Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government to ask Queen to suspend Parliament

ExpandMyMind

13 minutes ago, Setton said:

Valid point. Distinction between unlawful and illegal. 

So just someone who knowingly acted unlawful to mislead the sovereign? 

Yep, that'll play well with the Conservative base :lol:

They moved it forward to tonight. Parliament sits at 11.30 tomorrow. 

You're behind the times again. 

Then I guess they'll get thrashed even more than usual in the votes. Everyone else is back tomorrow. 

Or they'll have to abandon their conference and go into an election unprepared. Labour have had a few days to rally their supporters. The Conservatives are completely off balance and effectively leaderless. 

Representing their constituents? Probably, yes. 

You mean when our democratically elected representatives will force our unelected prime minister to serve the interests of the people above his own? 

Yep, sounds good to me. 

No doubt this rogue parliament will continue to thwart brexit. 

15 minutes ago, Setton said:

And so you resort to insults. The act of a child caught lying to the grown ups. 

Get that extension and we'll see you at the ballot box. 

Game, ha, ha, ha.

corbyn3.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Lets no get carried away. we haven't reached the 31st Oct yet. we still have the ball and Possession is nine-tenths of the law.

Absolutely true. But the MPs have been told to return, the sovereignty of parliament over the government has been reinforced. They have been told debates under SO24 will be in order - whats to say you wont get one resulting in legislation ordering the revocation of Article 50, in the event that a deal hasn't been reached by 11.59pm on the 30/10/19.

If that were to happen, then Boris might actually look for a deal rather than his current 'Lets pretend' charade.

Edited by RAyMO

4 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Absolutely true. But the MPs have been told to return, the sovereignty of parliament over the government has been reinforced. They have been told debates under SO24 will be in order - whats to say you wont get one resulting in legislation ordering the revocation of Article 50, in the even that a deal hasn't been reached by 11.59pm on the 30/10/19

We have a rogue parliament one in which skullduggery is par of the course. Thwarting brexit for 3 years. They don't want to form a govt. But run parliament as if they were the Govt. 

Whatever happens the people will show their gratitude. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevewinn said:

They don't want to form a govt. But run parliament as if they were the Govt. 

That's the side effect of a minority government. A minority Tory government, that is stuck in government against its will, because of  the Fixed Term Act passed by a Tory government.

35 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

That's the side effect of a minority government. A minority Tory government, that is stuck in government against its will, because of  the Fixed Term Act passed by a Tory government.

Like I said. Opposition parties who don't want to Govern as a govt but run parliament as if it was the Govt. Because they don't want to face the people at the ballot box. So they'd rather keep Boris and the minority Govt in place. Unable to govern. Hands tied. And seeking yet again to get an extention to leaving the EU. Would that be 3months or 3 years. Who knows. Why are they on the TV stating they'd want an extension why not do what they wish and revoke article 50 altogether. And what better way call an election. Let the people show their gratitude. 

It's clear labour won't call a vote of no confidence as they don't want an election. Like wise other parties wouldn't support a corbyn Govt. As evident as we've just witnessed on the Andre Neil show. 

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

@stevewinnyou couldn't blame them for not supporting an interim government with Corbyn at the helm. I suspect that he is a liability to Labour even amongst Labour supporters. 

Just now, RAyMO said:

@stevewinnyou couldn't blame them for not supporting an interim government with Corbyn at the helm. I suspect that he is a liability to Labour even amongst Labour supporters. 

Bring the Govt down. General election. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Bring the Govt down. General election. 

Revolution comrade! 

Image result for the red flag

27 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

yes, let;'s have a nice little Blairite. 

Just in time for Pompeo's war on Iran. 

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:15 PM, stevewinn said:

imagine the irony.

I'll be voting Brexit party regardless. im in a safe Labour seat so my vote wont count. But others who live in minority seats will have a better chance.

No seats are safe anymore , the North East has always been a "Red" area , but when 87% of the voters decided to vote Leave and their M.P's voted (or most of them)  Remain , will they vote Labour again or go Brexit , as they will never vote Tory ,and the Lib-Dems don't count up there …...interesting . 

• Thanks 2

On 9/25/2019 at 10:30 PM, spud the mackem said:

No seats are safe anymore , the North East has always been a "Red" area , but when 87% of the voters decided to vote Leave and their M.P's voted (or most of them)  Remain , will they vote Labour again or go Brexit , as they will never vote Tory ,and the Lib-Dems don't count up there …...interesting . 

The only way of thwarting Brexit is to ensure these MPs stay in power, hence why a GE is being so aggressively blocked. Its only a matter of time. Remainers hopes now rest on the 31st coming and going without Brexit and the will collapses to continue. I am not sure that I would bet on that strategy and the general public are that weak.

9 hours ago, skookum said:

The only way of thwarting Brexit is to ensure these MPs stay in power, hence why a GE is being so aggressively blocked. Its only a matter of time. Remainers hopes now rest on the 31st coming and going without Brexit and the will collapses to continue. I am not sure that I would bet on that strategy and the general public are that weak.

I would say we are closer to leaving than ever before. the Remainers are rampant. its gone up a notch. what makes me laugh is MP's outcry about being called traitors and the threats of violence. Did they think the public wouldnt see through their actions. do they think they are immune from their actions. we've got MP's trying to overturn 17.4million votes. i mean c'mon 3 years for a vote to be implemented. no vote in out history as taken 3 years to implement, nor been overturned. we've had opposition MP's briefing against their own country. secret meets with the EU, no minutes taken, so while the UK govt is negotiating, theres those MP's plotting with the EU against the govt. and they think the public cant see through it.

now theres uproar on the BBC NEWs apparently because the language used, giving the impression its now parliament versus the people. - are they thick or slow or something. i said on here months ago the actions taken by MP's is going to and indeed turn Brexit into the people versus Parliament. All i can say is its a good job these MP's are not in the wrong century as most of them would have been tried for treason.

at the end of the day when you take away the peoples abilities and rights away from the ballot box what are the people left with? Violence. (lets all act shocked and outraged, we couldn't see that coming)

• Like 2

Agree 100% stevewinn.

The MPs have become so totally disconnected with the electorate they have been acting like they have nobody to answer too 

Then shock, horror the GE has popped up and they are doing everything they can to block facing the public. Total annihilation is almost guaranteed with maybe one or two dodging the bullet by a slim margin.

When this mess is over I think we will gradually be drip fed how bad things were.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if May threw the election to take away her majority. She was always a devoted remainer who would only but things in front of the house that didn't have a cat in hells chance of being approved. After she called the GE she disappeared from public view and policies that were known to be deeply unpopular with core Tory voters were announced.

The whole remain plan seems to be based on block everything and hope to God the people just give in. 

Backfired I would say and there backs against a wall. No doubt they will be running to the supreme court to avoid democracy afain shortly.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, skookum said:

Agree 100% stevewinn.

The MPs have become so totally disconnected with the electorate they have been acting like they have nobody to answer too 

Then shock, horror the GE has popped up and they are doing everything they can to block facing the public. Total annihilation is almost guaranteed with maybe one or two dodging the bullet by a slim margin.

When this mess is over I think we will gradually be drip fed how bad things were.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if May threw the election to take away her majority. She was always a devoted remainer who would only but things in front of the house that didn't have a cat in hells chance of being approved. After she called the GE she disappeared from public view and policies that were known to be deeply unpopular with core Tory voters were announced.

The whole remain plan seems to be based on block everything and hope to God the people just give in. 

Backfired I would say and there backs against a wall. No doubt they will be running to the supreme court to avoid democracy afain shortly.

Well, Theresa May look at her abject surrender with the Withdrawal agreement. which she, Olly Robbins et'al drew up with the EU. Not one mention of it referred to as a international treaty legally binding the UK to the EU to follow all institutions, and still making contributions and only able to leave with the EU's say so. and brought before the House 3 times. 

like before, during and after the Referendum its been the people versus the deep state. We had a suspicion that voting changed nothing. once in power they do whatever they choose. As they say "if voting changed anything they'd have abolish it"  and looking at this Parliament their on course to do just that.

• Like 1

Looks like Sturgeon is going to attempt a scorched Earth tactic.

Stick Corbyn in power in exchange for a 2nd Scottish referendum.

After he has destroyed the country the Scots would be crazy to vote to stay in the Union.

I just can't believe that the price of staying in the EU is worth having Corbyn as PM with Abbot as his sidekick.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, skookum said:

After he has destroyed the country the Scots would be crazy to vote to stay in the Union.

I just can't believe that the price of staying in the EU is worth having Corbyn as PM with Abbot as his sidekick.

And are they all going to sit as a puppet EU Govt until 2022? 

2 hours ago, skookum said:

Not a chance

Corbyn will be given 2 tasks

1. extend brexit dealine

2. call an election

he will be told any other actions will be voted down.

Are we as a country seriously going to accept Corbyn as Prime Minister!!!!! Wow just wow. 

It's clear we are leaving on the 31st Oct. And remainers in Parliament have gone beyond the pale. These actions are not going to end well. A coup is underway. 

Is it true that Boris wants Brexit legislated in the Queen's speech, so that anyone who opposes Brexit will be guilty of high treason?  ;)

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Is it true that Boris wants Brexit legislated in the Queen's speech, so that anyone who opposes Brexit will be guilty of high treason?

No as the speech as to be voted on by Parliament and a coup is underway. 

All the people I have talked to today not one of them agrees with the actions being taken by parliament. This mishmash rebel alliance to wrestle power away from the Govt is not going down well with public. And for the record this includes people who voted remain. 

This parliament is going to unleash forces they cannot control. May the Lord forgive them. 

uGFqlQF.gif

21 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Is it true that Boris wants Brexit legislated in the Queen's speech, so that anyone who opposes Brexit will be guilty of high treason?

where do you get you info from?

Total mis-information

Queen's speech are nearly always voted against by the opposition. The reason it normally passes is because the government usually has a majority.

11 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

All the people I have talked to today not one of them agrees with the actions being taken by parliament. This mishmash rebel alliance to wrestle power away from the Govt is not going down well with public. And for the record this includes people who voted remain. 

This parliament is going to unleash forces they cannot control. May the Lord forgive them. 

merely

anecdotal - just like everyone I spoke to believe Johnson should be behind bars.

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

where do you get you info from?

Total mis-information

Queen's speech are nearly always voted against by the opposition. The reason it normally passes is because the government usually has a majority.

It's called a joke.  e.g.  Is it true that Corbyn does not want to be PM because he's afraid he might meet Trump.

Information on the Queen's speech can be found here:

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/queen-speech

Edited by Aaron2016