Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government to ask Queen to suspend Parliament

ExpandMyMind

John Bercow has resigned..... another obstacle removed. Pip pip

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Told you, class war. - the London bubble vs the rest of the country.

Did you have to have your sense of humour surgically removed or were you born without it? 

Even Steve could tell it was lighthearted so simmer down. 

The peasants really are revolting. 

(P. S. I only moved to London in January so your victim narrative doesn't really hold up).

Edited by Setton
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Never seen it. What happened?

It's about the French revolution. Lots of songs about overthrowing tyranny and rebellion. None about leafleting. 

It’s a movie as well.

Yes, but a very poor one and it was a stage musical for a long time before. 

As anyone cultured would know. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, stevewinn said:

And Boris as said he will not ask the EU for an extension to Article 50.

Nope - he'll offer a deal -

Arlene, DUP leader, today reminded him of his promise not to agree to a NI only Backstop. Was she a tad concerned he may be about to change tact?

Afterall the DUP votes are no good to him now.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Setton said:

Oooooh... REOOWW!

Cat-Nail-File.gif

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Setton said:

It's about the French revolution. Lots of songs about overthrowing tyranny and rebellion. None about leafleting. 

Yes, but a very poor one and it was a stage musical for a long time before. 

No culture this side of the pond.  Heck, we were a season behind on Downton Abbey :lol:

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Oh God...

EEAoUK0XsAAkrht.jpg

...apparently Boris is know blaming Ireland for a hard Brexit. Even though it was negotiated by Theresa May’s Tory government and voted for by Boris. 

Boris Johnson is a complete failure.

• Like 1

I see a member of ERG has said that an NI only backstop (which was the original offer btw) would be acceptable if supported by a NI only Referendum.

Polls in NI have consistently shown support for NI only Mandate.

Arlene will be p%ssed.

3 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

I see a member of ERG has said that an NI only backstop (which was the original offer btw) would be acceptable if supported by a NI only Referendum.

Polls in NI have consistently shown support for NI only Mandate.

Arlene will be p%ssed.

Nobody asked me.  Living in NI and nobody has ever asked me or anyone I know to participate in any poll for anything ever.  Wonder who they asked?  Can easily see why many don't trust the polls as they are so often completely wrong.

• Like 5

No culture this side of the pond.  Heck, we were a season behind on Downton Abbey :lol:

Downton Abbey? Din't she win on Eurosong? 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Nobody asked me.  Living in NI and nobody has ever asked me or anyone I know to participate in any poll for anything ever.  Wonder who they asked?  Can easily see why many don't trust the polls as they are so often completely wrong.

Polls seldom wrong in NI - in fact in most cases you don't even need a poll to work what party will win which seat, such is the tribal nature of our politics. But NI is slowly changing as the election of an Alliance party  anti brexit  MEP showed.

I would also not be surprised if you no one in your area supported the NI Only Backstop or if everyone did - again its tribal to a large extent but with significant exceptions - hence the overall likelihood that it would get a 'yes' vote at a referendum. just FYI as august 19th:

Overall: 58.4% Yes    39.5% No (the poll could have a massive margin of error and still be right overall)

DUP Supporters 94% No (hence why Jeffrey Donaldson is largely right when he says no one in his constituency would support the idea).

UUP Supporters 69% No (possibly more farmer members than DUP - don't know)

SDLP 98% Yes

Sinn Fein 98% Yes

Alliance Party 89% Yes

Green Party 86% Yes

If Boris thought this would get him a deal and he had the numbers in the House (which he would, so petrified is the house of a No Deal) he could be very tempted to go for it. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Nope - he'll offer a deal -

Arlene, DUP leader, today reminded him of his promise not to agree to a NI only Backstop. Was she a tad concerned he may be about to change tact?

Afterall the DUP votes are no good to him now.

A deal won't go through parliament, SNP, Greens, Libdems, won't vote for any deal, Labour have sold their soul and would just vote anything that opposes the Conservatives. 

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

A deal won't go through the house of commons.

You'd think that on past experience - but I suspect that many are so afraid of a no deal happening they vote for anything on offer. At this stage

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

You'd think that on past experience - but I suspect that many are so afraid of a no deal happening they vote for anything on offer. At this stage

No, stopping no deal is just a smoke screen to stop the result of the referendum being implemented, if they really wanted a deal they'd have left no deal on the table, they're not stupid just tortuous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm home from work what have I missed? Bbc is showing parliament live. The debate for a GE. Its boring it's the same thing they've been saying for the last 3 years. It's clear the remainer MPs are not interested in a deal. They want to stop brexit by any means and any cost. 

My god what a shower.  

• Like 5

A closing ceremony is due shortly, hopefully it will be a bit like sailors first crossing the equator, Pollywog or Shellback, involve water and throwing the speaker into the Thames. ;) :P

Edited by L.A.T.1961
  • Haha 2

Just now, L.A.T.1961 said:

A closing ceremony is due shortly, hopefully it will be a bit like sailors first crossing the equator, Pollywog or Shellback, involve water and throwing the speaker into the Thames. ;)

Down the drain would do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Boris in fine form. 

• Like 1

Opposition bottles it again. Boris wins the vote but fails to get a majority needed. 

I love the way the remainers are standing up and saying we need a new parliament, A NEW politics but fail to hold GE; they are deluded in the extreme. 

Roll on the 31st October. And Boris confirms tonight he won't ask for an extention. Boris being arrested and dragged out of downing Street would be a sight to see and be seen as not Boris being dragged out by force but Democracy. Boris the Martyr. Who'd have thought it. 

Goodnight. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

A deal won't go through parliament, SNP, Greens, Libdems, won't vote for any deal, Labour have sold their soul and would just vote anything that opposes the Conservatives. 

Gosh that sounds so much like the Democrats and the Republicans. :( 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Opposition bottles it again. Boris wins the vote but fails to get a majority needed. 

I love the way the remainers are standing up and saying we need a new parliament, A NEW politics but fail to hold GE; they are deluded in the extreme. 

Roll on the 31st October. And Boris confirms tonight he won't ask for an extention. Boris being arrested and dragged out of downing Street would be a sight to see and be seen as not Boris being dragged out by force but Democracy. Boris the Martyr. Who'd have thought it. 

Goodnight. 

Stop it stevewinn. It’s Boris’s second attempt to pass an election and he failed. He failed yet again!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

I think you're right... they won't want to let Boris have any success...like they wouldn't let Theresa May ..

you would have thought that the May / EU withdrawal agreement would have been to their liking if it kept
the UK tied to the EU single market and customs union maybe indefinitely... but staying fully in the EU
is what they really want.... although their shenanigans around the WA and backstop was to the Leave
Camp's benefit because it stopped us going down that road... the Half In ~ Half Out road... no wonder the
EU wanted that WA... they would keep the UK economically captive but get rid of all the UK MEPs...who
are a thorn in their side especially now there are all the Brexit Party MEPs..

Remain MPs have done a pincer movement on Brexit..... blocking No Deal and blocking a deal.... leaving a 2nd
referendum the only way forward (if they continue to have their way... but a GE could put a stop to that)  

Edited by bee
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Goodnight. 

Well that would get him a big chapter in the History Books for sure..

perhaps they will put him in the same block at Belmarsh Prison as Tommy Robinson and Julian Assange... :ph34r:...

:whistle:

• Like 2