Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government to ask Queen to suspend Parliament

ExpandMyMind

31 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

It's called a joke.  e.g.  Is it true that Corbyn does not want to be PM because he's afraid of dealing with Trump.

Ok then - where do you get your jokes from? ;)

7 hours ago, stevewinn said:

All the people I have talked to today not one of them agrees with the actions being taken by parliament. This mishmash rebel alliance to wrestle power away from the Govt is not going down well with public. And for the record this includes people who voted remain. 

This parliament is going to unleash forces they cannot control. May the Lord forgive them. 

uGFqlQF.gif

well ... Jolly good. :mellow: So as long as the system contrives it that you get the leader you want through the arcane processes of the Party, you're very happy with it, and the justification is that we don't choose who we want to be Prime Minister but we elect our local MPs, and whatever they might decide to do regarding who they choose as Leader is entirely up to them and we have no say in it, because the Sovereignty of Parliament (TM) is paramount. If Parliament tries to foil the megalomaniac ambitions of said Leader, because they fear that he may be slightly deranged, then now it's cause for revolution and We the People must get rid of this arcane and outdated institution that's unrepresentative of the desires of the People and dare to stand in the way of the will of the Leader. :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stevewinn said:

No as the speech as to be voted on by Parliament and a coup is underway. 

that didn't happen when the Divine Emperor seized power and tried to exert his God-given power to abolish Parliament, then? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

well ... Jolly good. :mellow: So as long as the system contrives it that you get the leader you want through the arcane processes of the Party, you're very happy with it, and the justification is that we don't choose who we want to be Prime Minister but we elect our local MPs, and whatever they might decide to do regarding who they choose as Leader is entirely up to them and we have no say in it, because the Sovereignty of Parliament (TM) is paramount. If Parliament tries to foil the megalomaniac ambitions of said Leader, because they fear that he may be slightly deranged, then now it's cause for revolution and We the People must get rid of this arcane and outdated institution that's unrepresentative of the desires of the People and dare to stand in the way of the will of the Leader. :mellow:

The position of Lord Chancellor as always been the leader of the largest party elected to office.

1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

that didn't happen when the Divine Emperor seized power and tried to exert his God-given power to abolish Parliament, then? 

Hang on, proroguing Parliament would have added just 3 extra days recess for Parliament.

These MP's where so desperate to get back into Parliament,  what have they achieved since then? Nothing is the answer, oh and by the way they had Friday off.

By the way the Divine emperor has new clothes.

I love the way the Gina Miller's court cases keep having the desired effect of unintended consequences. in her First case to stop Brexit - the unintended consequences made Referendum result legitimate. and her second court case of Boris by the Supreme Court, nice of them to make it clear the exact position of Parliament. Thanks to them Boris can legally ignore the calls for an extension. as the unintended consequences from the court case makes clear. No wonder remainers want to try and bring a vote of no confidence ASAP.

Lets have Corbyn installed as Emperor, the Empoeror has no clothes.

The worst poll rating of any opposition leader in History.

from the Times.

image.png.34c501ebabd2673894d63d4ec967dbc3.png

Keep singing the Red Flag comrade. 

43 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Hang on, proroguing Parliament would have added just 3 extra days recess for Parliament.

But recesses as you have seen can be voted down. so not just 3 days.

44 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

These MP's where so desperate to get back into Parliament,  what have they achieved since then? Nothing is the answer, oh and by the way they had Friday off.

And next week when they would have been prorogued - they might just might, put the new Emperor as you call him in power.

My Predictions:

Tereasa May was the shortest reigning PM in history.

Next week she will be surpassed by Boris.

A triumphant Corbyn will surpass Boris, I predict his decapitation by Labour rebel MPs will be the same day he comes to power lol.

23 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

My Predictions:

Tereasa May was the shortest reigning PM in history.

Straight in with another outright inaccurate statement, I see. 

You have at least heard of Google, right? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prime_ministers_of_the_United_Kingdom_by_length_of_tenure

2 hours ago, RAyMO said:

But recesses as you have seen can be voted down. so not just 3 days.

And next week when they would have been prorogued - they might just might, put the new Emperor as you call him in power.

The point was, they all wanted to rush back. what have they done since being back nothing, achieved nothing and had Friday off. still believe it was all about getting back in parliament. not political opportunism no siree.

And If Corbyn ends up Prime minister then god help this country.

the result wrath of the people will not only mean we Brexit but people like yourself will lose your politics.

Boris Looking very popular,

nice video, plenty of support.

4 hours ago, stevewinn said:

The position of Lord Chancellor as always been the leader of the largest party elected to office.

By the way the Divine emperor has new clothes.

I love the way the Gina Miller's court cases keep having the desired effect of unintended consequences. in her First case to stop Brexit - the unintended consequences made Referendum result legitimate. and her second court case of Boris by the Supreme Court, nice of them to make it clear the exact position of Parliament. Thanks to them Boris can legally ignore the calls for an extension. as the unintended consequences from the court case makes clear. No wonder remainers want to try and bring a vote of no confidence ASAP.

Lets have Corbyn installed as Emperor, the Empoeror has no clothes.

The worst poll rating of any opposition leader in History.

from the Times.

image.png.34c501ebabd2673894d63d4ec967dbc3.png

Keep singing the Red Flag comrade. 

how did that head off into a tirade about Jezza Corbyn, who I didn't even mention? :mellow: 

4 hours ago, Setton said:

Straight in with another outright inaccurate statement, I see. 

You have at least heard of Google, right? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prime_ministers_of_the_United_Kingdom_by_length_of_tenure

The difference between you and me is I can admit when I got something factually wrong.

Another win to me lol.

Edited by RabidMongoose

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

but people like yourself will lose your politics

lol - quite ironic - due to the nature of politics in the UK, people like me never have had any politics. There has never been and never will be a UK government which is reflective of how anybody where I live votes.

I cannot vote for or against a Labour Government, or a conservative government or a Liberal Dem government

13 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

lol - quite ironic - due to the nature of politics in the UK, people like me never have had any politics. There has never been and never will be a UK government which is reflective of how anybody where I live votes.

I cannot vote for or against a Labour Government, or a conservative government or a Liberal Dem government

I dont think technology is advanced enough yet to tailor the state to each individual person. While it could collect each persons views using the internet, while it could even tailor freedom to their individual psychology, we cannot tailor society itself to each person.

That would require some weird VR matrix existence. And of course, the more decentralisation the higher the state running costs.

Edited by RabidMongoose

12 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I dont think technology is advanced enough yet to tailor the state to each individual person. While it could collect each persons views using the internet, while it could even tailor freedom to their individual psychology, we cannot tailor society itself to each person.

That would require some weird VR matrix existence. And of course, the more decentralisation the higher the state running costs.

I was thinking of something a little simpler - maybe like the main parties putting up candidates in the area. You could argue that the DUP or the SDLP provide that mechanism however neither are able to attract voters to their politics over and above the sectarian lure or repulse.

3 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

how did that head off into a tirade about Jezza Corbyn, who I didn't even mention? :mellow: 

get your red flag waving, go on.

3 hours ago, RAyMO said:

people like yourself. people like yourself.

You're becoming more and more gnomic, Steve. You're becoming like Yoda with his pithy aphorisms (if that's the word). 

29 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

You're becoming more and more gnomic, Steve. You're becoming like Yoda with his pithy aphorisms (if that's the word). 

If you say so comrade. 

:rolleyes: Is this as much sense as we're going to get out of you until after breksit? 

Why has Britain forgotten the dream?

We were great 80 years ago and we are still a leading nation. It is not too late for us to become a global superpower once again. Why should we settle for second best? Why give up an integrate into the EU?

Lets live the dream again.

9 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

:rolleyes: Is this as much sense as we're going to get out of you until after breksit? 

Maybe comrade. Wave your red flag. 

5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

The difference between you and me is I can admit when I got something factually wrong.

Whenever you're ready... 

Another win to me lol.

Oof. And straight back with another one... 

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:25 PM, RAyMO said:

Not a chance

Corbyn will be given 2 tasks

1. extend brexit dealine

2. call an election

he will be told any other actions will be voted down.

And will the lying cheating terrorist supporter do what you say above , even God can't help this country if he ever gets into power , he voted Leave and then changed his mind , and he doesn't want an election as he will probably come in third , the can of worms is half open, and this moron doesn't know what to do next ,making him as much use as a maggot in an apple.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

And will the lying cheating terrorist supporter do what you say above , even God can't help this country if he ever gets into power , he voted Leave and then changed his mind , and he doesn't want an election as he will probably come in third , the can of worms is half open, and this moron doesn't know what to do next ,making him as much use as a maggot in an apple.

he'll certainly delay Brexit - anything more than that, the house can call a vote of no confidence in him. Whoever becomes interim PM if there is one will have zero room for maneuver

59 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

he'll certainly delay Brexit - anything more than that, the house can call a vote of no confidence in him. Whoever becomes interim PM if there is one will have zero room for maneuver

stupid boy.