Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Insight or Evidence

Will Due

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Insight comes from gifted individuals that perceive and receive information through the theoretical super-physical senses.

Bull.

From Webster:

Definition of insight

1 : the power or act of seeing into a situation : penetration
2 : the act or result of apprehending the inner nature of things or of seeing intuitively

It requires no special ability to see the reason for a thing. Merely an ability to examine a situation and see the causation.
You are making the same basic error that all the tweener's do in regards to empathy: attributing an ability with 'supernormal' powers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Not bait joc, I'm just trying to understand what kind of thing you had in mind.

My insight is telling me that you have little or no interest in understanding anything that I or anyone else  on the team says.  My insight is telling me that you troll these threads looking to pick a fight with what you deem Team.  The Evidence for that is in every thread that you take part in.

I have better things to do actually...like go to bed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, joc said:

My insight is telling me that you have little or no interest in understanding anything that I or anyone else  on the team says.  My insight is telling me that you troll these threads looking to pick a fight with what you deem Team.  The Evidence for that is in every thread that you take part in.

I have better things to do actually...like go to bed. 

If you can't explain yourself joc, then it is night-night !

6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Then it can be verified, FOR EVERYONE.

For sure. When it leads to everyone getting the evidence of what's real, it could be because that's the main mission for insight.

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

When it leads to everyone getting the evidence of what's real, it could be because that's the main mission for insight.

Ran this statement through a semantics logic engine. The result: null value.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Why are special considerations and factors only applied to spiritual matters? 

Aren't all considerations applied in accordance with the level of insight realized based on the evidence at hand?

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

How mechanical. 

I got the same result. :D

cormac

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Aren't all considerations applied in accordance with the level of insight realized based on the evidence at hand?

If one has to rely on doublespeak and 'special' considerations then there is no insight there is just BS parading as insight. 

cormac

• Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

If I kick you in the 'jewels', is that real? Is the pain 'truth'? Would you gain insight into what it means to be in pain?

You are postulating that 'insight' and 'evidence' are mutually exclusive on one another, and that is a false premise.

Example: You can have evidence that fire will consume any flammable material it encounters. You gain insight that fire can also cause pain, when you thrust your hand into flames, yes?

Does one fact negate the other?

• Like 4

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

If one has to rely on doublespeak and 'special' considerations then there is no insight there is just BS parading as insight. 

cormac

Once again cormac, you seem to have found a way to reduce yourself to the bleetings of someone driven by their base emotions.

Congratulations. Well done.

If I kick you in the 'jewels'

Uh oh. It's a tag team.

• Haha 3

Good night folks. I'm going to give special consideration to an insightful and good night's sleep now. :-*

Edited by Will Due

Take one for the team, Will, I mean take one from the team/

• Haha 1

Just now, Will Due said:

Once again cormac, you seem to have found a way to reduce yourself to the bleetings of someone driven by their base emotions.

Congratulations. Well done.

Nope, I don't like people who are attempting to appear profound while in the process of BSing others. YOU are most definitely NOT profound in any way, shape or form. Congratulations. 

cormac

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Uh oh. It's a tag team.

Meh, small target, I might miss...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Will Due said:

Insight or Evidence

Like with so many other things, there exists a contradiction in terms between Insight and Evidence.

Evidence often hinders a person's inclination towards spiritual exploration; while Insight excersises a person's nature towards spiritual discovery and growth.

Which of the two is preferable?

Insight is the fast track to evidence, it doesn’t hinder anything. Most humans have this skill it isn’t special. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

Insight is gestalt summation and correlation of available data--not to be confused with inspiration.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Nope, I don't like people who are attempting to appear profound while in the process of BSing others. YOU are most definitely NOT profound in any way, shape or form. Congratulations. 

cormac

Exactly, posting UB quotes with no context or purpose or point isn’t profound. 

Hammer claw is profound and believes in god, Stubbs is profound and beliefs in god.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Insight is gestalt summation and correlation of available data--not to be confused with inspiration.

Will thinks he is onto something. 

He needs to do seem googling and reading first. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Speak of the profound devil. :P:wub:

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Exactly, posting UB quotes with no context or purpose or point isn’t profound. 

Hammer claw is profound and believes in god, Stubbs is profound and beliefs in god.

You are also profound--and if there is a God--he couldn't help but believe in you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

You are also profound--and if there is a God--he couldn't help but believe in you.

Good to know John.:wub:

22 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Example: You can have evidence that fire will consume any flammable material it encounters. You gain insight that fire can also cause pain, when you thrust your hand into flames, yes?

In the sense of a deep understanding - that a back-draft is not caused by baked beans is an insight into the behaviour of fire.

• Haha 2

Just now, Sherapy said:

Good to know John.:wub:

Marsha!

• Haha 2