Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indian marathon runner claims to be 119

UM-Bot

While it’s not impossible to reach 119, all other examples we have are of more seditary individuals. Avoiding arthritis would be the biggest issue. 

• Like 2

I've seen several other people in other nations claiming to be super old. Usually they've adopted their father/mother, or grand father/mother, identification after that person passed away.

Good for him running a marathon, even if he is "only" 80 or 90.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2019 at 2:45 PM, OverSword said:

A little more than twice my age? Sure, why not? I’m feeling like I may live that long lately  :D

That will come in handy if you ever move to the UK.  The age of retirement here has just been raised again to 105.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

While it’s not impossible to reach 119, all other examples we have are of more seditary individuals. Avoiding arthritis would be the biggest issue. 

I think diet would go a long way there. Avoiding food that cause inflammation. Aside from that, just don't stop moving:

This guy is managing his own farm alone at 74 years old, all his equipment is powered by horse or human hands. I think there are a lot of examples like him we don't hear about. What this gentleman will be like in another 40 years remains to be seen, however as the farm life is not an easy life. 

• Thanks 3

On 8/28/2019 at 12:06 PM, Dark_Grey said:

however as the farm life is not an easy life. 

:huh:

Your not punching a clock. Just doing what needs to be done. Some days nothing needs to be done

Your always moving when doing those things

Mid -Summer is farting around most of the day

Mid-Winter is farting around except for bringing in firewood

Nobody stabbing you in the back or pushing you and stressing you out.

My stepfather was 75 and taking care of all my horse matters while I was in prison before his cancer spread. My stepsister is 76 and does the field biology thing plus scientist marches and long hikes.

My neighbor is 78 and she hunts, fishes and does all her own yardwork

My uncle was 85 and still taking care of 7 horses and 50 cows besides making hay and growing silage corn.

My friend Benny is 75 and still logging

My ex-boss is 77 and still a sawyer.  

On 8/27/2019 at 6:00 PM, Golden Duck said:

He is fully sikh bro!

But he's not a Khalsa which just screams B.S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Piney said:

Your not punching a clock. Just doing what needs to be done. Some days nothing needs to be done

My stepfather was 75 and taking care of all my horse matters while I was in prison before his cancer spread. My stepsister is 76 and does the field biology thing plus scientist marches and long hikes.

My uncle was 85 and still taking care of 7 horses and 50 cows besides making hay and growing silage corn.

Hmmm, if those are your friends, how old are you Mr Piney?

• Like 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Hmmm, if those are your friends, how old are you Mr Piney?

They are my younger friends. My older friends are all dead. Since I was in middle school I always hung out with older adults I could learn something from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Piney said:

Lol that's an interesting take on it. I would take the farm life over this one any day. I remember my father talking to my old farmer uncles (two brothers that inherited the family farm long ago,) and he asked them if they have ever felt depressed. They thought about it for a second and the answer was "no. Never." Every day they woke up and knew exactly what they were supposed to do. No existential crisis, or anxiety about the future, no wallowing in self pity over the past. Just another day of being alive and doing chores lol I envy that simplicity. I envy their complete autonomy over their own lives.

Ride or Die... I mean Run or Die 

• Like 1