Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

Physicists explain how to create a wormhole

zep73

Wonderful humor! Who said science was boring??

• Thanks 1

Piney
1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

Wonderful humor! Who said science was boring??

Somebody thinks a singularity is actually a "hole" and I didn't know they had polarity. :lol:

SmartAZ

Yawn. And I am unanimous in that!

zep73
On 8/31/2019 at 7:47 PM, Piney said:

Somebody thinks a singularity is actually a "hole" and I didn't know they had polarity. :lol:

Well it acts like a omnidirectional vacuum cleaner, and the image model used to describe it is a hole, so...

They do actually, in theory, have polarity. The Dirac equation predicts that half of the matter in the universe is antimatter, so there should be antimatter black holes, who has the opposite polarity of normal black holes.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Thanks 1

Piney
Just now, sci-nerd said:

Well it acts like a omnidirectional vacuum cleaner, and the image model used to describe it is a hole, so...

They do actually, in theory, have polarity. The Dirac equation predicts that half of the matter in the universe is antimatter, so there should be antimatter black holes, who has to opposite polarity of normal black holes.

But I would think if you would try to connect the two, they would annihilate each other. 

zep73
1 minute ago, Piney said:

But I would think if you would try to connect the two, they would annihilate each other. 

Partly, sure. But to totally annihilate each other, they'd need to be perfect mirror versions of each other, and that is statistically very improbable.
But it sure would make one hell of a "bang" :D

• Thanks 1