Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government to ask Queen to suspend Parliament

ExpandMyMind

@L.A.T.1961

:lol: Don't let me sink your hopes in vibrant economy (it's vibrating in Holland direction lately, companies are looking for safer environment) with pointing out that this guy is from Deutsche Bank, not Deutsche Bundesbank. There's this slight difference between another commercial, local bank and an actual central bank. Besides, he had an rather painful expression while delivering the usual hollow praise that must be said if you're not rude enough to tell the truth. 

And lo and behold, isn't that the same bank that wasn't above transferring Russian money to certain Donald Trump?  

22 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

To stop the mad dictator before he abolishes Parliament permanently? At least Hitler had the grace to actually be elected before he abolished parliament. :mellow: 

I think you are mistaken, Dumbledore. 

Hitler failed to be elected as president. He was subsequently appointed as Chancellor. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I think you are mistaken, Dumbledore. 

Hitler failed to be elected as president. He was subsequently appointed as Chancellor. 

He's not mistaken.

Hitler was appointed the Chancellor, by Hindenburg, then in his second term as the elected president. Hindenburg detested Hitler, but had to appoint him the Chancellor, because Hitler's party, NSDAP, won enough votes to be the most numerous party in the Reichstag, controlling the majority combined with other far right parties. 

He was elected - his party managed to control the majority, he was the candidate for the chancellor, of his party. 

Same as Johnson.  

Any parallel between your Queen simply having to confirm any PM the Parliamentary majority (no matter how flimsy) suggests only works better if you know Hitler didn't start as the President, but as the Chancellor.

He then made himself Der Führer - the Leader, not a president. President was too worldly for his gigantic ego screwed beyond any touch with reality with his messianic complex. 

But Johnson's no Hitler. That's true. He's just Johnson.  

Congratulations on your leadership :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

And yet the people voted these representatives in in 2017.

Why does 'the will of the people' from 2016 carry more weight than in a more recent vote in 2017? 

maybe because many people who voted Brexit reverted back to their traditional voting habits. after all in that 2017 election Labour stated they'd respect the referendum result. it turned out a little different. broken promise it now seems.

Lets look at the European elections. its the only barometer we can argue reflects the mood. and it was the Anti-EU Brexit party that swept the country, with an overwhelming victory.

image.png.457e66ab2fe5be02533fc0a283886a72.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

A general election is fought over a wide range of issues, not just Brexit. You cannot parse the results as being  mandate for - or against - Brexit. At least, not accurately. 

The referendum was a specific, focused question. It is an accurate barometer of peoples wishes on the topic. 

Also.. because I say so. Now silence, low born oaf, and peel me another grape ! :D 

But you can take it as a pretty clear indicator that the electorate wanted to be represented by those they elected. Which they now are not. 

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

maybe because many people who voted Brexit reverted back to their traditional voting habits. after all in that 2017 election Labour stated they'd respect the referendum result. it turned out a little different. broken promise it now seems.

Lets look at the European elections. its the only barometer we can argue reflects the mood. and it was the Anti-EU Brexit party that swept the country, with an overwhelming victory.

image.png.457e66ab2fe5be02533fc0a283886a72.png

See reply to RG. As always, you manage to triple jump to the wrong conclusion. 

29 minutes ago, Setton said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/house-prices/no-deal-brexit-could-trigger-house-price-falls-20pc-2020-bag/

Maybe I can get behind this whole no deal thing. Looking forward to snapping up a nice house from some middle aged moron who voted themselves into poverty.

I hate to crush your dreams of home ownership.... but post No Deal Brexit we will all be living in caves and dugouts - 
no more houses, running water, food or medicine**... :hmm:

Hyde Park 2020... 

Anatomically, we remain broadly âpalaeolithicâ, much as we were before towns or large-scale farming developed about 5,000-10,000 years ago.  Photograph: Coco Van Oppens / BBC

pic

** so they say... :innocent:

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Setton said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/house-prices/no-deal-brexit-could-trigger-house-price-falls-20pc-2020-bag/

Maybe I can get behind this whole no deal thing. Looking forward to snapping up a nice house from some middle aged moron who voted themselves into poverty.

Don't you think house prices coming down is a good thing? lower house prices are brilliant for first time buyers and young people who dream of owning their own home. trust you to think its a bad thing.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Don't you think house prices coming down is a good thing? lower house prices are brilliant for first time buyers and young people who dream of owning their own home. trust you to think its a bad thing.

You must have caught hold of the wrong end of enough sticks to build a whole wrong end of a forest. 

This particular effect is good (for me). If I was the kind of morally bankrupt sociopath that only cared about myself (you know, like most no deal supporters), I'd be all for it. My salary will keep rising, faster if anything, and I'll be straight on the property ladder in London. 

Too bad I'm cursed with a conscience and actually care what happens to my country too. 

• Haha 1

Just now, hetrodoxly said:

Waitrose Warrior

Boris giving a speech any minute  LIVE on BBC News.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/10318089/bbc-news-channel-live

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hetrodoxly said:

Waitrose Warrior

Jealous much? 

P. S. Just because I cna afford it, doesn't mean I go to waitrose. I was still born in Teesside. 

1 minute ago, Setton said:

You must have caught hold of the wrong end of enough sticks to build a whole wrong end of a forest. 

This particular effect is good (for me). If I was the kind of morally bankrupt sociopath that only cared about myself (you know, like most no deal supporters), I'd be all for it. My salary will keep rising, faster if anything, and I'll be straight on the property ladder in London. 

Too bad I'm cursed with a conscience and actually care what happens to my country too. 

2 MINUTES ago you was snapping up a house because of someone else's misfortune, like a parasite. you make my skin itch.

16 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

"we're leaving on the 31st of October, no ifs or buts"..... said Boris....

or I suppose there will be a General Election and it will be a very different GE...

Leave Alliance... v ....Remain Alliance

Brexit Party and Conservative Party (if Boris's plans satisfy Farage and the Brexit Party)

Lib Dems and Labour ....

100% tactical ... on the Brexit question...  

???

22 minutes ago, bee said:

or I suppose there will be a General Election and it will be a very different GE...

Brexit Party and Conservative Party (if Boris's plans satisfy Farage and the Brexit Party)

Lib Dems and Labour ....

???

Boris doesn't want an election, but could be forced into it. He needs to go full throttle.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

So, the American not-at-all-wannabe-dictator is supported with loyal to the party supreme court judges, nothing's against their interpretations of the law, only against the interests of the country, decency and common sense. How admirable. 

Almost as admirable as your Johnson using exotic option that no real democracy has, of throwing Parliament out of his way of carrying out his will. Which is supposed to represent the will of the slightest majority of people, expressed 3 years ago, which can never be questioned again, despite the lies of the Brexiter campaign are now obvious. 

The reason why 'conservative' options can impose their narrow interests through such highly disgusting abuses of system is that apparently only the conservatives today are so utterly shameless. And short-sighted enough to believe their profit today is more important than the survival of the state which guarantees their nice parasitic existence.  

You do realise that most people arent left-wing (they are centre) and that Trump has a large popularity base in the USA which has grown since his election?

While you feel strongly about your political beliefs a lot of people dont agree with you. The US right didnt behave as unprofessionally towards Obama as you are doing towards Trump. It elicits feelings of sympathy in people around the world towards Trump at what he is having to put up with. And there is nothing far-right about the guy.

It is not extremist to stop and remove illegal immigrants, it is not extremist to dismantle state healthcare, it is not extremist to redress the trade balance with China, and it is not extremist to make NATO members spend 2% on defence. Trump is a moderate right-wing politician and is doing a good job. You are biased.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

The US right didnt behave as unprofessionally towards Obama as you are doing towards Trump.

Unprofessionally? The only people who might be expected to have to act "professionally" towards the Global Idiot are diplomats. (and have you ever seen Trump's "diplomats" behave remotely diplomatically towards anyone?) 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Boris doesn't want an election, but could be forced into it. He needs to go full throttle.

Well you're certainly right there. He didn't get where he is today by having to be elected. :no: 

1 hour ago, bee said:

Lib Dems and Labour ....

???

The Brexit party splitting the vote is a worry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

Boris would win, Corbyn's Labour party are not fit to Govern.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Do you think Corbyn and that other waste of Oxygen Abbot along with their 70's tree hugging social justice warrior party honestly are electable?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

Do you think Corbyn and that other waste of Oxygen Abbot along with their 70's tree hugging social justice warrior party honestly are electable?

They laughed at Hillary vs Trump, now we have Corbyn vs Boris

and to make things funnier Trump and Boris are clones of each other lol.

5 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

They laughed at Hillary vs Trump, now we have Corbyn vs Boris

and to make things funnier Trump and Boris are clones of each other lol.

One difference Corbyn not Boris would happily hand the keys of No 10 to Putin.

26 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

The Brexit party splitting the vote is a worry. 

(I expect Labour feel the same about the Lib Dems..?)

this short video (on bitshute) has Farage discussing this very thing...
getting to the nitty gritty around the 5.00 mark...

https://www.b****ute.com/video/HMfoDarqtZog/

the Brexit Party has enough suitable candidates to stand in all constituencies but would stand down 
if Boris planned to go for a Clean Break Brexit... but at the beginning of the interview he says that
he thinks he (BJ) is maneuvering for concessions in the Withdrawal Agreement - that Farage says
is essentially a bad deal.... so don't know how that will go...

If there is a tactical agreement Farage gave the example that say in Yvette Coopers constituency 
if the Brexit Party stood and the Conservatives didn't that the Brexit Party would almost certainly win...

and in other places the Brexit Party would stand down for the Conservatives...

at the best of times different political parties can't get on so I don't know how it would play out in reality...
but Lib Dems and Labour would face the same kind of decisions and internal arguments...

:wacko:

• Like 1