Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Insight or Evidence

Will Due

9 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

The one thing that I, and science, have said consistently is that a god IS NOT REQUIRED for Creation to have occurred.

Go ahead and prove that, tell and show us the evidence of what was there before creation occurred! And we do not want to hear silly theoretical physics stuff as evidence and proof.

If someone has already requested this from, I'm still trying to read the first posts on page two.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Why are special considerations and factors only applied to spiritual matters? 

Suppose an investigator has evidence that a certain person committed a crime, and also has insight as to WHY they committed the crime. Does one condition (insight) negate the other condition (evidence)?

It always amazes me how theists can create special cases for beliefs, that do not apply to any other situation or condition.

Very rare conditions, as there are many unsolved crimes that despite the evidence of the crime, they have no insight into the motive or the criminal.

As an example.

Meet the psychic who uses gift to solve FBI cold cases

https://nypost.com/2016/08/01/meet-the-psychic-who-uses-gift-to-solve-fbi-cold-cases/

9 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

If I kick you in the 'jewels', is that real?

Depends! Are the jewels real? With all our technology today jewels can be made, and look real and original on some. For instance, synthetic diamonds, or imitation diamonds.

1 hour ago, Pettytalk said:

So far a "team" of eight bits; 3 bits of like and five bits of thanks. And the only one who does not BS around here is the captain, 8 bits.

And the bits are loosened and we are off to another race!

Do you have any evidence that your Plato and Atlantis is the prophecy that the planet is coming to a screeching halt yet? 

How come Ben Jowett never had that insight? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Very rare conditions, as there are many unsolved crimes that despite the evidence of the crime, they have no insight into the motive or the criminal.

As an example.

Meet the psychic who uses gift to solve FBI cold cases

https://nypost.com/2016/08/01/meet-the-psychic-who-uses-gift-to-solve-fbi-cold-cases/

How come Troy isn't working with the Center for Missing and Exploited Children? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Not when I use words commonly understood definitions, instead of randomly assigning meaning to them to fit a narrative..

Like Jewels, and the pain they feel?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

Do you have any evidence that your Plato and Atlantis is the prophecy that the planet is coming to a screeching halt yet? 

How come Ben Jowett never had that insight? 

Because he was a relative of yours?

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

"It doesn't work that way". 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm trying to find my own literary children, which have been exploited by the densest of minds. 

I have no idea as to why you even asked me about Troy. You need to pose that question to the psychic, as I'm only a ragged and one track prophet. And I can see that, in the not so distant future all children, missing or otherwise, will no longer be exploited..... never again.

15 hours ago, Will Due said:

Insight or Evidence

Like with so many other things, there exists a contradiction in terms between Insight and Evidence.

Evidence often hinders a person's inclination towards spiritual exploration; while Insight excersises a person's nature towards spiritual discovery and growth.

Which of the two is preferable?

We need both.  Otherwise we have no clue whether our insight is valid or not.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

http://ntskeptics.org/2017/02/18/psychic-frauds/

For $250 an hour, you too can have any crime solved.:rolleyes:

That's cheap.  John what'sit on television charges $700.00 for a session that may last only 20 minutes.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That's cheap.  John what'sit on television charges $700.00 for a session that may last only 20 minutes.  :lol:

Apparently cold readings and guess work pay well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Yes, because you are assigning your own meaning to commonplace, and commonly understood words, which makes discussion impossible.

^^^ This is why so many discussions fail, both here and in RL, because people make up their own interpretations of what is being said.

So Jodie, can you tell me in understandable words what you think I WAS supposed to be discussing in regards to the OP's question? What is this discussion supposed to be about?

I feel I was actually trying to be co-operative with the OP's intent and not be a nitpicker on words.

The thread is getting rather dry and brittle, let's give it a knot or a twist... 

[00.06:06]

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

I have no idea as to why you even asked me about Troy. You need to pose that question to the psychic, as I'm only a ragged and one track prophet. And I can see that, in the not so distant future all children, missing or otherwise, will no longer be exploited..... never again.

Well, you posted a link to him. I thought maybe you were buds.  As for children according to you they will be all be buried by earthquakes and tidal waves so they will be missing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Like many things, a little bit of both are needed, and therefore preferable as a team of two, insight and evidence. But I would really like to see a team of four, by adding foresight and hindsight, to get to where you are going with this, Will.

Insight..evidence..foresight..hindsight !   Just makes me think of girl watching !      Sorry, carry on.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

"It doesn't work that way". 

Every time a "psychic?" said they help cops I'd hand them one of their chief investigators cards.

*Here! Give Chuck a call!* 

You should of seen their faces......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Every time a "psychic?" said they help cops I'd hand them one of their chief investigators cards.

*Here! Give Chuck a call!* 

You should of seen their faces......

You'd think that a real psychic would be helpful in missing person's cases, especially children. Practically speaking if there were legit psychics then cold cases would be a thing of the past, but of course its all fakes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Will Due said:

Why does the word gender come to mind? Until recently everyone had no problem understanding its definition. 

Did that happen because it's everyone's job to try to guess or understand someone's unconventional meaning of a commonly used word.

New person, new meaning, new job?

Everyone knows what the word gender means. Are you being obtuse on purpose or are you just really that dense?

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, joc said:

Everyone knows what the word gender means. Are you being obtuse on purpose or are you just really that dense?

So much animosity. 

19 minutes ago, Will Due said:

So much animosity. 

No animosity. Just trying to gauge why I find it impossible to have an actual conversation about anything with you. Lord knows I've tried! If you want me I'll be in the lounge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, joc said:

No animosity. Just trying to gauge why I find it impossible to have an actual conversation about anything with you. Lord knows I've tried! If you want me I'll be in the lounge.

Then let's try harder.

What do you want to talk about?

7 hours ago, lightly said:

Insight..evidence..foresight..hindsight !   Just makes me think of girl watching !      Sorry, carry on.

Does she have a limp or is she happy to see you... 

~

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, lightly said:

Don't forget the pinch on the hind side, just to make certain you are not dreaming.

• Thanks 1