Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's largest occult library heads online

UM-Bot

Wonder if they have any text which were once thought to be lost or we never knew existed which have now have been found.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Wonder if they have any text which were once thought to be lost or we never knew existed which have now have been found.

Here's the direct link.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Here's the direct link.

Thanks. Only wish they translated some of the text into English, as I see some of them are in other languages. 

I'm wondering if all 25,000 are available or not, because title says "A vast library of more than 25,000 occult texts has been scanned and published on the Internet for free." which implies that all 25,000 are already scanned and available. 

but then the text says "the library has been working to digitize the core collection and make it available for viewing online." 

Edited by It's Just An Opinion
Bug erased most of my text again.

Never mind It seems like they are. Very interesting either way, saving the link; it'll be fun to look through.

I think this is pretty cool.

I wonder if most are in the Vatican collection also.

I wonder what qualifies as an occult book?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

I think this is pretty cool.

I wonder if most are in the Vatican collection also.

I wonder what qualifies as an occult book?

The Bible must be one of them, the way it is discussed around here by some!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A vast library of more than 25,000 occult texts has been scanned and published on the Internet for free.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/330050/worlds-largest-occult-library-heads-online

That's a lot of books on the occult. Is the occult real enough, or curious enough to have interest that many people, so as to have warranted so many books written on the subject?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

That's a lot of books on the occult. Is the occult real enough, or curious enough to have interest that many people, so as to have warranted so many books written on the subject?

Why don't you take a good look at the amount of books written on Christianity since it's inception. Before Athanasius book burning fest there were probably 200 gospels and letters alone, which only 27 survived.

There is more out there than the NIV (New Inaccurate Version) Bible. 

• Like 3

What is considered conical for the Bible is sufficient for me. It's nice to have a look at the others out of curiosity, but I don't need them anymore, since I believe i have already understood the Kernel of it, in a "nutshell", regardless of versions. Absolute Justice for the Souls, was what I found at the "nut house" one very long day and night in my life.

And I have, from time to time read other Christian material, including the Gnostic gospels.

And I was already aware that there are lots and lots books on Christianity, past and present. Too many for anyone to read them all.

But thanks for the suggestions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

What is considered conical for the Bible is sufficient for me. It's nice to have a look at the others out of curiosity, but I don't need them anymore, since I believe i have already understood the Kernel of it, in a "nutshell", regardless of versions. Absolute Justice for the Souls, was what I found at the "nut house" one very long day and night in my life.

Canonical 

Conical is the shape of my grandson's head. :lol:

• Haha 3

On 8/30/2019 at 1:00 PM, Piney said:

Why don't you take a good look at the amount of books written on Christianity since it's inception. Before Athanasius book burning fest there were probably 200 gospels and letters alone, which only 27 survived.

There is more out there than the NIV (New Inaccurate Version) Bible. 

Yeah, knowing the "Roman Catholic" empire wanted to destroy those texts, you wonder what fascinating truths can be found, if any of them have survived, counter to the opinionations of the scholars.

On 8/31/2019 at 7:44 AM, Pettytalk said:

And I have, from time to time read other Christian material, including the Gnostic gospels.

And I was already aware that there are lots and lots books on Christianity, past and present. Too many for anyone to read them all.

But thanks for the suggestions.

Some books, are considered christian by scholars, however, their opinions are wrong, considering the first people to believe "Jesus" was the Messiah, were not christian.

Just now, VastLand said:

Yeah, knowing the "Roman Catholic" empire wanted to destroy those texts, you wonder what fascinating truths can be found, if any of them have survived, counter to the opinionations of the scholars.

The "Roman Catholic Church" didn't exist then and many of the Greco-Buddhist writings survived in China and Japan. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VastLand said:

Some books, are considered christian by scholars, however, their opinions are wrong, considering the first people to believe "Jesus" was the Messiah, were not christian.

It was just a sect of Judaism. Then Paul spread it to a Roman audience. 

1 minute ago, Piney said:

The "Roman Catholic Church" didn't exist then and many of the Greco-Buddhist writings survived in China and Japan. 

okay, maybe we are referring to different time periods? Yeah, after Constantine founded the Catholic fatih, the "Holy Roman Empire" burned many libraries. Especially around Syria.

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

It was just a sect of Judaism. Then Paul spread it to a Roman audience. 

Yeah, I get that, I am knowledgeable here, but honestly "Judaism" is an adultered version of a tribal faith of Yahudah, the tribe. So I would say, the Ebiunai, and Nazerai, were following an older understanding of the values of judaism.

Because before "Judaism", which was influenced by Rome, and Babylon, and Persia, they were connected to earth and sky, using an alter fire fore dance, they believed in chakra, and they observed all of nature to understand divine.

Edited by VastLand

20 minutes ago, VastLand said:

okay, maybe we are referring to different time periods? Yeah, after Constantine founded the Catholic fatih, the "Holy Roman Empire" burned many libraries. Especially around Syria.

Constantine founded nothing. He worshiped the Zoroastrian sun god Mithra. He just consolidated all the religious holy days and many of the doctrine to keep the various religions from fighting. He wasn't even baptized until he was on his death bed.

The "Catholic Church" wasn't founded until after he died and there was a Arian and Orthodox Church after the Catholic Church was founded. 

Edited by Piney
  • Like 2

Just now, VastLand said:

Yeah, I get that, I am knowledgeable here, but honestly "Judaism" is an adultered version of a tribal faith of Yahudah, the tribe. So I would say, the Ebiunai, and Nazerai, were following an older understanding of the values of judaism.

Where are you getting this complete garbage and who taught you these fake Hebrew terms? 

• Like 1

Just now, Piney said:

Where are you getting this complete garbage and who taught you these fake Hebrew terms? 

The romans of the time, called them Ebiuni, and in Yahudit, not hebrew, this meant, "Poor people".

8 minutes ago, VastLand said:

The romans of the time, called them Ebiuni, and in Yahudit, not hebrew, this meant, "Poor people".

Academic source please? 

Because during the Roman occupation they were known as "Hebraios". 

• Like 1

The garbage is bad attitudes, no one needs to act that way. Unnecessary for communication, if people would just listen, they would find real information on this stuff.

"Judaism" is an adultered religion, where "Jews" do not say the name, because Babylon forbid it, in the Babylonian exile.

The pharisees were actually "Yahudim" by majority, and not "Levi'im", and so they were fake priests, because they did not practice the true way of the priests, but they were puppet figures in a political game, lead by Rome. The Essenes, or in Yahudit, the "Esenim", were actually levites, descendants of Zadok, who retracted from the Pharisees, to be a voice to call out from the wilderness. The Pharisees came from the Maccabeas, found in the apocrypha. If you have ever taken the time to read the dead sea scrolls, they are a library of texts, found in Qumran caves, near the region, where archaeologists discovered the possible remains of the Essene monastery, and there are texts, such as the works of Josephus, that attest the Essenes in that region. The texts tell you all about the sons of light, the sons of Zadok, who retreated from the temple, to cry out from the wilderness... The essenes, they say, considered the Pharisees as fake preists.

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

Constantine founded nothing. He worshiped the Zoroastrian sun god Mithra. He just consolidated all the religious holy days and many of the doctrine to keep the various religions from fighting. He wasn't even baptized until he was on his death bed.

The "Catholic Church" was founded until after he died and there was a Arian and Orthodox Church after the Catholic Church was founded. 

He lead, the council of Nicea, he was orchestrating talks, that all the christianos factions could accept a common doctrine, so they would not divide his empire. He helped found it all.