Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government to ask Queen to suspend Parliament

ExpandMyMind

6 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

they do but they don't want Boris controlling the timetable. if they call a vote of NO confidence they cannot dictate the date - Boris would.

Likewise Boris doesn't want the opposition controlling the timetable hence is can't call a vote of no confidence in himself as that would be amendable by the Opposition to insist in a date after 31 October.

:tu:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

We look forward to the day the people can show their gratitude.

Well one thing is sure and thats brexit (Hard) will make life tougher from day one. I don't think people will be voting the same way again. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Boris is playing games. If he really wanted an election all he has to do is call a vote of no-confidence in his own government. 

If you think about that I`m sure you would realise he would (rather funnily) win the vote of no confidence.

He first needs to trap the opposition so that they call for a vote of no confidence in which they would be compelled to vote against him. Like I said, he needs to lie to Parliament telling them he will extend Article 50 then go AWOL on holiday while not doing anything. If the only way to get Article 50 extended is to succeed in a vote of no confidence they will go for it. Then Boris can choose the General Election option instead of resigning.

Thats an approach for getting a General Election without Parliament voting for one.

32 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Correct, it just takes a 2 minute call to extend Article 50.

The opposition dont want a General Election because they know a party can get a decent majority in the House of Commons from 35% of the vote. Thats far less than the 52% who were motivated to vote for leave! lol.

and lets be honest look at the sinister moves by Parliament, MP's got the Green light for an extension from the EU, then used the legal services of the EU to draft the Benn Bill.

They have negotiated with a party being negotiated with whilst not informing the elected Government. Parliament has indeed overreached itself. There's this thing about holes and Boris as got his defence to disobeying parliament's instruction.

11 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

He first needs to trap the opposition so that they call for a vote of no confidence in which they would be compelled to vote against him. Like I said, he needs to lie to Parliament telling them he will extend Article 50 then go AWOL on holiday while not doing anything. If the only way to get Article 50 extended is to succeed in a vote of no confidence they will go for it. Then Boris can choose the General Election option instead of resigning.

wouldn't work for Boris - the no confidence procedure would take 14 days and give the opposition time to agree an alliance nominate a PM and  extend Brexit.

You seem to be of the view that during this period the PM can act as if he has the powers of a PM - he can't.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

Just now, stevewinn said:

and lets be honest look at the sinister moves by Parliament, MP's got the Green light for an extension from the EU, then used the legal services of the EU to draft the Benn Bill.

They have negotiated with a party being negotiated with whilst not informing the elected Government. Parliament has indeed overreached itself. There's this thing about holes and Boris as got his defence to disobeying parliament's instruction.

Thats evidence of the EU trying to interfere with our own internal politics.

Its time to turn off the international fibre optic, to remove all outsiders from the room, and to get this dealt with in-house ourselves.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Correct, it just takes a 2 minute call to extend Article 50.

The opposition dont want a General Election because they know a party can get a decent majority in the House of Commons from 35% of the vote. Thats far less than the 52% who were motivated to vote for leave! lol.

Only half of whom support a no deal exist. 

And you're down to 26% at best. 

26 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The clock is on the side of Boris, all he as to do is stay as Prime Minister until the opposition call a vote of No-confidence and General election. But the opposition dont want a GE:

A vote of no confidence doesn't have to lead to a general election. 

And if Boris chooses to break the law, it won't be a no confidence vote he faces, it'll be contempt of court charges and prison. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

If you think about that I`m sure you would realise he would (rather funnily) win the vote of no confidence.

Thats an approach for getting a General Election without Parliament voting for one.

Boris has a minority government. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Boris has a minority government. 

and becoming more of a minority by the day. Hell by the 31 Oct it might only have 1 member.

• Haha 1

Just now, RAyMO said:

wouldn't work for Boris - the no confidence procedure would take 14 days and give the opposition time to agree an alliance nominate a PM and extend Brexit.

I dont think that would work because the Labour Party is not 100% for remain or a deal.

It has its own leaver MPs who would interfere in any moves by Corbyn to extends Article 50. He would then have to see off no confidence votes himself. Due to his unpopularity amongst his MPs for being too left-wing I think he is intelligent enough not to go for that as there will be the temptation amongst them to finally get rid of him lmao.

5 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

It has its own leaver MPs

yes I think 3 or 4 voted for Boris' methods.

But even more worryingly for some - Boris is making Corbyn look like a genius.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Setton said:

Only half of whom support a no deal exist. 

And you're down to 26% at best. 

And if Boris chooses to break the law, it won't be a no confidence vote he faces, it'll be contempt of court charges and prison. 

I find it funny that I will use an article you yourself posted to invalidate your latest post https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49551893

In the BBC poll (and I`m not even going to point out how that it is a deeply shameful and biased left-wing media organisation) its 38% of the population who are happy with a no-deal. If you believe that (and I suggest they are hugely biased towards remain) then thats somewhere around a 50 seat majority in Parliament lol.

In a General Election there will be several parties for and against a no-deal, a deal, and remaining. Boris and Farage need to make sure they dont split each others votes. The Labour and Liberal Democrats need to avoid it too if they are to have a chance. The coming General Election will be all about tactics.

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

But you and i both know it we lead to a GE: The Rebel Alliance isn't strong. 

Boris Breaking the Law, I say Let the courts decide. im not so sure they'll look favourably on Parliament seeking to make a law out of a political instruction to a Prime Minister. and one that does not apply to ALL Prime Ministers, but an individual. The courts could rule that If Parliament does not like the government’s use of its powers, then it has the means to vote it out of office. neglecting a need for a Law, and seeing how the opposition has refused to even consider a No confidence vote followed by an election and one was offered by the Prime Minister. So, was a Law needed or apply. 

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

The coming General Election will be all about tactics.

I will agree with you on that.

How are Boris and Dom at tactics?

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I find it funny that I will use an article you yourself posted to invalidate your latest post https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49551893

In the BBC poll (and I`m not even going to point out how that it is a deeply shameful and biased left-wing media organisation) its 38% of the population who are happy with a no-deal. If you believe that (and I suggest they are hugely biased towards remain) then thats somewhere around a 50 seat majority in Parliament lol.

In a General Election there will be several parties for and against a no-deal, a deal, and remaining. Boris and Farage need to make sure they dont split each others votes. The Labour and Liberal Democrats need to avoid it too if they are to have a chance. The coming General Election will be all about tactics.

The Tory and Brexit party need to work together that's a given. Let the Brexit party have a crack at the Labour seats, the seats the Tories don't have a chance in, and likewise, the Breixt party in Tory seats. 67% of Labour seats voted Leave. prime Brexit party territory up North.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The courts could rule that If Parliament does not like the government’s use of its powers, then it has the means to vote it out of office. neglecting a need for a Law, and seeing how the opposition has refused to even consider a No confidence vote followed by an election and one was offered by the Prime Minister. So, was a Law needed or apply. 

But that can only come after the 17 of October, the alliance I suspect would be strong enough to put some one up for a week to extend Brexit - if it was the only option available.

Whatever happened to the support for Britain's fishing economy?

fishing2.png

Map of today's fishing and shipping traffic taken at 11.20am.  Even on a quiet Sunday morning the waters around the UK are congested with non-British traffic.

Imagine if all of these boats had to pay a British tariff to fish and cross into our waters.  'We're in the money'

fishing.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's this Breaking NEWS, that French President Macron. like De-Gaulle before him is to say Non to extension.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

What's this Breaking NEWS, that French President Macron. like De-Gaulle before him is to say Non to extension.

Thats another valid point.

The remainer MPs trying to frustrate the Democratic Will of the British people are forgetting the EU will not give us a revised deal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

The remainer MPs trying to frustrate the Democratic Will of the British people are forgetting the EU will not give us a revised deal.

if a true remain parliament was returned - it wouldn't need a deal.

7 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Whatever happened to the support for Britain's fishing economy?

fishing2.png

Map of today's fishing and shipping traffic taken at 11.20am.  Even on a quiet Sunday morning the waters around the UK are congested with non-British traffic.

Imagine if all of these boats had to pay a British tariff to fish and cross into our waters.  'We're in the money'

fishing.png

They’ll just fish there illegally. 

8 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

that's interesting - so in this model Brexit is not about free trade but protectionism

Just now, RAyMO said:

if a true remain parliament was returned - it wouldn't need a deal.

It would unless it retracted Article 50. Hence Labours Emily Thornberrys QT moment. where she'd negotiate a DEAL, then campaign against it.

• Like 1

Just now, stevewinn said:

It would unless it retracted Article 50. Hence Labours Emily Thornberrys QT moment. where she'd negotiate a DEAL, then campaign against it.

I agree with your point, I was merely saying that if we had a true remain parliament - they'd simply revoke article 50. However, doubt labour would have the courage  to go full remain in the elections

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

They’ll just fish there illegally. 

Send the Navy and impound any illegal vessel. with the fine to be paid or the boat goes to auction to the highest bidder, im sure there will be a few British Fishermen looking to increase their fleet size to help catch their quota.