Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DOJ Declines to Prosecute Comey

ExpandMyMind

Inspector general says Comey violated policy by leaking memos, but DOJ declines to prosecute

The Department of Justice will not prosecute former FBI director James Comey for leaking memos detailing his interactions with President Donald Trump.

According an Office of the Inspector General report released Thursday, Comey violated DOJ and FBI policies, as well as the FBI's employment agreement, by keeping copies of four of his memos in a personal safe and asking a law professor friend to make one memo public after Trump fired him in May 2017.

"The responsibility to protect sensitive law enforcement information falls in large part to the employees of the FBI who have access to it through their daily duties," Inspector General Michael Horowitz wrote in his report.

"Former Director Comey failed to live up to this responsibility," the report said. "By not safeguarding sensitive information obtained during the course of his FBI employment, and by using it to create public pressure for official action, Comey set a dangerous example for the over 35,000 current FBI employees — and the many thousands more former FBI employees — who similarly have access to or knowledge of non-public information."

--------------------------------

The inspector general "found no evidence that Comey or his attorneys released any of the classified information contained in any of the Memos to members of the media,"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/department-justice-declines-prosecute-comey-over-leaked-memos-n1047706

"I don’t need a public apology from those who defamed me, but a quick message with a 'sorry we lied about you' would be nice," - Comey

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

No collusion,  No obstruction.  Total exoneration.

You seem pretty sure Comey is "out of the woods" free and clear, eh?

Image result for comey woods

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

"I don’t need a public apology from those who defamed me, but a quick message with a 'sorry we lied about you' would be nice," - Comey

Comey's awkward little victory dance will prove to be short-lived.

Everyone who has been paying attention knows the fraudulent FISA spying debacle...of which Comey was a big part...is the scandal that will take down many big players.  Including Comey.

Prosecuting Comey right now for "lying and leaking" (for which the IG DID recommend prosecution) will only hinder the larger goal.  Let him dance...for now.

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

DOJ inspector general found all four Carter Page FISA warrants were illegally obtained

The Justice Department inspector general has determined all four Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrants against onetime Trump campaign aide Carter Page were illegally obtained, attorney Joe diGenova said this week.

The warrant applications were approved by a number of high-ranking officials, including former FBI Director James Comey, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, and former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/doj-inspector-general-found-all-four-carter-page-fisa-warrants-were-illegally-obtained-joe-digenova-says

This is what is known as "bigger fish" to fry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

DOJ inspector general found all four Carter Page FISA warrants were illegally obtained

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/doj-inspector-general-found-all-four-carter-page-fisa-warrants-were-illegally-obtained-joe-digenova-says

This is what is known as "bigger fish" to fry.

Joseph diGenova (born February 22, 1945) is an American lawyer, political commentator, and conspiracy theorist who served as the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia from 1983 to 1988.[1][2] He is known for promoting conspiracy theories about the Department of Justice and the FBI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_diGenova

Might be true, but I think I'll hold out for a better source.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

You seem pretty sure Comey is "out of the woods" free and clear, eh?

Brilliant.  It works. LOL.  Gotta give full credit to the President on this one.  Just throw something out even if its crazy

and let people respond.

Cool picture.though.  Almost looks like Bigfoot.

But seriously, President Trump has a lot more worries than people in the rear view mirror. 

GDP growth of about 2% when 3-4% was the promise,   Possible recession looming, polls that are unfavorable,  all weigh more on his reelection than Comey. 

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Brilliant.  It works. LOL.  Gotta give full credit to the President on this one.  Just throw something out even if its crazy

and let people respond.

Cool picture.though.  Almost looks like Bigfoot.

But seriously, President Trump has a lot more worries than people in the rear view mirror. 

GDP growth of about 2% when 3-4% was the promise,   Possible recession looming, polls that are unfavorable,  all weigh more on his reelection than Comey. 

Okaaay...I only asked whether you thought Comey is now in the clear.  But I guess you'd rather talk about how scared Trump should be.  No worries...I understand.

And, in a way, you're right...the next 12 to 18 months look to be pretty rocky.  Perhaps not for the reasons you think, but rocky, nevertheless.  Hang on, brother.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Okaaay...I only asked whether you thought Comey is now in the clear.  But I guess you'd rather talk about how scared Trump should be.  No worries...I understand.

And, in a way, you're right...the next 12 to 18 months look to be pretty rocky.  Perhaps not for the reasons you think, but rocky, nevertheless.  Hang on, brother.

Comey in the clear, well of course.  That train has left the station.  Trump worried? No; but he has more important things to talk to his voters about than has-beens.  Comey and Clinton and Obama are done deals.  

You can focus on the past, but the future just keeps on  coming. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Comey and Clinton and Obama are done deals.  

But... but... what about all the secret trials and secret prosecutions of those three?! Hilary is secretly on house arrest!

• Thanks 1

The Democrats are a little bit miffed about Comey though.  He came out and said that Hillary "mishandled" classified information right in the middle of the election arguably costing her the election-but he wasn't going to prosecute.  Now here comes this IG report saying that he mishandled classified information but the Justice Dept. won't prosecute.  The irony has me chuckling.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

No collusion,  No obstruction.  Total exoneration.

so true, Tat.  I trust Horowitz.  But Comey's still a complete weasel 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Everything is a secret plot, you stupid mongs. Sometimes you're just wrong.

like Russian collusion?  yup

36 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

like Russian collusion?  yup

Just ton of russian connections. Still doesn't mean there was collusion.

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

so true, Tat.  I trust Horowitz.  But Comey's still a complete weasel 

Well for sure he is self-righteous and arrogant.

16 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Comey in the clear, well of course.  That train has left the station. 

It appears "that train" has a few more scheduled stops:

The worst is still to come for Jim Comey

The Department of Justice Inspector General just fired the first of three cruise missiles trained on Mr. Comey with devastating impact. Comey’s reaction? “Feel free to apologize to me.” 

Rushing into victimland is a common strategy for the cornered. Another is staking out an imagined noble duty to a contrived higher authority — one that looks strikingly similar to the image he sees in the mirror each morning.

But here in the real world, this is what the IG’s investigation has confirmed: James Comey, as FBI director, created and maintained a separate record system that he kept in a desk drawer. He then also took most of those official records home. If that wasn’t enough recklessness, he leaked some of those records to the press after he was fired.

Next up will be the IG’s findings regarding Comey’s truthfulness before the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court and whether he attested to false or misleading statements in order to electronically monitor a presidential campaign.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/459379-the-worst-is-still-to-come-for-jim-comey?fbclid=IwAR0CAYwzZt6UkLptgCqWWN5pNpxJ2npcPShuOJfEJFpJrU4-vC6fE94VJ4w#.XWk2qyuBp1Q.facebook

45 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

It appears "that train" has a few more scheduled stops:

Maybe true hacktorp, but it is off the main line going down a branch.  Its a diversion.  Yep, he is a pompous, arrogant, lying so-and -so falling into victimhood.  The same description fits the President.  

No matter what happens to Comey now, it won't change a single vote.

17 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

You can focus on the past, but the future just keeps on  coming.

Indeed it does...like a freight train:

Judicial Watch Reveals Why Andrew McCabe Could Be In Massive Legal Trouble

McCabe isn't the only former FBI official who is in the hot seat. According to a recent bombshell report, fired FBI Director James Comey refused to hand over highly classified information relating to the Hillary Clinton email probe to investigators. Not only did he fail to hand this information over, but he also failed to even review it.

This bombshell report was revealed by John Solomon of The Hill who said that the evidence found on Hillary's server was so extremely classified that only a small group of people would be able to see it.

https://trendingpolitics.com/judicial-watch-reveals-why-andrew-mccabe-could-be-in-massive-legal-trouble/#.XWlMXSTrW1E.twitter

You can close your eyes and clench your fists and wish with all of your might that these losers are now somehow "has-beens" and "done deals", but it seems the wheels of justice will continue to slowly grind.  Exceedingly fine, I might add.

Speaking of "bigger fish", did someone say Obama?

Fish Fry

The old plantation spiritual comes to mind as the first in a series of DOJ Inspector General’s reports is issued - this one outlining the turpitudes of former FBI Director Jim Comey - while even more fateful inquiries by Barr and Durham grind away in silence and mystery, and one senses that sometime soon the whole hot mess of RussiaGate will land on the doormat of Barack Obama.

Many other (by now) well-known names have been implicated in this fiasco but Mr. Obama has stood aloft from them on a fluffy cloud of his own, enjoying his multimillion book deal, plenty of international travel, and shopping for real estate on Martha’s Vineyard, the elephants’ graveyard of the One Percenters. And yet, something wicked is creeping his way as investigators work up the food chain to discover why and how so many high government officials cooked up a scheme to get rid of the despised winner of the 2016 election.

President Obama, Liberalism’s great bowling trophy, its incarnate virtue signal, is going to get “the business” from the very justice department he sicced on his successor, only now under new management. If you think the Left has gone bat**** crazy since the Mueller report flopped, along with the supposed author’s Mr. Magoo-like performance before congress in July, just wait until Mr. Obama is called upon to do some official ‘splainin’ about who exactly authorized the operation to unseat Mr. Trump. I daresay the Left would rather blow up what remains of the Republic than see their retired champion in a witness chair, subjected to the peevings of mere mortal federal attorneys.

And yet, certain remorseless legal machinery has been set in motion now that could send a whole boardroom of former Obama administration higher-ups into disgrace, infamy, and possibly the federal slammer. Think: former CIA Director John Brennan in his future role as ping-pong round-robin manager at the Allenwood, PA, penitentiary; Loretta Lynch paring turnips at Camp Alderson, WV; James Clapper trying to catch a little tan in the ‘yard’ at Lompoc…. Somewhere along the line, someone is going to point a finger at Mr. Obama and those who were around him in the dear dead days of 2016.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/just-another-day-hysteria-gripped-media-land

Being a "has-been" and a "done deal" is merely a pipe dream of Barry's.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, aztek said:

of course they wont, top brass would not allow it, cuz they will be in his shoes several years in the future, 

Trump seems to be covering all his bases, just in case Barr isn't up to it.  We've already seen Horowitz is knee deep in the swamp.

https://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?p=latest-news&id=220AB4CB-B4CE-4CE1-9F50-5F0E6F20BD0D&s=6BO2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

You can close your eyes and clench your fists and wish with all of your might that these losers are now somehow "has-beens" and "done deals", but it seems the wheels of justice will continue to slowly grind.  Exceedingly fine, I might add.

OK, that is good.  let the chips fall where they may.  Punish the guilty.  They are still has-beens.  I am not closing my eyes, I am looking at what is coming for America, not a few scoff-laws. They do no affect government of society today, they will not change a single vote.  Pursue them for the rest of your life, I don't care, but the President needs to focus on what is coming and let your wheels grind fine.

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

OK, that is good.  let the chips fall where they may.  Punish the guilty.  They are still has-beens.  I am not closing my eyes, I am looking at what is coming for America, not a few scoff-laws. They do no affect government of society today, they will not change a single vote.  Pursue them for the rest of your life, I don't care, but the President needs to focus on what is coming and let your wheels grind fine.

"Has beens"?  You're minimizing something as fundamentally destructive to our nation as a TOP officer in the legal system falsifying information to take out a duly elected president?  REALLY?  This nation is nearly on the rocks and because these guys aren't currently sitting in a government office they're not worth worrying with so much?  Incredible.  Friend, when the trust in our legal system is destroyed, it's never coming back.  Lawlessness is a creeping disease in the body politic and it undermines everything about our nation.

• Like 1