Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government to ask Queen to suspend Parliament

ExpandMyMind

So it seems the prorogation is legal, at least until an appeal court hears the case.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

We sold them to him and he used them.

The claim is that when we went into Iraq he actually no longer had them. I suspect they were buried or stored for the future.

This is actually a very interesting topic that you could (and should) read much more about. 

The short version is, the Americans wanted a war, Blair wanted to support them but was hamstrung by that little thing called international law. So he asked the intelligence services for any evidence they had that Iraq had WMDs (he should have asked what the chances were instead). Those services failed to push back as they should have done and got very excited over a single report. Which it turns out was provided by someone with a grudge against Saddam. Couple that with the fact that Saddam wouldn't let weapons inspectors in (because he didn't want Iran to learn how p*** poor his weapons were) and Blair had his excuse. 

Not our finest hour but not quite the conspiracy you're making out. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

"I'd rather be dead in a ditch than delay Brexit": The Leader. So I think we've all gathered he's utterly fanatical. But then what? What does he imagine will happen then? Does he have any policies for anything at all other than insisting that Brexit will happen when he says it will? Here's a challenge for all his avid admirers: what are his policies on, well, anything at all other than insisting that Brecit will happen? Does he simply believe that Brexit will be a magic spell that will descend over the land and make everything happy and everything work well? The only policy that anyone seems able to discern is to say that "well, splutter, splutter, we'll give all the money we give the EU to the NHS!" Will giving it lots and lots and lots of lovely money suddenly make it magically efficient, customer-focussed and people will no longer have to book appointments to see their GP with a four week lead time (so you have to anticipate in advance what complaints you're likely to have by then)? Suddenly giving, if that was possible and this millions upon millions actually did exist at all, millions upon millions to gigantic bureaucracies just makes gigantic bureaucracies even more gigantic bureaucracies; it doesn't improve their efficiency. Come on, all you fanatical flag-wavers that Boris will deliver us from foreigners; tell us what vision he has for how to lead the nation forward. Go on. 

until Brexit is sorted out normal politics can't carry on as..................... normal...
that much is clear..

anyway... here are some fanatical flag wavers for you.. who just love centralized, bureaucratic authoritarian government - :innocent:

pic source

Members of a pro-EU band perform as they are joined by others protesting outside the Houses of Parliament in London, Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019. Parliament was reconvening Tuesday for a pivotal day in British politics as lawmakers challenge British PM Boris Johnson's insistence that the U.K. will leave the European Union on Oct. 31, 2019 even without a deal.

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

Just now, bee said:

until Brexit is sorted out normal politics can't carry on as..................... normal...
that much is clear..

anyway... here are some fanatical flag wavers for you.. who just love centralized, bureaucratic authoritarian government - :innocent:

pic source

Members of a pro-EU band perform as they are joined by others protesting outside the Houses of Parliament in London, Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019. Parliament was reconvening Tuesday for a pivotal day in British politics as lawmakers challenge British PM Boris Johnson's insistence that the U.K. will leave the European Union on Oct. 31, 2019 even without a deal.

Pity leave can't get those numbers. Wonder why. 

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

Like in the Referendum you mean. 

Just look at that picture, white middle class, where's all the 'yoof', very ethically diverse group as well, these are not the demographic supporters we were told represent Remain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

excuse me.... Leave won the referendum and those are the numbers that really count... in the ballot box...

• Thanks 1

Just now, OverSword said:

Gross!!  Look at all of those Brits wearing the colors of a foreign power.

britain-brexit_46365ec0-ce50-11e9-831a-a

to be fair, just look at them, not exactly the type of people who storm beaches are they. more virgins than a comic con convention.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Like in the Referendum you mean. 

Just look at that picture, white middle class, where's all the 'yoof', very ethically diverse group as well, these are not the demographic supporters we were told represent Remain. 

exactly... you know...when it was the EU elections and I watched some of the actual EU's coverage they were
almost all white middle class presenters / interviews etc etc... you wouldn't have thought there was a significant black or muslim population in the whole of the EU.... just middle class white intelligentsia... it was so obvious that they were presenting a certain picture for the viewing and voting public... that didn't reflect reality... 

If they manage to wangle a 2nd referendum I'm sure they are going to try really hard to get 16 and 17 year
olds involved and voting because they need the brainwashed, social media addicted yoof to win...

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

I try not to watch too much (any) MSM news because it's such a wind up... but have had a peep at a bit lately to see
what they are up to while all this is going on - and I've noticed the micro management of the use of the
EU flag in TV coverage - they always make sure they get the EU flags in shot and as many as possible
and the EU flags around parliament are on super long poles......waving around ..... night and day..... waving around....
even if they do a slightly pro leave interview with someone - there's the EU flag - waving around fluttering in the breeze
- in shot.... waving around..

my god you could be forgiven for thinking those people are fanatics... :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bee said:

exactly... you know...when it was the EU elections and I watched some of the actual EU's coverage they were
almost all white middle class presenters / interviews etc etc... you wouldn't have thought there was a significant black or muslim population in the whole of the EU.... just middle class white intelligentsia... it was so obvious that they were presenting a certain picture for the viewing and voting public... that didn't reflect reality... 

If they manage to wangle a 2nd referendum I'm sure they are going to try really hard to get 16 and 17 year
olds involved and voting because they need the brainwashed, social media addicted yoof to win...

Just like when they got the date of registering to vote extended. first time in history that's happened and they still lost. in fact whenever the people are asked they lose.

Anyway, i wonder if this latest Bill will get passed for a 3rd reading next week? or will Boris Veto it, he keeps saying we'll leave on the 31st October, despite what Parliament is doing, his speech the other day where he said he'd rather be dead in a ditch than ask the EU for an extension to the leaving date. I do wonder if Boris and Cummings have something up their sleeves.

This bill only applies to the 31st October leaving date, and compels Boris to ask the EU for a extension. doesnt say he as to accept it, in fact imagine if he asked for a extension from the 31st October to 5th November. the 5th November would be a fitting leave date for this Parliament.

Did you see Labours Emily Thornberry on QT last night, shes got a brilliant strategy akin to that of @Captain Risky  If Labour where elected they'd go to Brussels and negotiate a deal, then come back to Britain and campaign against their own agreement/deal. you couldnt make it up.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RAyMO said:

speculate is too timid a word. The public can accept what they are told by those who deem themselves important enough to tell others how to think, or the public can do a bit of research and come to reasoned conclusions.

It was pointed out at the time of the referendum that turkey's membership was not likely. Furthermore it was the UK, not others in Europe, who were actively pushing for Turkey to become a member.

I remember David Cameron saying something along the lines of... 'I (we) look forward to Turkey becoming
a member of the EU'...  whether it was a real possibility at the time or not... I think it sunk in that European
(EU) expansion was by no means over and vast numbers of people did not like the prospect of what could
be over the horizon .... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bee said:

I remember David Cameron saying something along the lines of... 'I (we) look forward to Turkey becoming
a member of the EU'...  whether it was a real possibility at the time or not... I think it sunk in that European
(EU) expansion was by no means over and vast numbers of people did not like the prospect of what could
be over the horizon .... 

Bee put this question to them. If Turkey are not joining the EU at some point in the future why is the EU paying them accession money.

and why they are still official candidates for membership.

https://ec.europa.eu/environment/enlarg/candidates.htm

Just look at that list of expansion the dregs of Europe.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Bee put this question to them. If Turkey are not joining the EU at some point in the future why is the EU paying them accession money.

After the 2013 authoritarian crackdown Germany blocked further negotiations for Turkish entry into the EU if memory serves. 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

This is actually a very interesting topic that you could (and should) read much more about. 

The short version is, the Americans wanted a war, Blair wanted to support them but was hamstrung by that little thing called international law. So he asked the intelligence services for any evidence they had that Iraq had WMDs (he should have asked what the chances were instead). Those services failed to push back as they should have done and got very excited over a single report. Which it turns out was provided by someone with a grudge against Saddam. Couple that with the fact that Saddam wouldn't let weapons inspectors in (because he didn't want Iran to learn how p*** poor his weapons were) and Blair had his excuse. 

Not our finest hour but not quite the conspiracy you're making out. 

Thats factually incorrect.

Dr Kelly pulled the evidence that Iraq had WMDs off the internet and used it to form a report on the threat. Tony Blair escaped prosecution because there was no evidence which suggested he knew where the material in the report came from. And of course, Dr Kelly committed suicide during the Parliamentary enquiry so no witness statement exists to say Blair or Bush knew.

It is public record that Reagan and Thatcher sold WMDs to Iraq to be used in their war against Iran.

Edited by RabidMongoose

23 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Just like when they got the date of registering to vote extended. first time in history that's happened and they still lost. in fact whenever the people are asked they lose.

they tried every trick in the book to cement remaining (poor Jo Cox MP even lost her life in that brutal murder
and I'm sorry to say that that was much much too strategically convenient for the Remain cause for my
liking... that's all I'm saying about that.... but even her brutal murder didn't swing it)

and they are still trying every trick in the book to thwart leaving...

wow about Emily Thornberry on QT.... 

and re BJ's sleeve.... I don't know if he has got anything up there or not.... :) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

After the 2013 authoritarian crackdown Germany blocked further negotiations for Turkish entry into the EU if memory serves. 

Official status of Turkey:

Membership status

Candidate country

As with all Accession countries the EU pays them Accession money Turkey is still in receipt of this money. As of May 2019. Turkeys status as a future membership candidate as not been Cancelled.

23 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Dr Kelly pulled the evidence that Iraq had WMDs off the internet and used it to form a report on the threat. Tony Blair escaped prosecution because there was no evidence which suggested he knew where the material in the report came from. And of course, Dr Kelly committed suicide during the Parliamentary enquiry so no witness statement exists to say Blair or Bush knew.

It is public record that Reagan and Thatcher sold WMDs to Iraq to be used in their war against Iran.

Poor Dr David Kelly.

from them in the know and less said the better but Labours Alistair Campbell as a lot to answer for concerning this man's death. Hence the 70 year block on coroners report. to make sure Campbell, Blair and the rest involved are dead before it becomes public available. and by then those interested will be dead. for example i'd love to see it but i'd be 98 years by the time its public and the generations then wont even know or care who he was.

We've seen recently its one rule for us and one for them. just like they let Jimmy Saville die, because if he was brought to justice while alive he'd have spilled the beans, and the Saville abuse went right to the top, from Saville, BBC Directors, TV stars, Chief Police officers, top Judges and front Bench Govt officials. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Poor Dr David Kelly.

from them in the know and less said the better but Labours Alistair Campbell as a lot to answer for concerning this man's death. Hence the 70 year block on coroners report. to make sure Campbell, Blair and the rest involved are dead before it becomes public available. and by then those interested will be dead. for example i'd love to see it but i'd be 98 years by the time its public and the generations then wont even know or care who he was.

We've seen recently its one rule for us and one for them. just like they let Jimmy Saville die, because if he was brought to justice while alive he'd have spilled the beans, and the Saville abuse went right to the top, from Saville, BBC Directors, TV stars, Chief Police officers, top Judges and front Bench Govt officials. 

There is another possibility and that is Iraq, or another one of our enemies, assassinated him.

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

to be fair, just look at them, not exactly the type of people who storm beaches are they. more virgins than a comic con convention.

As opposed to the brave, bold leavers. 

Who p*** themselves if a referendum is mentioned. 

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

If you say so. 

Obviously you'd be such an authority in the matter. Far more so than the wealth of academic publication on the subject. Or the inquiry reports :lol:

Look up Curveball then try opening a book instead of YouTube. 

Edited by Setton

3 hours ago, Setton said:

Well you're right that if such a government comes to pass, democracy is dead. 

It's to late mate, it's been ill for a while and passed away this week.

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Anyway, i wonder if this latest Bill will get passed for a 3rd reading next week? or will Boris Veto it, he keeps saying we'll leave on the 31st October, despite what Parliament is doing, his speech the other day where he said he'd rather be dead in a ditch than ask the EU for an extension to the leaving date. I do wonder if Boris and Cummings have something up their sleeves.

This bill only applies to the 31st October leaving date, and compels Boris to ask the EU for a extension. doesnt say he as to accept it, in fact imagine if he asked for a extension from the 31st October to 5th November. the 5th November would be a fitting leave date for this Parliament.

Did you see Labours Emily Thornberry on QT last night, shes got a brilliant strategy akin to that of @Captain Risky  If Labour where elected they'd go to Brussels and negotiate a deal, then come back to Britain and campaign against their own agreement/deal. you couldnt make it up.

I’ve never said anything of the sort. This is a desperate ploy on your behalf to not take responsibility for being consistently wrong on Brexit. 

3 hours ago, Setton said:

All 50 of them, i know you'll claim there's a million, don't bother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Poor Dr David Kelly.

or Alastair PEOPLE'S VOTE Campbell - as he calls himself on Twitter..

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1