Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government to ask Queen to suspend Parliament

ExpandMyMind

1 hour ago, godnodog said:

The EU got an agreement, Boris either takes it or not, personally I want the EU to have some balls and end this mess with a "take it or leave it".

Boris and ither brexit supporters can blame thw EU all they want, they put themselves in this situation. Leave means leave.

That's all we've ever wanted.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

an unelected Prime Minister cannot be allowed to violate the law of the land to implement anything, let alone something that the people have not had a vote on (No Deal Brexit was explicitly not on the referendum in 2016). 

Your lot weren't saying that when the remainer Treason May was *******g things up for the last three years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Its all I need to say and you wont succeed in trolling me.

You are now on ignore.

N'aww is oo scared of the remainer and his facts? 

Good luck running when worse people come for you. 

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

is that all you have? no one voted to leave without a deal, equally no one voted to leave with a deal.

We voted Leave, because we were told of 800,000 job loses, immediate recession, there would be no food, £4,000 worse off a year, world war 3 and we'd be back of the queue.still never accepted my offer of accepting democracy and concede defeat. but its all clear to all here your a democracy denier and want to be the part of the generation to ignore the democratic will of the ballot box.

You know as well as I do that under our democracy, parliament is sovereign. I advocate letting them handle this. 

You advocate letting whoever will let you get your way handle it. 

I have accepted our democracy.

Can you? 

your on the wrong side of History. well done you.

Democratic Vote

Denied

R.I.P Democracy.

To quote: it may have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong side. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

N'aww is oo scared of the remainer and his facts? 

Good luck running when worse people come for you. 

Here's a fact for you, back in 2016 after 5 months of being told that this was going to be the most important decision in a generation and despite the remain camp splurging £12 million of tax payers money on their campaign, we were asked a simple question. 'Do you want the UK to stay in the EU or do you want the UK to leave the EU' (no mention of good deal, bad deal or no deal).

The majority voted to leave the EU. 

That is the only fact you need to concentrate on.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

You know as well as I do that under our democracy, parliament is sovereign. I advocate letting them handle this. 

Can you? 

To quote: it may have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong side. 

Yeeeeess... ummm.... 

At the time of the referendum, the majority of MP's where for Remain. 

They showed that - by an admittedly tight majority - that they where out of touch with the wishes of the British People. 

And nevertheless, you would trust THEM to determine Brexit ? 

You know.. from a certain perspective... I'm starting to see Boris Johnson as being the reincarnation of Winston Churchill ! He wasn't publicly popular at the time, and he was CERTAINLY despised by "the establishment". And yet he had a vision of what Britain needed to do in the face of an expansionist European power. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Yeeeeess... ummm.... 

They showed that - by an admittedly tight majority - that they where out of touch with the wishes of the British People. 

You know.. from a certain perspective... I'm starting to see Boris Johnson as being the reincarnation of Winston Churchill ! He wasn't publicly popular at the time, and he was CERTAINLY despised by "the establishment". And yet he had a vision of what Britain needed to do in the face of an expansionist European power. 

Nail on the head. That one sentence pretty much sums it all up. Bravo.

You'd think they would have got a clue after the EU elections wouldn't you.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Setton said:

Can you? 

The Prime Minister is delivering the referendum result. the talking shop as closed. roll on the 31st October Democracy is a beautiful thing.

• Like 2

stay in & have the Euro parliament idiots still  in charge

get out, no deal & have the brainless British politicians in charge. Wow what a choice! It's the same **** but in a different bucket.. Oh joy:rolleyes:

We need a radical shakeup of UK Politics.

For the last 70 years we have been trapped into a way of thinking which has led to our continuous decline. We are escaping out of the EU but unless the rot is stopped we could lose more than what we have already lost. For example... Scotland.

The present bunch of politicians are useless. They have dismantled us as a power, flooded our country full of immigrants, are more interested in everything weird and wonderful, rather than offering this country decent leadership.

I hope over the coming decades when being out of the EU forces to get our act together, we will look inside ourselves and find a great leader to rebuild us. I want to see the 21st century end with Britain being a superpower again and a great power at that.

9 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

We need a radical shakeup of UK Politics.

For the last 70 years we have been trapped into a way of thinking which has led to our continuous decline. We are escaping out of the EU but unless the rot is stopped we could lose more than what we have already lost. For example... Scotland.

The present bunch of politicians are useless. They have dismantled us as a power, flooded our country full of immigrants, are more interested in everything weird and wonderful, rather than offering this country decent leadership.

I hope over the coming decades when being out of the EU forces to get our act together, we will look inside ourselves and find a great leader to rebuild us. I want to see the 21st century end with Britain being a superpower again and a great power at that.

Hmm.. in purely economic terms.. how would "losing" Scotland represent a blow to the remainder of the United Kingdom ? 

Other than that... I agree wholeheartedly :)

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. in purely economic terms.. how would "losing" Scotland represent a blow to the remainder of the United Kingdom ? 

Its our country.

Its about more than economics.

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

Its our country.

Its about more than economics.

I agree entirely. 

But.. in purely economic terms ? 

If Scotland voted to seperate, it would become a bankrupt 2-nd world nation rather rapidly. 

It would rapidly seek re-union. And - if we had any sense - we would welcome them back with open arms ;) 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I agree entirely. 

But.. in purely economic terms ? 

If Scotland voted to seperate, it would become a bankrupt 2-nd world nation rather rapidly. 

It would rapidly seek re-union. And - if we had any sense - we would welcome them back with open arms ;) 

I also think the assumption they would be getting all the North Sea Oil to be rather arrogant.

Thats a UK asset (not Scottish), developed by the UK (not during Scottish Independent history) and its slap bang in the North Sea ocean (not just off the coast of Scotland).

Comparing the size of our two populations it would fair to give them 10% of the North Sea Oil and to keep the rest ourselves.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

an unelected Prime Minister cannot be allowed to violate the law of the land to implement anything, let alone something that the people have not had a vote on (No Deal Brexit was explicitly not on the referendum in 2016). 

Neither was a bad deal Brexit.

Good ol Boris..

• Like 1

Out of the 43 to 46 plus million people that were eligable to vote around 11 to 14 million couldn't be bothered to take part in possibly the most important vote in a generation.

Democracy is about votes that were cast and counted and the Leavers won fair and square.Time to put Brexit to bed and the fiasco by the remain minority.

Cheers and Thankyou Boris and do what you have to do.

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh no!  The Queen has robbed you of your democratic voice.  Oh wait, no she didn't.  The voice has spoken and it said yes to Brexit.

You lads needs to calm down and carry on.... 

[0.03:39]

~

*snip*

Ooops... duplicate post. 

Edited by RoofGardener

So Mad Boris has gone into full tyrant mode then. With a wave of his hand, he simply removes Parliament so it can't interfere with his fanatical obsession about sticking two fingers up to Johnny Foreigner. So all you people who were smugly explaining how Britain is a Parliamentary Democracy; how does this sit with your beliefs?  

• Like 1

--- 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

7 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

So Mad Boris has gone into full tyrant mode then. With a wave of his hand, he simply removes Parliament so it can't interfere with his fanatical obsession about sticking two fingers up to Johnny Foreigner. So all you people who were smugly explaining how Britain is a Parliamentary Democracy; how does this sit with your beliefs?  

The will of the people come first in a Democracy not the MPs.

Boris earned some respect off me yesterday. He is not a dictator, the Queen has the executive power and he has made no attempt to remove her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

The will of the people come first in a Democracy not the MPs.

but I thought the justification for having a leader imposed by the ruling party was that we choose the MPs, and they can be trusted to make wise and informed decisions? But now the Leader is making sure that Parliament can't make any wise and informed decisions in case they go against his wishes? I'm confused now :( 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

We are a parliamentary democracy with a constitutional monarch

Boris went to see Queen, but Brian May was out, so he went to the Palace and saw The Queen instead. He asked for a prorogation, and she said yes. 

That is our parliamentary procedure. Boris has followed the book. The Remainers don't LIKE the book all of a sudden, and are moaning. Tough. :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Yeeeeess... ummm.... 

No, I'd rather the people got to decide. But as you and the other leavers here are dead set against that, the only other democratic option is to let our sovereign parliament handle it. Not by dishonestly cutting our representatives out for ideological reasons. 

P.S. You may recall an election in 2017. Parliament is therefore representative of the people, post referendum. 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You really are full of it today, aren't you? 

15 hours ago, stevewinn said:

The Prime Minister is delivering the referendum result.

The prime minister is delivering his vision of the referendum result, regardless of what the people want. 

Democracy is a beautiful thing.

It certainly is. Such a shame you've abandoned it to force through your personal ambitions.