Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government to ask Queen to suspend Parliament

ExpandMyMind

10 hours ago, stevewinn said:

I went out and leaflet dropped for the Brexit Party. And played a part in that National election win. And I'll do the same again in the GE. This is how you win through the ballot box. Something you can only dream of. 

Hmm... 

Still not what you were claiming you'd do if we didn't leave, is it? Of course we all remember the moving scene in Les Miserables where Jean Valjean goes out leafleting. 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, stevewinn said:

The Tory and Brexit party need to work together that's a given. Let the Brexit party have a crack at the Labour seats, the seats the Tories don't have a chance in, and likewise, the Breixt party in Tory seats. 67% of Labour seats voted Leave. prime Brexit party territory up North.

I agree..... and Boris mustn't start thinking he can go it alone... and get flattered by polls..

he's cleared the decks of the Tory Remainer Rebel MPs and now he should go for a Clean Break
Brexit and an alliance with the Brexit Party... 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, stevewinn said:

What's this Breaking NEWS, that French President Macron. like De-Gaulle before him is to say Non to extension.

we'll see..... but I don't think he will break ranks with Brussels at the end of the day..

he probably doesn't even have (in reality) the freedom to break ranks with them -
Macron is probably trying to give the illusion that he has the freedom to do what he wants
but this could be for the benefit of his domestic audience.. he's EU through and through and
(IMO) a puppet put there to support the EU... (and political Globalism)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Setton said:

Hmm... 

Still not what you were claiming you'd do if we didn't leave, is it? Of course we all remember the moving scene in Les Miserables where Jean Valjean goes out leafleting. 

Hmm, certainly a better use of my time, and more importantly effective. (by the way never seen the movie)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevewinn said:

Hmm, certainly a better use of my time, and more importantly effective. (by the way never seen the movie)

But still not what you claimed you'd do, is it? Like so many leavers, just full of empty dishonest noise. 

And it's a stage production, peasant :P

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, bee said:

I see the merit of your analysis - 

The next GE is going to be all about Brexit and the strength of the potential alliances will
decide it... it will be a Leave Alliance v Remain Alliance election....

and If Boris thinks he can go it alone he is mistaken ...... IMO....

The leavers have one more advantage in going for an election as opposed to a referendum. as I said polls for remain / leave have been consistently remain for quite a well.

That advantage for the leavers - Corbyn, although to be fair Boris is doing his best to nullify that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

the General Public are encouraged to remain unaware and ignorant of the wider agenda...
that's why hardly anyone knew who their MEP was or anyone in the EU hierarchy was... (we do now but
before the referendum Joe Public didn't)...

was just looking for a classic Farage video when he dramatically asks the EU Parliament...
'Who ARE you people...?'

can't find the one I wanted but here's a similar one... highlighting how unknown the people in the EU
hierarchy are.... the people who have a lot of power over our lives and direction of future politics...

from a few years ago... :) ....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Torchwood said:

For a hundred thousand years humanity wandered this planet at will, going where it wanted when it wanted and not having to explain itself to anyone except the occasional sabretooth tiger.  Tiny little thing at play there, you might have heard of called Freedom!

Then 300 years ago some **** draws an arbitrary line on a map and we have to all act like its normal....

Pure fantasy, groups of monkeys and apes fight over territory, it started before we could walk upright.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu/sticking-to-brexit-plan-uks-johnson-will-not-seek-a-delay-idUSKCN1VT0BS

I just found this - sorry if it's been posted before.  I haven't followed this Brexit thing at all - can someone tell me do Brits want Brexit or not?

I would've thought they'd want to leave and get it over and done with asap.  I don't understand why it's being held up - sorry if it seems a stupid question. :wacko:

In any election you have to have 'losers' consent ie they accept the result of the vote or democracy doesn't work, the losers have used every trick in the book to stop us leaving, not only this they've conspired with the EU to thwart democracy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

The leavers have one more advantage in going for an election as opposed to a referendum. as I said polls for remain / leave have been consistently remain for quite a well.

That advantage for the leavers - Corbyn, although to be fair Boris is doing his best to nullify that.

I did that laugh smiley because of the last sentence...  I do wonder how Boris can cope with being PM at
this time - but (from the leaver's perspective)... he's what we've got at the moment... but he really needs Farage
to pull it off and I hope he realizes this...

I don't trust polls very much... not the ones that are made public anyway - because they can be manipulated
and used to try and influence people rather than just record the public's point of view.. ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu/sticking-to-brexit-plan-uks-johnson-will-not-seek-a-delay-idUSKCN1VT0BS

I just found this - sorry if it's been posted before.  I haven't followed this Brexit thing at all - can someone tell me do Brits want Brexit or not?

I would've thought they'd want to leave and get it over and done with asap.  I don't understand why it's being held up - sorry if it seems a stupid question. :wacko:

in 2015, The UK PM went to Brussels to get reform from the EU, after negotiations the Prime Minister then brought back what the EU had offered, and put that offer to the people in a IN/OUT referendum. (the EU decided it didn't have to reform, so the now famous line the (UK) Prime Minister went to europe asking for nothing and come back with even less) so In 2015 the UK Parliament decided to hold a Referendum on our Membership of the European Union. in 2016 we held that referendum. the Majority of people 17.4million 52% to 48% voted to Leave. ( but the important part is this, the majority of Politicians wanted us to remain so the entire campaign was based around fear, they tried to the frighten the population into their way of thinking which was to vote remain, our own government promised us hell fire and brimstone if we even dared to voted Leave, immediate recession, 800,000 job losses, World War 3, and even got the President of the United States  (Obama) to tell us we'd be the back of the queue in any trade deal with the USA, his intervention was meant to be neutral, impartial, but he made the mistake in the use of the word queue instead of the favoured line in the US of back of the line, it turned out peoples suspicions where correct, it came out in the wash many months later the Prime Minister asked Obama to intervene. and his intervention speech was written for him by the Prime Minister, hence the use of the wrong phrase queue instead of Line.

Anyway all the polls where showing a Remain victory, based on this all the Politicians where happy, they where all falling over themselves to get on TV to tell us how they'd respect the vote, how they'd implement and accept it, the will of the people will be obeyed. (confident that the full weight of the state, institutions, TV and printed Media all in favour of a Remain Victory had done their work and assured of a Remain Victory.  

tick tock went the clock, referendum day arrived. and off went the Great British Public, fast forward, the Biggest turnout in our History, biggest vote in our History on a single vote. the first results came in just after midnight, the results showed the first three declared regions had overwhelming voted to Remain. - It was happening the Remainers could sense Victory, it was indeed correct what the polls had been indicating, a Remain Victory, there was a queue of MP's on the night trying to get on TV, all smiles they where, party poppers going off in the background, even one scene  corks had been popped and champagne was being poured.

Nigel Farage of the Leave side, conceded defeat, saying it looked likely the Remain side had Won. The NEWs channels couldnt get this on their screens fast enough, With Massive BREAKING NEWS, and ticker tape on the bottom of the Screen carrying his words like they confirmed the Remain Victory, then at 1am in the morning something happened. The Sunderland vote came in which was LEAVE. that set pulses racing, it showed that Remain could be in trouble, nerves jangling, bums twitching the fight back had begun, -  It was vote leaves Al Alamein moment, Before Alamein we never had a victory. After Alamein, we never had a defeat." And so the fingers of the clock continued to spin and it was clear as vote after vote came in that LEAVE were winning, the same politicians who where queuing to get on TV earlier in the night couldnt be found anywhere to appear on TV. So a little after 3AM, it was clear the UK had voted to LEAVE the EU.

What followed was politicians left stuck between a rock and a hard place. on one hand they didnt want to leave, but understood they had to accept the result., after all they where calling themselves democrats.

So, what did they do, Parliament then passed all the Bills & Laws required to LEAVE the EU, Article 50 triggering official notice that the UK will be leaving. which set the clock counting down the 2 year negotiating period as set out in the EU treaties.

So, what has happened.as time went on MP;s thought they could with time get people to change their minds. and ever since then they have been working against the referendum result, doing all they could to try and stop the UK leaving, against the wishes of the people, against the referendum result, 17.4million votes ignored. they've threw all sorts of obstacles, they've succeeded under the previous Prime Minister to delay and we've seen delay after delay, making rules and Laws up as they go along, as they seek to deny Democracy, But in Boris Johnson we have a leader who is trying to honour the result, and he has the backing of the country, but not the backing of Parliament.

Parliament refused a General election so the people cannot show their gratitude, Parliament and the parties blocking Brexit know they'll lose,  they fear the ballot box, because they fear the people.

and worst of all you have people who fell for it and have supported the State in their attempt to overturn the democratic vote of the people. from start to finish they couldnt see the bigger picture and decided to be not of the people but against them.

Oh and by the way all the scaremongering and predictions of 2016, not one of them has come true and its 3 years later, in fact what they said would happen the complete opposite has happened. 800,000 job losses their have been 1 million jobs created, there would be a recession, the economy as continued to grow, trade up, unemployment down employment up. setting and equalling the best employment figures since 1971/72, (which funny enough is the year before we joined the EU)

What has followed on here ever since is those who've been repeatedly wrong (the losers) telling us the Victors how wrong we were, and trying to convince themselves they where right and are still right, and that it just hasn't happened yet, they live in hope of being proved right, and this is what's happened on this forum ever since. the back and forth, they post hysterically claiming the worlds going to end - the calming voices of the Victors, the Brexiteers tell them all will be fine. and have to explain to them time and time again how the modern world works, how all will be fine, but, to clam down and accept means they been wrong all along and these couldnt concede defeat in the referendum so their not going to concede they've been wrong all this time. one of the posters highlights this perfectly, in his constant telling of posters he's been right all along and they've been wrong. its like he need conformation. like a child seeking a pat on the head from a adult. its sad.

You can re-live that glorious Day or fast forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Setton said:

But still not what you claimed you'd do, is it? Like so many leavers, just full of empty dishonest noise. 

Snob.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

You can re-live that glorious Day or fast forward.

Omg.  First of all I just want to say thank you for writing that post @stevewinn - that post was without a doubt the most exciting post I've EVER read on this forum. :clap: :D :clap:

I felt like the pace got faster and faster until ..... I got to the ending when I realised, this is utterly ridiculous, especially knowing you haven't left yet at all. 

How on earth can these politicians keep making excuses when you've already voted on this.  I'll bet those people are angry that originally voted.  I noticed in the video there are a lot of mixed comments.  People who are for it and people who are not. I do hope Boris is able to stand up to the others as it's almost as if it's bullying to an extent.  Would you guys call it that, what's been going on in Govt against Brexit?  Poor Boris, what has he gotten himself into then. :( 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

17 million want it, 16 million don’t and the rest don’t care.

I don't agree with "the rest don't care" , you have obviously forgot the children who cannot vote as they are underage ,at least 25% of the population ,  that's about 17 million, and more than 3  million foreigners living here who can't vote .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Omg.  First of all I just want to say thank you for writing that post @stevewinn - that post was without a doubt the most exciting post I've EVER read on this forum. :clap: :D :clap:

I felt like the pace got faster and faster until ..... I got to the ending when I realised, this is utterly ridiculous, especially knowing you haven't left yet at all. 

How on earth can these politicians keep making excuses when you've already voted on this.  I'll bet those people are angry that originally voted.  I noticed in the video there are a lot of mixed comments.  People who are for it and people who are not. I do hope Boris is able to stand up to the others as it's almost as if it's bullying to an extent.  Would you guys call it that, what's been going on in Govt against Brexit?  Poor Boris, what has he gotten himself into then. :( 

Well for years people have felt Parliament hasn't represented them, always this disconnect, its been suspected but there has never been an event to show this, so always remained a suspicion, but that changed with Brexit the facade slipped and we were allowed to see the truth, the true depth, the disconnect, a rotten core of MP's who believe only one day every 5 years is democracy day, when they ask people for their vote.  They think 17.4Million people where wrong and deny these people their democratic right,  3 years later we are still waiting.

The politicians didn't want to Leave and the People voted the wrong way. so they've decided to work against implementing the Referendum. even to the point these remainer MP's are seeking advice and assistance from a foreign power, they sought the advice and legal services of the EU going behind the back of the British Govt. I'd call it treason. that's the depths these MP's have reached. and then we have the more sinister move whereby they want to make a Law for a political instruction. making Laws up as they go along.

And in the same way they are depriving us of our democratic right for the referendum they are now doing it again by denying us a General Election, because they know the people will vote them out. so its excuse after excuse, we cant have a General Election because Boris will hold it after we have left the EU, our leaving date is the 31st October, the General Election would be the 14th October. a gap of 17 days. so that excuse doesnt wash and the people can see through it. 

I believe Boris will call a vote today in Parliament for a General Election. Lets see if the MP's have the stomach to face their electors as we are mad keen to show our gratitude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Parliament will shut down for the Queens speech tonight until the 14th October. And Boris as said he will not ask the EU for an extension to Article 50.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Well for years people have felt Parliament hasn't represented them, always this disconnect, its been suspected but there has never been an event to show this, so always remained a suspicion, but that changed with Brexit the facade slipped and we were allowed to see the truth, the true depth, the disconnect, a rotten core of MP's who believe only one day every 5 years is democracy day, when they ask people for their vote.  They think 17.4Million people where wrong and deny these people their democratic right,  3 years later we are still waiting.

The politicians didn't want to Leave and the People voted the wrong way. so they've decided to work against implementing the Referendum. even to the point these remainer MP's are seeking advice and assistance from a foreign power, they sought the advice and legal services of the EU going behind the back of the British Govt. I'd call it treason. that's the depths these MP's have reached. and then we have the more sinister move whereby they want to make a Law for a political instruction. making Laws up as they go along.

And in the same way they are depriving us of our democratic right for the referendum they are now doing it again by denying us a General Election, because they know the people will vote them out. so its excuse after excuse, we cant have a General Election because Boris will hold it after we have left the EU, our leaving date is the 31st October, the General Election would be the 14th October. a gap of 17 days. so that excuse doesnt wash and the people can see through it. 

I believe Boris will call a vote today in Parliament for a General Election. Lets see if the MP's have the stomach to face their electors as we are mad keen to show our gratitude.

There are a few Honest M.P's they are called Leavers ,the rest are bloody Traitors and will be shown the door on election day , I look forward to our Independence Day .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Parliament will shut down for the Queens speech tonight until the 14th October. And Boris as said he will not ask the EU for an extension to Article 50.

It has been reported that France will veto any extension , and maybe a few more euro's ,so that's a dud before it starts.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Setton said:

Told you, class war. - the London bubble vs the rest of the country.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Gosh I really hope it works out in your favour, plus I hope when the next election is called the people who have balked at this over and over to delay things lose their seats (we call it a seat here in Australia, so perhaps different there).  Thank you again for explaining that to me so well - I really wish you guys good luck :)

Edit:  I'm sorry but I meant to ask what the Queen thinks of this - is she for Brexit?  

Edited by Gwynbleidd
asking about Queen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The UK's economy grew faster than expected in July;)

The economy grew 0.3% in July, the UK's official statistics body said.

"The pick-up in GDP in July is a reassuring sign that the economy is on course to grow at a solid - perhaps even above-trend - rate in Q3," said Samuel Tombs, chief UK economist at Pantheon Macroeconomics.

Analysts also noted that August's growth figure should be boosted by car manufacturers, which were operating last month, contrary to normal practice. "GDP will get a further boost of about 0.2% in August, when car manufacturers will be at work when they are usually on holiday," said Paul Dales, chief UK economist at Capital Economics.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49632627

German Growth Will Fall to Zero If No-Deal Brexit Happens -

“Germany’s economy will continue to lose steam until the end of the year,” BDI’s Director General Joachim Lang said in a statement. “Economic uncertainty remains high, because of global trade tensions and the U.K.’s exit from the EU.”

A technical recession in Germany is becoming “more likely,” after gross domestic production fell by 0.1 percent in the second quarter, the group said. 

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/german-growth-will-fall-to-zero-if-no-deal-brexit-happens-bdi-1.1312869

German industrial recession worsens as trade uncertainty bites -

Frankfurt: German industrial production unexpectedly declined further in July as trade tensions and waning business confidence continued to weigh on global demand.

Output fell 0.6 per cent from June, missing economist estimates for a slight gain. The numbers point to further deterioration in the outlook for Europe’s largest economy, with production down 4.2 per cent on the year and declining factory orders signalling that no turning point is in sight.

https://gulfnews.com/business/german-industrial-recession-worsens-as-trade-uncertainty-bites-1.66249905

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Setton said:

Hmm... 

Never seen it. What happened?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Setton said:

It’s a movie as well.

• Like 2