Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government to ask Queen to suspend Parliament

ExpandMyMind

General Election they shouted. Let the people decide. Then when a GE was offered the Remainers **** themselves.

44 minutes ago, bee said:

Either a Parliament / Government is timed out (every 5 years) or if an election is called early it has to be supported by 
2/3 of MPs... 

oh and there's the No Confidence thing...

https://www.parliament.uk/education/about-your-parliament/general-elections/

A motion of no confidence is passed in Her Majesty's Government by a simple majority and 14 days elapses without the House passing a confidence motion in any new Government formed

Do you predict that brexit will be delayed then?

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

whats the timing got to do with his support for it.

Try the weight of the office of the president of the United States 

7 hours ago, bee said:

errr... no deal, deal or remain as 3 options on a 2nd referendum would be a stitch up....

that's exactly what Remainers would want... to split the leave vote...

lol... i bet you do - that's not shocking at all... see what I said above..

eventually wangling a 2nd referendum with those three options would be very acceptable to Remainers..

I suppose reducing it to deal or remain would be the ultimate stitch up and it looks like the sneaky bleeps
are setting the scene for that... 

there was always going to be major problems with so many Remain MPs and they have a damn cheek
trying to take No Deal off the table and enshrine it in law...

but a 2nd referendum (stitch up) will be their ultimate aim because that's the only way Remaining becomes
legitimized - 

Also see what I said above re. alternative vote. Then see someone about that paranoia. 

6 hours ago, stevewinn said:

General Election they shouted. Let the people decide. Then when a GE was offered the Remainers **** themselves.

2nd referendum is what remainers have actually been demanding. 

But don't let facts get in the way, *snip*. 

Edited by Kismit
I believe the point has been made

22 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

See you fell for the Guardian B*****ks.

(p.s. where are the 'brown people' in europe)

I have no idea what point you think you've made. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevewinn said:

This is priceless, Corbyn spent the whole of yesterday kicking Johnson round the commons , and everyone else got a chance to put the boot in. He's got Johnson on the hook and theres no reason to let him off. a GE is Corbyns whenever he wants and all Johnson can do is beg and plead and lie and stand there waving his hands and muttering   " phor, mwurrr, warhar!, I told 'em, dufflecoats I said! BRRRrR! Crisps....mumblemumblemumble....wuderderderwurrrr, millenium hand and shrimp! " to himself like a drunken tramp under a bridge...

I hope Corbyn lets Johnson squirm for a good long while. Give the Tories chance to stew in Johnsons stupidity and tear themselves apart, a just punishment for the harm theyve done to this country.  People have told me for years they think under all that ridiculous bluster that there's a real leader in Boris. Ive never believed it, and now Boris is proving it! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Try the weight of the office of the president of the United States 

and since being in that office he has consistently supported Brexit, indeed the harder the better and also encouraging other EU countries to indulge in their own form of Brexit.

56 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

and since being in that office he has consistently supported Brexit, indeed the harder the better and also encouraging other EU countries to indulge in their own form of Brexit.

It's actually very convenient that Trump keeps blathering against the EU. If there's any imbecile around me, in real life (Internet trolls are a different story) stupid enough to bring up the possibility of leaving the EU, it's enough to point out that it's something Trump thinks is a wonderful idea. 

Apparently, some Americans can't fathom this, but Trump is an epitome of intellectual wrongness. To put it nicely. 

Like I said, it's very convenient. Instead of explaining a lot, you just have to inform people that certain stupidity is something Trump advertises around and they instantly back down.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

2nd referendum is what remainers have actually been demanding. 

But don't let facts get in the way, *snip*. 

A general election at this point would be as good as a second referendum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torchwood said:

This is priceless, Corbyn spent the whole of yesterday kicking Johnson round the commons , and everyone else got a chance to put the boot in. He's got Johnson on the hook and theres no reason to let him off. a GE is Corbyns whenever he wants and all Johnson can do is beg and plead and lie and stand there waving his hands and muttering   " phor, mwurrr, warhar!, I told 'em, dufflecoats I said! BRRRrR! Crisps....mumblemumblemumble....wuderderderwurrrr, millenium hand and shrimp! " to himself like a drunken tramp under a bridge...

I hope Corbyn lets Johnson squirm for a good long while. Give the Tories chance to stew in Johnsons stupidity and tear themselves apart, a just punishment for the harm theyve done to this country.  People have told me for years they think under all that ridiculous bluster that there's a real leader in Boris. Ive never believed it, and now Boris is proving it! 

Corbyn and the labour party are cowards, a general election is as good as a referendum at this point in time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Torchwood said:

I have no idea what point you think you've made. 

Then let me explain. People like you have been persuaded by the likes of the Guardian & BBC that everyone that voted brexit do so to stop 'brown people' as you put it, coming into the country, if that's the case then can you tell me from which country in europe these 'brown people' come from?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

What's the point of keep kicking this down the road another extension will leave us in exactly the same place as we have been for 3 years, the EU won't give us a deal that doesn't leave us as a vassal state with no say whatsoever because they don't have to, we have to have a general election to sort it out one way or the other, 'IT CAN'T CARRY ON'

• Like 2

8 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Do you predict that brexit will be delayed then?

I really don't see how another delay can be avoided as the Remain MPs are bringing the whole thing to deadlock (again)

waiting for the opportunity to force in a 2nd referendum ....

but we shall see....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Also see what I said above re. alternative vote. Then see someone about that paranoia. 

It's politics not paranoia.... and that's why the General Public are peed off with politics and politicians..
too much deceit and underhand maneuvering - 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

What's the point of keep kicking this down the road another extension will leave us in exactly the same place as we have been for 3 years, the EU won't give us a deal that doesn't leave us as a vassal state with no say whatsoever because they don't have to, we have to have a general election to sort it out one way or the other, 'IT CAN'T CARRY ON'

I have a plan..... :D

if the public really wanted to show Parliament and MPs who was boss....( ie the people / voters...)

we could get rid of almost the lot of them at the next general election -

Leave camp could vote for the Brexit Party - Remain camp could vote for the Lib Dems...

and Hey Presto... a new chapter of British Politics .... 

voters have to get off the Lab / Con merry~go~round for that to happen though... :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bee said:

if the public really wanted to show Parliament and MPs who was boss....( ie the people / voters...)

Leave camp could vote for the Brexit Party - Remain camp could vote for the Lib Dems...

voters have to get off the Lab / Con merry~go~round for that to happen though... :) 

Thats my plan.:yes:

And I suspect many others (see EU election results) and that's why Corbyn is s**t scared of having one.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, bee said:

That's a cunning plan :)

10 hours ago, stevewinn said:

You mean like the Tories proposing a no confidence vote in order to lose and force an election? Oh wait...

2 hours ago, bee said:

I think Boris is one step ahead of you as he proceeds to single handedly destroy the Tory party  with his No-Deal shenanigans. 

• Like 1

Would the government be willing to call a new referendum with two simple choices?

Leave with a deal

Leave without a deal

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Would the government be willing to call a new referendum with two simple choices?

Leave with a deal

Leave without a deal

The Boris Johnson administration has lost all control of brexit. Its the parliament thats in the drivers seat. 

15 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

The Boris Johnson administration has lost all control of brexit. Its the parliament thats in the drivers seat. 

Maybe an early General election could be called with each party offering a key choice?

Cons - Leave with / without a deal

Labs - Leave with a bad deal

Libs - Remain

Trouble is, how on Earth do any of them get a majority for any proposal in the house?  I recall earlier this year Kenneth Clarke offered a proposal for a softer Brexit that almost passed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

A general election at this point would be as good as a second referendum.

A couple of pages ago we were hearing how a general election couldn't be used as a measure of public opinion on Brexit. 

Do please make your mind up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bee said:

It's politics not paranoia.... and that's why the General Public are peed off with politics and politicians..
too much deceit and underhand maneuvering - 

Says the one supporting Johnson, whose tactics and goals we know the public do not support.