Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government to ask Queen to suspend Parliament

ExpandMyMind

Just seen guy Verhofstadt at the Lib Dem conference talking about empires. How the future, tomorrow is one of empires. And in order to compete in the world the UK needs to be part of the EU (empire) got applause all round from the Lib Dems. These are the same people who vilify the British empire. 

Serious question are the Lib Dems a party for the UK or EU. 

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I remember economic lie after economic lie coming from you.

I'm not responsible for whatever fictional memories you have created. 

If they are real, you'll have no problem finding a quote to back them up. 

Off you go. You've been trying to prove me wrong for 3 years. This should be a golden opportunity for you. 

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Are you not of the remain fraternity? 

I think we should have remained if that's what you mean. It's not quite as cult-like as the no-dealers. 

Much as not all leave voters voted that way 'so all the brown people will go home', not all remain voters said we would have huge job losses and economic downturn just from a leave vote, before it was followed through. 

As with RabidMongoose, if you think I did say that, find a quote. 

Or admit you're just making things up again. Either is fine with me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Setton said:

I think we should have remained if that's what you mean. It's not quite as cult-like as the no-dealers. 

Much as not all leave voters voted that way 'so all the brown people will go home', not all remain voters said we would have huge job losses and economic downturn just from a leave vote, before it was followed through. 

As with RabidMongoose, if you think I did say that, find a quote. 

Or admit you're just making things up again. Either is fine with me. 

im just glad you've placed on the record that your in total agreement with me, No recession or 800,000 job losses. so your argument is not for the UK to remain for economic reasons. So that leaves you arguing to remain simply on partisan terms.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

im just glad you've placed on the record that your in total agreement with me, No recession or 800,000 job losses. so your argument is not for the UK to remain for economic reasons. So that leaves you arguing to remain simply on partisan terms.

It is very mature of him to change his view now he has been presented with sufficient facts, figures, and evidence. It takes a big man to admit he was wrong. He has passed a developmental milestone where he questions his beliefs and worldview when confronted with information at odds with them.

We understand Setton that your heart is with the EU because you are an immigrant scared about the rise of nationalism. The problem with your black and white thinking (one extreme or the other) is there is a whole spectrum in between.

You think anything right of you is automatically at the extreme end of the spectrum when it isn't. You are suffering from what I call left and right wing political bi-polar lol.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

It is very mature of him to change his view now he has been presented with sufficient facts, figures, and evidence. It takes a big man to admit he was wrong. He has passed a developmental milestone where he questions his beliefs and worldview when confronted with information at odds with them.

We understand Setton that your heart is with the EU because you are an immigrant scared about the rise of nationalism. The problem with your black and white thinking (one extreme or the other) is there is a whole spectrum in between.

You think anything right of you is automatically at the extreme end of the spectrum when it isn't.

He does that a lot, apparently he was vote Leave, then changed his mind and become Remain. well that's what he said when he started posting on Brexit. But i dont think that was true, i think he was only saying that to try and give his posts some plausibility. As you don't become a fanatic when you've crossed the divide. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, stevewinn said:

I recommend you visit this link. It may help you to understand my post. 

Edited by Setton

5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

You think anything right of you is automatically at the extreme end of the spectrum when it isn't. You are suffering from what I call left and right wing political bi-polar lol.

Even for you this is impressively fantastical. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Setton said:

I recommend you visit this link. It may help you to understand my post. 

which post or all of them.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

which post or all of them.

Specifically post 853. Given your response, you clearly need the help. 

Although if you feel you need the support with all posts, I'm sure they'll offer a reduced rate. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

Specifically post 853. Given your response, you clearly need the help. 

Although if you feel you need the support with all posts, I'm sure they'll offer a reduced rate. 

Yes i haven't a clue the point your making.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:47 PM, Setton said:

And yet you're terrified at the thought of a second one. 

How curious. 

If we did have a second referendum we would Win again ,so that would stop all crying remainers ,but they would want another one , just like the Russian elections . I f you can't win do it again until you do . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Just seen guy Verhofstadt at the Lib Dem conference talking about empires. How the future, tomorrow is one of empires. And in order to compete in the world the UK needs to be part of the EU (empire) got applause all round from the Lib Dems. These are the same people who vilify the British empire. 

Lib Dems , the greatest fighters of a lost cause the world has ever seen . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

If we did have a second referendum we would Win again ,so that would stop all crying remainers ,but they would want another one , just like the Russian elections . I f you can't win do it again until you do . 

But don't forget this, this is the same soft lad that said referendums are only advisory, and here he is calling for one. instead of a GE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watching the news today I can see 3 choices for Boris getting a No deal Brexit.  Which is the most likely option to occur?

Leaving with No deal.

1 - One of the EU member states simply does not allow another extension.  Result = UK leaves with no deal.

2 - Johnson must legally obey the Surrender Bill which states that he simply has to ask the EU for an extension, but he is not legally required to sign any documents that will trigger the extension.  Result = UK leaves with no deal.

3 - Johnson calls for a No Confidence Vote in his own minority government.  Labour has to vote with it, and this would trigger a General Election, whereby the Surrender Bill is scrapped, and No Deal is back on the table.

I personally think Boris is right now negotiating a trade agreement (a bribe) with one of the EU nations and in return they will agree to block the extension.

Edited by Aaron2016

5 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Yes i haven't a clue the point your making.

That's been obvious for 3 years. 

Again, I recommend the linked page very strongly. 

4 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

If we did have a second referendum we would Win again ,

So go ahead and win. Out your money where your mouth is. 

Unless it's just more empty talk from empty headed cowards? 

3 hours ago, stevewinn said:

But don't forget this, this is the same soft lad that said referendums are only advisory, and here he is calling for one. instead of a GE.

Again, find a quote. 

4 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Dont copy my vocabulary lol.

Please believe me, I don't need or desire to copy your vocabulary. 

On 9/14/2019 at 1:20 PM, stevewinn said:

This guy wants to be like China and India? And then the roar of the crowd. Unbelievable.

• Like 1

"Boris Johnson is on his way to Brussels for talks with Jonk - Yonk - Jean Claude Juncker. The President - Prime Minister says" ~ Newsreader on the News just now. Bit of a Freudian slip there perhaps (on Boris's part that is). 

10 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

I personally think Boris is right now negotiating a trade agreement (a bribe) with one of the EU nations and in return they will agree to block the extension.

you are right but only to a point - watch the DUP in coming days refer to any new agreement whereby NI stays aligned with the EU in any terms other than 'backstop'.

Boris needs a deal: a GE, which will take place in November during the unavoidable chaos from a No Deal Brexit, would end his premiership very rapidly. So something has to give and that something, from his perspective, will be NI.

We will most likely leave on 31/10/2019 with a NI [constitutional safeguard] or other such name and otherwise the existing WA.

13 hours ago, stevewinn said:

The Brexit referendum was legally advisory - even Farage admits that.

However Referendums in the the UK can be legally binding if set up properly: A UK referendum will only have the force of law if the Act setting it up says so.

so there no reason a future referendum cannot be legally binding.

Edited by RAyMO

David Cameron: Boris Johnson behaves appallingly

Given that Cameron admitted to putting his penis in the mouth of a severed pig's head, thus confirming himself as a performer of necro-bestiality, Boris must be a pretty bad boy if even David Cameron feels entitled to censure his behavior.  I mean, if even pig ****ers think they have the right to criticise you, perhaps it is time to take a long hard look at one's life choices...

Edited by Alchopwn

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

you are right but only to a point - watch the DUP in coming days refer to any new agreement whereby NI stays aligned with the EU in any terms other than 'backstop'.

Boris needs a deal: a GE, which will take place in November during the unavoidable chaos from a No Deal Brexit, would end his premiership very rapidly. So something has to give and that something, from his perspective, will be NI.

We will most likely leave on 31/10/2019 with a NI [constitutional safeguard] or other such name and otherwise the existing WA.

The  hypocrisy is astounding, the EU & Ireland (though the latter doesn't have a choice) pretend to take the moral high ground insisting the backstop must stay in place though don't appear to give a 5hit about the violence that would incur if NI were forced to stay in the EU.