Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government to ask Queen to suspend Parliament

ExpandMyMind

3 hours ago, stevewinn said:

why cant we declare a national emergency? you've told us we need to, with all the scare stories. make your mind up.

No, as I said, these are things that are likely to happen if you get your way.

You can't declare a national emergency because you're about to cause one. 

I do so enjoy it when you try to be clever. It's like when 6 year olds learn a new word - you can tell they've got a vague sense of the idea behind it but just utterly incapable of pulling it off. 

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Why, why why Should the EU prosper. £15.5Billion better spent here. Remoaners like handing our money to the EU. Brexiteers would rather spend it on the NHS, Police, Schools and social services, and job creation here in the UK. 

Uhuh. 

That'd be why you keep voting in governments that cut the NHS, Police, Schools and social services then? 

Britain First.

Well it was only ever a matter of time before you announced your actual affiliation. 

Edited by Setton

Belfast High Court dismisses no-deal Brexit challenge

A senior judge has rejected all grounds of challenge to British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's strategy for taking the UK out of the EU, including claims that it would threaten the Northern Ireland peace process.

His decision underpins a verdict reached by senior English judges in a separate challenge over Mr Johnson's decision to suspend parliament for five weeks ahead of the October 31 Brexit deadline.

Backing the government position, Lord Justice McCloskey said: "Virtually all of the assembled evidence belongs in the world of politics, both national and supranational."

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2019-09-12/belfast-high-court-dismisses-no-deal-brexit-challenge/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

A senior judge has rejected all grounds of challenge to British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's strategy for taking the UK out of the EU, including claims that it would threaten the Northern Ireland peace process.

His decision underpins a verdict reached by senior English judges in a separate challenge over Mr Johnson's decision to suspend parliament for five weeks ahead of the October 31 Brexit deadline.

Backing the government position, Lord Justice McCloskey said: "Virtually all of the assembled evidence belongs in the world of politics, both national and supranational."

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2019-09-12/belfast-high-court-dismisses-no-deal-brexit-challenge/

So the judge said in the world of politics anybody can assemble an `opinion` about Brexit and opinions are not facts.

32 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

So the judge said in the world of politics anybody can assemble an `opinion` about Brexit and opinions are not facts.

Politicians can hold opposing views and one view cannot be considered, in law, more valid than another. The final choice is made by the electorate. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

so the courts and judges are now in the pocket of the idiot would-be dictator, then. he's doing a whole lot more efficient a job than Trump. 

1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

so the courts and judges are now in the pocket of the idiot would-be dictator, then. he's doing a whole lot more efficient a job than Trump. 

The Scottish courts were in the pocket of wee Jimmy krankie.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

The Scots judges are not happy with Boris but they were addressing the case from a slightly different angle and apparently using a 300 year old law. Once their opinion has been dragged down to civilisation  :P in the London court, I suspect their ruling will also be thrown out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 406 constituencies voted to Leave, 242 voted to remain.
  • 148 Labour constituencies voted to Leave, 84 voted to Remain
  • 247 Tory constituencies voted to Leave, 80 voted to Remain.
  • 9 regions voted to Leave, 3 voted to Remain.
  • 160 MP’s voted to Leave 486 voted to Remain.

Whatever else MPs may claim to represent, it is clear they are not representative on Brexit.

• Like 1

Oh dear. The ECB starts Printing money again. €20Bn a month to save the Eurozone. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stevewinn said:
  • 406 constituencies voted to Leave, 242 voted to remain.
  • 148 Labour constituencies voted to Leave, 84 voted to Remain
  • 247 Tory constituencies voted to Leave, 80 voted to Remain.
  • 9 regions voted to Leave, 3 voted to Remain.
  • 160 MP’s voted to Leave 486 voted to Remain.

Whatever else MPs may claim to represent, it is clear they are not representative on Brexit.

I don't think immigration and the NHS is foremost on the publics mind, anymore. Another referendum would sink Leave. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

@stevewinn is there anything more important to you than hoping Germany is destroyed, soon? 

I wish the German people well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I don't think immigration and the NHS is foremost on the publics mind, anymore. Another referendum would sink Leave. 

when you don't understand why Remain lost the first vote you have no chance of winning a second vote. please carry on.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

when you don't understand why Remain lost the first vote you have no chance of winning a second vote. please carry on.

And yet you're terrified at the thought of a second one. 

How curious. 

Anyone believe the media's portrayal of voters is that everyone who voted for Brexit had limited understanding of the issues as a whole?  I hear this all the time. i.e. Leavers some how had tunnel vision (riding a horse with blinkers on) and were only concerned with issues that affected them directly with little regard for the issues that would impact everyone else.

There is also the stereotype that Remainers were all duped by the social elitists to stay in and were too scared to take the risk of leaving, and opted for the safer option of remaining because the issues of Brexit were too broad and complex to understand, and therefore they chose the easy option and voted to remain in the EU.

After 3.5 years it feels like these stereotypes have not changed.  Have they?  I hope the Xenaphobic Leaver stereotype is finally dead and buried.  That one was really annoying for many back in 2016.

• Like 1

The Metropolitan Police have today announced there will be no further action against the Leave.EU campaign. The police said that there is insufficient evidence to justify any further criminal investigation. Campaign founder Arron Banks has demanded a public inquiry into Remainer MPs’ abuse of public office in response…

https://order-order.com

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Setton said:

And yet you're terrified at the thought of a second one. 

How curious. 

And yet you're terrified of a general election. I think i know why:-

(look at all those Labour & Liberal colours :rolleyes:)

MANUAL-v1-eu-la-map-ttl_600.thumb.png.3fe46456761695f2f81ffdcaa81ce96a.png

(we don't need a SECOND referendum, we've had one, & you guys have demonstrated that you cannot be trusted to abide by the result, so no...you had your chance.)

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

Anyone believe the media's portrayal of voters is that everyone who voted for Brexit had limited understanding of the issues as a whole?  I hear this all the time. i.e. Leavers some how had tunnel vision (riding a horse with blinkers on) and were only concerned with issues that affected them directly with little regard for the issues that would impact everyone else.

There is also the stereotype that Remainers were all duped by the social elitists to stay in and were too scared to take the risk of leaving, and opted for the safer option of remaining because the issues of Brexit were too broad and complex to understand, and therefore they chose the easy option and voted to remain in the EU.

After 3.5 years it feels like these stereotypes have not changed.  Have they?  I hope the Xenaphobic Leaver stereotype is finally dead and buried.  That one was really annoying for many back in 2016.

Yep, pretty much sums it up.

And the first sentence is because the media is staffed by social elitists.

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

And yet you're terrified of a general election. I think i know why:-

(look at all those Labour & Liberal colours :rolleyes:)

MANUAL-v1-eu-la-map-ttl_600.thumb.png.3fe46456761695f2f81ffdcaa81ce96a.png

(we don't need a SECOND referendum, we've had one, & you guys have demonstrated that you cannot be trusted to abide by the result, so no...you had your chance.)

Yet Steve just said we couldn't win it so why not just have one? Then nobody could claim you're denying the people a say. 

Hardly terrified of a general election. More that the most pressing issue right now is Brexit. A single issue is best settled by referendum not election. You have previously claimed an election cannot deliver an opinion on Brexit so when did you change your mind? 

As soon as this pathetic attempt at a coup has been seen off, let's have that election. 

Edited by Setton

8 minutes ago, Setton said:

Yes Steve just said we couldn't win it so why not just have one? Then nobody could claim you're denying the people a say. 

Hardly terrified of a general election. More that the most pressing issue right now is Brexit. A single issue is best settled by referendum not election. You have previously claimed an election cannot deliver an opinion on Brexit so when did you change your mind? 

As soon as this pathetic attempt at a coup has been seen off, let's have that election. 

You don't seem to be listening....we had one. Or do we all double up on referendums from now on just to be sure?

Just out of curiosity, if there was another referendum and it was 52% remain and 48% leave, what do you suggest is the next step?

7 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

You don't seem to be listening....we had one. Or do we all double up on referendums from now on just to be sure?

We did have one. The people voted to leave. Our elected representatives have since tried to make that happen, while fulfilling the promises of the Leave campaign. 

How would you say that is going for everyone? 

If our representatives can't figure out how we should leave, who should get to decide?

As a supporter of democracy, I say the people. Who do you choose? 

Just out of curiosity, if there was another referendum and it was 52% remain and 48% leave, what do you suggest is the next step?

If you asked me, I'd say the second referendum needs to be clearer. The problem with the first is that it was all hypothetical. We now know the options available. 

So it should be between no deal, the WA or remain, with STV. Then whichever is the least objectionable choice should be enacted. 

Edited by Setton

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

We did have one. The people voted to leave. Our elected representatives have since tried to make that happen, while fulfilling the promises of the Leave campaign. 

I disagree. Anybody with half an eye could see that Teresa May (remainer) & her underlings did everything they could to NOT leave,

the one supposed deal she came up with being rejected three times by everybody & after saying on several occasions the no deal was better than a bad deal.....well, it was a bad deal.

How would you say that is going for everyone? 

It's going great for remainers wouldn't you say.

If our representatives can't figure out how we should leave, who should get to decide?

The people have already decided & all the leaders of all the political parties agreed to abide by their decision.

As a supporter of democracy, I say the people. Who do you choose? 

SEE ABOVE.

If you asked me, I'd say the second referendum needs to be clearer. The problem with the first is that it was all hypothetical. We now know the options available.

No we don't. Nobody has factored in the penalty the E.U. will inflict on us (which they will undoubtably inflict) if we turn around now and say we want to stay. They will make a very expensive example of us to deter others from seeking a little bit of democracy.

No it should be between no deal, the WA or remain, with STV. Then whichever is the least objectionable choice should be enacted. 

No deal it is then, think you'll find the 52% happy with that. (check out the E.U. election results yet again)

Skynews:

'David Cameron said a 2nd referendum can't be ruled out "because we're stuck"'.

The hypocrisy!!!  Right before the result in 2016 he was asked if the result is 52 - 48 (for remain winning) would he call a 2nd referendum.  His response was:

“I am absolutely clear a referendum is a referendum, it’s a once in a generation, a once in a lifetime opportunity, and the result determines the outcome.”

3 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Skynews:

'David Cameron said a 2nd referendum can't be ruled out "because we're stuck"'.

The hypocrisy!!!  Right before the result in 2016 he was asked if the result is 52 - 48 (for remain winning) would he call a 2nd referendum.  His response was:

“I am absolutely clear a referendum is a referendum, it’s a once in a generation, a once in a lifetime opportunity, and the result determines the outcome.”

He's just typical of all mps. 

They all have their own agendas. 

I'll be happy in a few years time when prime minister farage does the job properly. 

• Like 1