Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government to ask Queen to suspend Parliament

ExpandMyMind

On 9/17/2019 at 9:04 PM, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

What has Nigel Fromage been doing? He's been suspiciously quiet <_<

You mean he's been avoiding the remain media, very sensible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skookum said:

Sadly I believe Brexit is now dead. It seems every Avenue has been explored and the odds are just too great against Boris and the minority of leavers in parliament.

The EU politicians are getting increasingly cocky as they are breifed constantly by remain politicians.

I personally believe this will end in a cancellation of article 50 then a second very rigged referendum. 

Hope I am wrong.

Tis true, the establishment the EU and big businesses have contrived to thwart the will of what they see as plebs, maybe we need UN monitors at the polling stations. 

Personally, I'm not too fussed about the outcome of this court case, I'm just looking forward to the next general election because I believe that remainer politicians and their followers have seriously misjudged the mood of the Great British public, and they're going to be in for quite a shock. 

• Like 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Tis true, the establishment the EU and big businesses have contrived to thwart the will of what they see as plebs, maybe we need UN monitors at the polling stations. 

They wont risk a second referendum unless they are positive it is rigged so there is no chance of a Brexit result. I guess they will put lots options on the ballot paper. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, skookum said:

They wont risk a second referendum unless they are positive it is rigged so there is no chance of a Brexit result. I guess they will put lots options on the ballot paper. 

Lib/dem and Labour have said it should be a deal approved by parliament or remain in the EU, options on the ballot paper, we've already voted to leave so it should be parliament approved deal, which basically will be remain, or no deal.

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, skookum said:

They will cleverly word every question so that the answer is remain ,except the last question in microscopic wording which may say , do you really want to leave Europe , because if you do you will be Doomed .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spud the mackem said:

They will cleverly word every question so that the answer is remain ,except the last question in microscopic wording which may say , do you really want to leave Europe , because if you do you will be Doomed .

Reminds me of this scene from 'Yes Prime Minister'

Leave or Remain - Both?

Mr. Wooley (First referendum)

- Do you believe Britain is a great country and should be protected? - Yes

- Do you believe Britain is capable of governing herself? - Yes

- Are you concerned about the migrant crisis across Europe? - Yes

- Do you care that communities across Britain including our fishing industry are suffering terrible hardships because of EU legislation? - Yes

- Do you believe Britain should take back control of her laws and borders? - Yes

- Will you vote to Leave the EU on June 23rd? - Yes

Try again (Second referendum)

- Do you believe Britain has the capability and potential to succeed in Europe? - Yes

- Does your European health card give you peace of mind when you travel to Europe? - Yes

- Are you worried about the potential food and medicine shortages if we Leave? - Yes

- With so much division in parliament these days, are you worried that Britain is incapable of taking us forward? - Yes

- Europe is progressing and building a brighter future for all its people.  Do you believe Britain deserves to be part of that future? - Yes

- Will you vote to Remain in the EU? - Yes

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Reminds me of this scene from 'Yes Prime Minister'

Yes Minister / Yes Prime Minister - truly a great documentary series on how government works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skookum said:

Heaven forbid they give the people choices! 

What kind of backwards, anti-democratic dictatorship is this where we let the people choose?! 

Never has a vote been so rigged as to provide more than 2 options! 

Let's hope the weather is better next time round.  According to this study the Leave result would have been even greater if the weather had been better that day.  Remainers better hope it rains.  ;)

weather.png

Edited by Aaron2016

Well done for finding a way of getting round the Express embargo. Doesn't that, though, rather portray the Leavers as fair weather fans of democracy? 

Anyway,the Leader is going full Churchill now.

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4

mqdefault_6s_case5.webp?du=2999&sqp=CIPbkewF&rs=AOn4CLAz9Yoo7BFNGxVTrq59mHCRfJkJ5g

Watch out for the adoption of the trademark cigar very soon!

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

5 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Well done for finding a way of getting round the Express embargo. Doesn't that, though, rather portray the Leavers as fair weather fans of democracy? 

Anyway,the Leader is going full Churchill now.

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4

mqdefault_6s_case5.webp?du=2999&sqp=CIPbkewF&rs=AOn4CLAz9Yoo7BFNGxVTrq59mHCRfJkJ5g

Watch out for the adoption of the trademark cigar very soon!

"Never in the field of human voting as so few denied democracy to so many"

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Personally, I'm not too fussed about the outcome of this court case, I'm just looking forward to the next general election because I believe that remainer politicians and their followers have seriously misjudged the mood of the Great British public, and they're going to be in for quite a shock. 

I sadly have very little faith in the British electorate now. Diane Abbott was overwhelmingly voted back in after a series of car crash interviews and public blunders. Even when she was placed on a kind of sick leave her constituents still felt she was fit for office and could have been deputy PM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skookum said:

I sadly have very little faith in the British electorate now. Diane Abbott was overwhelmingly voted back in after a series of car crash interviews and public blunders. Even when she was placed on a kind of sick leave her constituents still felt she was fit for office and could have been deputy PM.

Hmm... How many British born people are left in Hackney? 

Come to that, how many British born people in London.... Less than 50% last time I heard. 

Which goes a long way explaining the referendum results in the Capital. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Hmm... How many British born people are left in Hackney? 

Come to that, how many British born people in London.... Less than 50% last time I heard. 

Which goes a long way explaining the referendum results in the Capital. 

London is mostly filled up with an international bourgeois class who are immigrants that we have poached due to their university education.

They make great employees in the banking and finance sector, the ones that actually pay tax instead of using Umbrella Companies are valuable to the economy, but many have no loyalties or allegiance to Britain because they arent British.

Therefore during the Brexit referendum most of them weren't voted to leave because of feelings of patriotism or nationalism. They voted with their wallets instead.

Edited by RabidMongoose

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

London is mostly filled up with an international bourgeois class who are immigrants that we have poached due to their university education.

They make great employees in the banking and finance sector, the ones that actually pay tax instead of using Umbrella Companies are valuable to the economy, but many have no loyalties or allegiance to Britain because they arent British.

Therefore during the Brexit referendum them weren't voted to leave because of feelings of patriotism or nationalism. They voted with their wallets instead.

The last time I drove to London, got lost looking for the road I needed, and decided to ask for directions and it took 4 attempts before I found someone who could actually speak english.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

The last time I drove to London, got lost looking for the road I needed, and decided to ask for directions and it took 4 attempts before I found someone who could actually speak english.

I drive round London almost daily as a taxi driver. Its now unusual for a taxi driver to speak more than pigeon English. Many clients tell me they have ended up miles from their destination due to communication issues. TFL have finally introduced basic English tests as part of the licensing process. Of course people are terrified of complaining in case they are accused of racism. The ones who do speak up are generally older so are automatically branded Gammon and Brexiters that should be dead by now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skookum said:

I drive round London almost daily as a taxi driver. Its now unusual for a taxi driver to speak more than pigeon English. Many clients tell me they have ended up miles from their destination due to communication issues. TFL have finally introduced basic English tests as part of the licensing process. Of course people are terrified of complaining in case they are accused of racism. The ones who do speak up are generally older so are automatically branded Gammon and Brexiters that should be dead by now. 

My daughter is a teacher. She now teaches abroad, but for a while taught in this country in an 'ethnically diverse' city. She was given instruction to be on the look out for young girls that might be in danger of the practice of fgm (female genital mutilation). But was also told that if she were to be accused of racism by a parent because of her suspicions, she was 'on her own' and would likely be dismissed. The result being that no teacher in her school ever reported anything for fear of the sack, even though they pretty much knew it was happening and could identify the girls it was happening to.

It seems these days for the sake of 'diversity' we have to bite our tongues, even when children are being mutilated. That's progerss I suppose.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

9 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

My daughter is a teacher. She now teaches abroad, but for a while taught in this country in an 'ethnically diverse' city. She was given instruction to be on the look out for young girls that might be in danger of the practice of fgm (female genital mutilation). But was also told that if she were to be accused of racism by a parent because of her suspicions, she was 'on her own' and would likely be dismissed. The result being that no teacher in her school ever reported anything for fear of the sack, even though they pretty much knew it was happening and could identify the girls it was happening to.

It seems these days for the sake of 'diversity' we have to bite our tongues, even when children are being mutilated. That's progerss I suppose.

I think the UK has never been able to get the balance right between what is truly racism and what is just bad behaviour. My late mother worked for social services and when somebody walked in off the street the first question a social worker would ask her is what colour are they. Needless to say certain ethnic groups were seen immediately through fear of the racial card being played. I work in a trade where being white British is a minority. However my coworkers work extremely hard and are vital to the running of the service. Remainers accuse the Brexit vote of being a mainly racial motivated vote. I am sure it did play its part to an extent after decade's of failure trying to integrate people and have a fair society all round.

27 minutes ago, skookum said:

I think the UK has never been able to get the balance right between what is truly racism and what is just bad behaviour. My late mother worked for social services and when somebody walked in off the street the first question a social worker would ask her is what colour are they. Needless to say certain ethnic groups were seen immediately through fear of the racial card being played. I work in a trade where being white British is a minority. However my coworkers work extremely hard and are vital to the running of the service. Remainers accuse the Brexit vote of being a mainly racial motivated vote. I am sure it did play its part to an extent after decade's of failure trying to integrate people and have a fair society all round.

That's because the word 'racist' is now used regularly when people are simply losing an argument to try and claim the moral high ground. Its become meaningless through overuse.

Remainers have accused leavers of being racist purely on the basis that one of the reasons we want to leave the EU is to have more control over our borders and who can and can't be allowed to settle in the country. Now this is something that every country outside of the EU does for very obvious reasons. Are remainers saying that all those 180 countries are racist because they do this? And besides, the real reason we want restrictions on immigration has nothing whatsoever to do with skin colour (last time I looked most europeans were white anyway) the reason we want sensible restrictions is because this is a relatively small island country compared to say the land mass of france or germany, and we have finite resources, houses, schools, hospitals, roads etc. Is it any wonder that all these resources are now under presure and over burdened.

How many people are too many for the open borders remainers?

And I keep hearing the comment from remainers that leaving the EU will have a detrimental affect on the job prospects of our younger people.

Well last time I looked most of europes young people were heading in our direction for lack of jobs in their own countries.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2019 at 1:10 PM, stevewinn said:

It would result in Boris resigning and that would be that.

Can't wait for his resignation today! 

On 9/11/2019 at 12:37 PM, stevewinn said:

Best of three, don't know why you do this to yourself.

2-1 then. You lose. 

It'll now go to the supreme court and all found to be legal and correct.

Just going to leave this here for hilarity. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Setton said:

Supreme Court: Suspending Parliament was unlawful, judges rule 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49810261

Unlawful, Vile and Evil. I think that was about the gist of it. 

Mad Boris has but one hope now; that Acting President Pompeo hurries up and launches his strike on Iran, so Acting Prime Minister Johnson can join in and have his Churchill Moment as all Prime Ministers have to have. :yes: 

• Like 1

I tell you what it looks like to 17,400,000, the establishment, courts and parliament have contrived to stop Brexit, Boris should go along with it, ask for the extension, have the general election and all Brexiteers vote for the Brexit party, it will mean the end of Conservatism, Lib/Dems will take second place and labour third, what's left of the Conservative party (if they have any sense) will be to chuck their hand in with the Brexit party.

• Like 3