Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government to ask Queen to suspend Parliament

ExpandMyMind

12 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

stupid boy.

I assume that is said in a "Captain Mainwaring" voice ? :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Why has Britain forgotten the dream?

We were great 80 years ago and we are still a leading nation. It is not too late for us to become a global superpower once again. Why should we settle for second best? Why give up an integrate into the EU?

Lets live the dream again.

Yeah you were great 80 years ago. Unfortunately finest hour bankrupted the UK. and superseded by an ungrateful U.S. and tyrannical USSR. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Yeah you were great 80 years ago. Unfortunately finest hour bankrupted the UK. and superseded by an ungrateful U.S. and tyrannical USSR. 

That was true 40-50 years ago. But then we had Margaret Thatcher, and we rebuilt. We are currently the 6th or 7th largest economy on the planet. 

Just now, RoofGardener said:

That was true 40-50 years ago. But then we had Margaret Thatcher, and we rebuilt. We are currently the 6th or 7th largest economy on the planet. 

The UK was in the EU when Maggie "rebuilt."

28 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

The UK was in the EU when Maggie "rebuilt."

Incorrect. Sit in the corner for the rest of the month with your nose pressed against the wall. 

The UK was in the Common Market. The EU did not exist in those happy days :) 

The UK's growth since the 1970's cannot in any way be uniquely ascribed to membership of the Common Market.

Denmark, Belgium, the Netherlands and Italy where all in the common market, and our economy has massively outperformed them. :) 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Incorrect. Sit in the corner for the rest of the month with your nose pressed against the wall. 

The UK was in the Common Market. The EU did not exist in those happy days :) 

The UK's growth since the 1970's cannot in any way be uniquely ascribed to membership of the Common Market.

Denmark, Belgium, the Netherlands and Italy where all in the common market, and our economy has massively outperformed them. :) 

:rofl:

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

We need to bring onboard Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

Get them each an aircraft carrier, get ourselves another 4, and off we go!

• Haha 1

MP Daniel Kawczynski could challenge Benn Act in courts.

Mr Kawczynski said he would be meeting top London barristers on Friday to talk about the possibility of challenging the law introduced last month by Labour MP Hilary Benn.

Ironically, he said, the Benn Act may actually fall foul of European law. "I am in discussions with an established London law firm and two senior barristers," he said.

Mr Kawczynski said he took the idea from Remain campaigners who had used the courts to further their cause.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/local-hubs/shrewsbury/2019/10/02/mp-could-challenge-brexit-law-in-courts/

Edited by L.A.T.1961
link
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2019 at 1:35 PM, stevewinn said:

The point was, they all wanted to rush back. what have they done since being back nothing, achieved nothing and had Friday off. still believe it was all about getting back in parliament. not political opportunism no siree.

And If Corbyn ends up Prime minister then god help this country.

the result wrath of the people will not only mean we Brexit but people like yourself will lose your politics.

I have never been so scared of living in this country as I am now.

I accept in our political process we appointment a Government and the leader can change as we don't elect leaders.

But to think that a party who lost miserably in the last election can scheme and take control installing their own leader is just incomprehensible.

All this because a miserable bunch of elitists can protect their personal assets astounds me.

You can be fooled if you want believing the 

We often bring up BBC bias towards Brexit. Tomorrow the BBC and Labour will bring out their big guns and put a stop to this Brexiter madness.

Diane Abbott will take the helm at Prime Minister's question time starting at 11.30 am. With her maths and convincing speeches on Brexit and why we should remain I expect article 50 to be revoked within 48 hours.

Looks like Boris is going to porogue Parliament again from Tuesday for the Queens speech on the 14th.Oct.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Looks like Boris is going to porogue Parliament again from Tuesday for the Queens speech on the 14th.Oct.

I doubt if there will be much opposition to poroguing this time. The fact a court case failed to slow Boris in Parliament or dent his popularity in the polls, and cast remainers in a less than favourable light with voters, will probably result in no meaningful action. ;)

• Like 1