Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to keep US troops in Afghanistan

Eldorado

Just now, hacktorp said:

Many people feel that Trump hired Bolton in the first place order to keep an eye on him and his communications with the Neocons that have kept the US in endless wars in the ME and elsewhere.

Quantum Chess ! :lol:

Keep em coming !!!

• Like 2

On 9/5/2019 at 6:24 PM, aztek said:

and British empire created USA, and brought slavery too,  so it is all on YOU. you started the chain of events,

We didn't make your foreign policy. You made anew nation. It could be anything you chose. 

And you chose this. Truly a testament to the inherent flaws of humanity.

34 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Well, gee...that sounds believable.

by virtue of the fact that its Trump that is claiming otherwise, yes it is believable.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, odas said:

I think that was a very good move by Trump. At least and at last I can give him credit for something and applaud.

Yep...and a GREAT follow-up move by Trump will be to name Gen. Michael Flynn as Bolton's replacement.

Who wouldn't applaud having an ACTUAL patriot like Flynn as Nat. Sec. Adviser?

On 8/30/2019 at 3:01 PM, aztek said:

yea pretty sad, all those poppy fields we were guarding will be burned down by taliban, and there will be only fraction left just like before we invaded the country.  really sad.  and why did we go there in a first place? because 15+ saudis  commited 911?

We have been in Afghanistan since the 60's.  Us being there has nothing to do with 9-11; based on the opiate crisis I wonder if maybe we are there because of the poppies.  The British said hey we've been in Afghanistan for 30 years why not join us, you can help us with the poppies....   :P

59 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Yep...and a GREAT follow-up move by Trump will be to name Gen. Michael Flynn as Bolton's replacement.

Who wouldn't applaud having an ACTUAL patriot like Flynn as Nat. Sec. Adviser?

Man. I am just praising number 45 and number 2 puts me down.

No, seriously, I think Trump has a difficulty comunicating. Maybe he is on to something here when I try to think a bit clearer. Or is it just that Bolton got too poweful?. Will see. 

I heard the Taliban invited Rand Paul to Qatar to discuss peace talks. I remember him saying in 2016 debate the public should differentiate between ISIS and the Taliban. The Taliban is saying just dont come here and we won't attack you. I'm honestly not very knowledgeable about situation (or all of Rand Paul's opinions) but sounds good to me..perhaps we shouldn't be there.

13 hours ago, aztek said:

so if we want to end the war we need to come to some kinda agreement,

Yeah.. surrendering to Islamic fundies isn't going to put us in a better position now or in the future.  Unless it's to be followed by the whole country being told to repeat the Shahada.  Perhaps Afghanistan has never been defeated because the world never had the willingness to reduce it to nuclear debris?

33 minutes ago, and then said:

Perhaps Afghanistan has never been defeated because the world never had the willingness to reduce it to nuclear debris?

yes that might be considered defeat, on the other hand few are likely to give the any kudos to the US in such a victory.

Off course you'll think vicitory is victory - who cares, but in reality the US and Trump despite is protestations and most western countries crave soft power and kudos.

5 hours ago, and then said:

Perhaps Afghanistan has never been defeated because the world never had the willingness to reduce it to nuclear debris?

Luckily, Trump fired the guy that would propose the idea without knowing if it would even work.   My big beef with Bolton is that he is the exact type of warmonger that got us into this 18 year mess in the first place with no clue on how to win or leave.