ohio prior to your reference of Ohio in this thread?

Edited by Awlsew

3 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

In this thread, where exacty did I mention Ohio prior to your reference of Ohio in this thread?

He was talking about the Ohio Valley, part of it is in W.V.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Piney said:

All about the throat, in fracing.

• Like 1

Just now, Piney said:

He was talking about the Ohio Valley, part of it is in W.V.

I mentioned Ohio in another thread. I didn't realize I mentioned Ohio in this thread prior to his reference of Ohio in this thread.

1 hour ago, Awlsew said:

Info about drip gas can be found inside this museum, but not on their web site:

http://wvmuseums.org/places/united-states/west-virginia/parkersburg/mid-ohio-valley/oil-and-gas-museum/

And at Burning Springs, WV

Drip gas is illegal to use directly. Not much on the web about it.

1 hour ago, Awlsew said:

Incidentally, they are producing very large amounts of liquid natural gas in Ohio/West Virginia/Pennsylvania currently. I believe the same is occuring today in the Crimea as well.

http://www.markwest.com/

That’s twice. 

Piney seems to located the issue. And it’s a fair issue, although it’s pretty typical to have outsiders explain to me what Appalachia is and how to “correctly” pronounce it. 

Not as bad as people telling me I’m part alien or that my ancestors couldn’t pile rocks on top of each other.

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

That’s twice. 

...do you have significant memory issues, do you think everyone else here is a moron, or what? There’s no need to lie. 

—Jaylemurph 

Must be the scopilia. The first post is about West Virginia and NOT Ohio. The Second post was a general reference to the region of Ohio/West Virginia/Pennsylvania.

Ohio is a part of Appalachia by the way, eastern/southern Ohio.

15 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

The Byzantines kept their source of Greek Fire a secret. It wasn't common knowledge then or now.

Again, the Byzantine Empire was founded in 285 AD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Empire and they are not Greeks.  While they may have had Greek fire, this does not prove the Greeks used "drip gasoline" as Greek Fire in 500 BC.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Not as bad as people telling me I’m part alien or that my ancestors couldn’t pile rocks on top of each other.

Part, Atlantean, Celtic, Semitic or Alien for me. The "Red Race" bleeds woocrap.  :yes:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

Huh? who said that? I never did, not once. 

19 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Fracing.

Surely you know it's spelled "fracking"... and I say this as a West Texan who knows about oil fields.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Awlsew said:

Must be the scopilia. The first post is about West Virginia and NOT Ohio. The Second post was a general reference to the region of Ohio/West Virginia/Pennsylvania.

Ohio is a part of Appalachia by the way, eastern/southern Ohio.

The quotes are what they are. That you pretend to not know what you’re saying is your own deal.

Can I come over and mansplain some “facts” about your homeland? Russia, right? Home to crushing oligarchies and state-sponsored homophobia?

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph

1 minute ago, Kenemet said:

Again, the Byzantine Empire was founded in 285 AD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Empire and they are not Greeks.  While they may have had Greek fire, this does not prove the Greeks used "drip gasoline" as Greek Fire in 500 BC.

1. Greek Fire is mystery.

2. No one today knows the source.

3. Based on descriptions, it could have been drip gas.

4. Drip gas is found where crude oil is.

5. Byzantines had access to areas where crude oil was.

6. Byzantines were the ones who used Greek Fire, not the Greeks.

1 minute ago, jaylemurph said:

Can I come over and mansplain some “facts” about your homeland? Russia, right? Home to crushing oligarchies and state-sponsored homophobia?

—Jaylemurph 

Irrelevant.

Edited by Awlsew

3 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Surely you know it's spelled "fracking"... and I say this as a West Texan who knows about oil fields.

There in no letter 'k' in Frac. No one in the industry would dare use the letter 'k'. 

4 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Only those who don't know spell it 'frack'. That is how we know about the un-informed in matters of hydraulic fracturing

Just now, Awlsew said:

There in no letter 'k' in Frac. No one in the industry would dare use the letter 'k'. 

Kenemet, thank god there’s a straight white dude around to explain things to us. 

I hope he’ll slap us around some if we make him feel insecure. You know, so we keep to our places.

—Jaylemurph 

• Haha 2