Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to get rid from the tibetan tulpa/spirit?

Enillium

I would like advice on a not very standard situation that happened in my life.

The fact is that several years ago I became interested in the practice of tulpa. I read that this is a Tibetan practice of creating sustained auditory hallucinations, through certain mental techniques, and I have seen many guides for creating something like this. Now it has become quite a popular topic on online forums. For this, it was not necessary to have any special mental abilities. And the prospect of having a kind companion looked very tempting. And I decided to try.

Over time, I began to hear voices, but they were very negative, I spent a lot of time trying to make friends or come to terms with them, as local guides advised, but all my attempts were in vain.

They completely hate me and were malicious from the start. And they constantly say all sorts of nastiness and nonsense like "we will control your body" and etc. If they could get rid of me, they would immediately do it.

And they really prevent me from living a normal life. I know that I have the exact intention to get rid of them. But I don’t know if I have enough strength to do this on my own. I cannot even imagine how. The tulpa creation guides do not specify what to do if the situation becomes very bad. Rather, they did not anticipate this option at all. Tulpa will always be your friend, they said. It probably sounds silly now, but then I was completely sure that nothing like that would happen to me. And now I feel caught in a canonical devilish trap. On the Internet, I was advised to just ignore the voices, but it seems to me that this is a basic thing that you can do and no more. I do not know who could help me in this situation.

There are special techniques to invoke possession by the tulpa described on tulpamancy related sites. According to the description of those who experienced this, it very much resembles the usual spiritual possession. Unfortunately, I notice some symptoms of such activity that bother me a little. My body periodically makes involuntary movements despite the fact that I did not give the order to move one or another limb. It’s very much like my tulpas are trying to gain control of my body by force.

I visited the doctor, and he said that he could not help because he did not see signs of illness. More and more makes me believe that this is the result of unsuccessful practice, to which I was not ready and my own mistakes.

Could you give me advice on what to do with this? Should I look for ways to fight and get rid of it? Or do something else?

(Please tell me if you know any sites or resources where I could write with such a problem. I really don't know where to get help.)

• Haha 2

If all else fails, deconstruct the tulips/thoughtform repeatedly. If you suffer no mental illness then you've created a negative thought pattern in your mind. Either rewrite it or destroy the mental construct (tulips/thoughtform) it is attached to.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Enillium said:

Could you give me advice on what to do with this? Should I look for ways to fight and get rid of it? Or do something else?

Nothing in the supernatural world can hurt you unless you let it.

Banish it using your own technique. It's about the "focus" and "power of intention". Not the tools. But you have to truly believe your more powerful. 

• Like 9

Just now, Piney said:

Nothing in the supernatural world can hurt you unless you let it.

Banish it using your own technique. It's about the "focus" and "power of intention". Not the tools. But you have to truly believe your more powerful. 

When you really get down to it, a tulpa like any other thoughtform is just a habit of thought.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kill it the same way you would anything else.  Since it's common that they eventually try to kill their creators I suggest you do it soon.

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Kill it the same way you would anything else.  

High explosives and napalm?

Honk Honk.

• Like 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

High explosives and napalm?

Honk Honk.

Nuke !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

If all else fails, deconstruct the tulips/thoughtform repeatedly. If you suffer no mental illness then you've created a negative thought pattern in your mind. Either rewrite it or destroy the mental construct (tulips/thoughtform) it is attached to.

Easier said than done. I’m pretty new in this. Without the appropriate knowledge, it is easy to make mistakes, or make the situation worse, especially when you do not have the relevant experience in the destruction of “sentient thoughtforms”. You know, just imagine how you dramatically stick a knife into the created thoughtform, and instead of falling dead, it laughs and says that it will not help. Seriously, attempts on my part to somehow harm the voices failed. I cannot “see” that my actions really do “harm” to them. So how do I know that I’m on the right way? (Howewer, it probably works differently than what I described here.)

1 minute ago, Enillium said:

Easier said than done. I’m pretty new in this. Without the appropriate knowledge, it is easy to make mistakes, or make the situation worse, especially when you do not have the relevant experience in the destruction of “sentient thoughtforms”. You know, just imagine how you dramatically stick a knife into the created thoughtform, and instead of falling dead, it laughs and says that it will not help. Seriously, attempts on my part to somehow harm the voices failed. I cannot “see” that my actions really do “harm” to them. So how do I know that I’m on the right way? (Howewer, it probably works differently than what I described here.)

I said deconstruct. That's the problem with tulpamancers they should've studied servitor creation first and none of the problems would occur. 

So deconstruct it, imagine it dissolving. Invest twice the amount of time and mental effort into this process. You made it, so unmake it. 

When this thoughtform no longer affects you, then you're on the right track.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I said deconstruct. That's the problem with tulpamancers they should've studied servitor creation first and none of the problems would occur. 

So deconstruct it, imagine it dissolving. Invest twice the amount of time and mental effort into this process. You made it, so unmake it. 

When this thoughtform no longer affects you, then you're on the right track.

Well, that means it will take a lot of time. Some people said that tulpas feed on your attention. Any action that you do with your tulpa gives it energy. Will the constant imaging of the tulpa and its dissolve be some kind of energetic boost for it?

13 minutes ago, Enillium said:

Well, that means it will take a lot of time. Some people said that tulpas feed on your attention. Any action that you do with your tulpa gives it energy. Will the constant imaging of the tulpa and its dissolve be some kind of energetic boost for it?

Nope, just your negative energy and fear does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Enillium said:

Nope. With the dissolving of it (visualized) remember the meaning behind the imagery. Focus on what that means to you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Super super simple to get rid of; just stop pretending 

Strangely, I find myself agreeing with you again.  ....  We really should stop doing this you know :lol:

edit: To the OP, in all seriousness, for me it's mind over matter.  I refuse to let negative thoughts in and force myself to be positive, no matter what I'm facing.  That, and I have an incredibly dry sense of humour gets me by.   You just have to find a way that works for you.  Let us know how you go  ;) 

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Enillium said:

(Please tell me if you know any sites or resources where I could write with such a problem. I really don't know where to get help.)

In the 1920s, Franco-Belgian researcher Alexandra David-Neel travels to Tibet and describes his experience in the book “Magic and Mystery in Tibet”, 1929.She learns the materialization of visions from yogis. As a result of several months of meditation, Alexandra calls the tulpa itself: a good-natured lama appeared in front of her. During his further stay in the mountains, he appeared and disappeared. Soon the llama became restless and impudent, so Alexandra could no longer control it. She decided to destroy her tulpa, which turned out to be difficult. Then she turned to her old friend, Mirra Alfassa, known under the pseudonym "Mother", who advised her to "absorb" her creation, and not break off the connection, since it is useless. " It took David-Neel about six months to return  tulpa to the imaginary world.

In modern psychiatry, it is believed that the use of such psychotechnics can lead to serious mental disorders.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A2%D1%83%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BF%D0%B0
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Coil said:

In the 1920s, Franco-Belgian researcher Alexandra David-Neel travels to Tibet and describes his experience in the book “Magic and Mystery in Tibet”, 1929.She learns the materialization of visions from yogis. As a result of several months of meditation, Alexandra calls the tulpa itself: a good-natured lama appeared in front of her. During his further stay in the mountains, he appeared and disappeared. Soon the llama became restless and impudent, so Alexandra could no longer control it. She decided to destroy her tulpa, which turned out to be difficult. Then she turned to her old friend, Mirra Alfassa, known under the pseudonym "Mother", who advised her to "absorb" her creation, and not break off the connection, since it is useless. " It took David-Neel about six months to return  tulpa to the imaginary world.

In modern psychiatry, it is believed that the use of such psychotechnics can lead to serious mental disorders.

Yes, that famous passage dedicated to the first tulpamancy experience. However, Neel did not leave in any of her books a detailed description of the method of this "absorption"

Does the last line mean that you can easily create a tulpa, but in order to destroy it you need to use high-level practices that can be dangerous for you? This puts all people with malicious tulpas in a bad, if not hopeless, position.

18 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Nope. With the dissolving of it (visualized) remember the meaning behind the imagery. Focus on what that means to you. 

Is it possible to destroy any thought form that you created? That is, can the thought form be strong enough (stronger than you?) to prevent its death or respond with counter aggression?

13 hours ago, pixiii said:

Strangely, I find myself agreeing with you again.  ....  We really should stop doing this you know :lol:

edit: To the OP, in all seriousness, for me it's mind over matter.  I refuse to let negative thoughts in and force myself to be positive, no matter what I'm facing.  That, and I have an incredibly dry sense of humour gets me by.   You just have to find a way that works for you.  Let us know how you go  ;) 

I agree, a positive train of thought is a very good help to counter such a problem. Voices always tried to drive me into depression and in every possible way worsen my emotional state. You can force yourself to always be in a good mood, but you cannot force yourself to not hear them. And this makes it difficult to enjoy many things in life, I don’t remember when I last heard silence.

45 minutes ago, Enillium said:

Is it possible to destroy any thought form that you created? Yes

That is, can the thought form be strong enough (stronger than you?) to prevent its death or respond with counter aggression?

No. Some times these thought-forms are just aspects of ourselves. If dissolving it doesn't work. Then focus on the underlining issue that's anchored to it. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Enillium said:

Is it possible to destroy any thought form that you created? That is, can the thought form be strong enough (stronger than you?) to prevent its death or respond with counter aggression?

What one can do is negate the negative thought process by overriding it with positive thoughts.

Edited by joc

13 hours ago, joc said:

What one can do is negate the negative thought process by overriding it with positive thoughts.

Maybe. I heard that some tulpamancers override their tulpas in this way, thereby turning them from evil one to good one. But it seems unreal to me.

2 hours ago, Enillium said:

Maybe. I heard that some tulpamancers override their tulpas in this way, thereby turning them from evil one to good one. But it seems unreal to me.

Think of your brain as a huge filing center.  Every thought is catagorized.  So...you have a Positive Thought file...and  a Negative Thought file.  The way to overcome the negative is to evaluate your own thinking process.  Most people use words that end in apostrophe T frequently.  You have to remove all these words from your thoughts and speech.  A good example is every time you say something like...I don't want to go to work today!  Reverse it and say...I do want to go to work today.  

You wrestle with yourself and are just not well equipped to know what you are doing is the issue here. Do some reading on Carl Jung's shadow work and educate yourself in psychology somewhat and you will realize you are tampering with your own psyche by taking parts of it and using them in ways they were not intended to be used without more knowledge.

I am just saying in a different way what Xenofish and others are trying to tell you.

It is from inside you, you let it out, now deal with it one way or another. You keep saying "maybe" or how it takes more than you can do, or takes too long. 

No maybe about it. You have a couple masters replying to you. It is your own head doing this to you, because you wanted it. It will take as long as it does, it is not a live, alien thing, it is a part of yourself. Like anything else about yourself, if you do not like it, change it. Learn this. Nobody else can do it for you. If you don't like it, then stay away from this stuff in future. You sound as if you feel someone owes you because you got access to an idea enough to play with it and did not get your hand held and told to be careful before messing with your own head and don't do this until you understood if you still have a lot of garbage inside yourself unresolved, then letting some out is likely to be garbage ….

You will silence these voices exactly and precisely the very moment you get sick of them and serious about shutting them up. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

You sound as if you feel someone owes you because you got access to an idea enough to play with it and did not get your hand held and told to be careful before messing with your own head and don't do this until you understood if you still have a lot of garbage inside yourself unresolved, then letting some out is likely to be garbage ….

The biggest issue I have with "Tulpamancy" is first the name and second is the complete lack of precautions. At least with servitor creation (chaos magick) you name it, give it a binding sigil, rules and a function. Sort of like adding the three rules of robotics into a thought-form and most important of all a death time. With this type of tulpa work, it's basically creating a subconscious psychological complex that will eventually embody all that is wrong with a person. 

• Like 2

As you well know, X Man, there is a lot of value in the Occult, and also a lot of trash and much of the road is learning discernment and what this bit or that is really FOR. One of the worst hazards is how many twits learn one bit and then turn it into The Great Thing. That is how I think of tulpamancy. I also learned early on that there are a thousand teachers, gurus and helpers, but if anything goes wrong, it is crickets chirping.

The only masters out there are the ones who learned how to become their own shrinks and medics :D 

That *IS* The Road and lesson plan lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

As you well know, X Man, there is a lot of value in the Occult, and also a lot of trash and much of the road is learning discernment and what this bit or that is really FOR. One of the worst hazards is how many twits learn one bit and then turn it into The Great Thing. That is how I think of tulpamancy. I also learned early on that there are a thousand teachers, gurus and helpers, but if anything goes wrong, it is crickets chirping.

The only masters out there are the ones who learned how to become their own shrinks and medics :D 

That *IS* The Road and lesson plan lol.

There is some good value from the occult with the right perspective. Typically it's that wish granting get anything you want attitude that never amounts to anything. That and the idea of developing super powers. If anything, the training that should be done will hopefully develop a calm and focused mind, self-control, and willpower. Including the ability to enact the will in real time (doing stuff). Plus the realization that thoughts can be extremely powerful (6 years of misery really taught me that). I'd say that roughly 99% of the people in the occult are just wishful thinkers. The 1% that know what they're doing are typically mocked by the majority. Sad really. 

As for the OP. They have to break that habit of thought one way or another. 

• Like 3