Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I keep hearing my wifes voice

sw3006

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, this is the first time I've done this.  There are some strange things going on in our house.  

The most common is I keep hearing my wife talking and calling my name.  She is alive and well.  I heard her call my name again tonight.  So I  thought I would try this and see what happens.  It's not just me hearing this.  There is another person that have heard the same thing, but in another room.  Every time we hear this we go check and there is no way she could have done this.  There are times she is not at home.  The other morning  I heard her talking, I checked and she was sound asleep and there is no way she could have done this.  I am relieved someone else has heard this so I'm not totally nuts.

The second strangest thing is someone knocking on the door.  I have a rather large dog and he hears it too.  He has a bark when someone closes their vehicle door.  He has a more serious bark when someone knocks on the door.  We live in the country in mostly farm land in Ohio.  We are pretty close to the start of the Stillwater Valley that runs south west into Indiana.  I have went to the door and no one is there.  This happens day and night, no pattern at all.  I might think I'm nuts if it was just me hearing this.  There are a number of other things that happens but these are the most common

One other thing that happened is one night I'm sound asleep in my recliner in the middle of the night something hard hit me in the mouth.  I jumped up looked around and nothing or no one to be seen.  I couldn't find any object that could have done it let alone anyone other than me and the dog.  I ended up losing a tooth from this strange thing.  I may lose another tooth from this thing.

If there is anyone that can offer  any answers I'd welcome them.

• Like 2

Just know that you are more powerful than anything in the supernatural realm. So stay calm. 

Are you religious and do you have a spiritual belief? 

• Like 5

@sw3006

If someone else heard it too I would stop with the old cliché 'I am going crazy' thinking.

One thought is your wife is one that can be active through her astral body or her doppelganger (some strong real cases or out there and even on this forum).

Actually I had the same type of problem with my ex-wife's voice saying the meanest and vilest things about me. However,  I soon determined she was always physically present when it happened!!

Edited by papageorge1

Do you both hear it at the same time?

The time you checked on her and she was asleep, she could have been talking in her sleep. I do it often and so do my kids. My father-in-law has recently started doing this too, really loudly. 

As far as your tooth, did it fall out? Break off? Did you go to the dentist? Do you have a history of teeth grinding or clenching? If you do you could have been doing this and had pain which was the incorporated into a dream of being hit in the mouth, does that make sense? 

Not sure about the door, have you ever thought about getting a camera? 

I have had this happen to me a few times. I live in an apartment with my family. We all have had occurrences where we heard one of the others talking, then when we go to check the person didn't say anything or wasn't home when it happened. It's not all the time but when it happens, it's quite creepy. I have no idea what the cause would be.

5 hours ago, horrorgirl81 said:

I have had this happen to me a few times. I live in an apartment with my family. We all have had occurrences where we heard one of the others talking, then when we go to check the person didn't say anything or wasn't home when it happened. It's not all the time but when it happens, it's quite creepy. I have no idea what the cause would be.

It happens to you too, eh. My first thought is a phenomena akin to the doppelganger phenomena.  In these cases a psychic double of the person is seen by others and they can be quite physical. You may be experiencing a doppelganger that is not visible but can talk.

You can do internet research on doppelgangers. 

Again, this is only my first thought.

• Like 1

@sw3006

Wow, sorry about your tooth getting knocked out, but I wonder if in that instance you were flailing your arm around in your sleep and accidentally whacked yourself in the mouth? I've done similar things. But regarding the voices - voices witnessed by another person and mysterious knocks at the door - yes, very interesting. I've read many cases like that with even more bizarre phenomena attached. You live in the country, yes, keep an eye out for UFO's - there might be a relation there to the other strange happenings.  

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/1/2019 at 6:06 AM, sw3006 said:

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, this is the first time I've done this.  There are some strange things going on in our house.  

The most common is I keep hearing my wife talking and calling my name.  She is alive and well.  I heard her call my name again tonight.  So I  thought I would try this and see what happens.  It's not just me hearing this.  There is another person that have heard the same thing, but in another room.  Every time we hear this we go check and there is no way she could have done this.  There are times she is not at home.  The other morning  I heard her talking, I checked and she was sound asleep and there is no way she could have done this.  I am relieved someone else has heard this so I'm not totally nuts.

The second strangest thing is someone knocking on the door.  I have a rather large dog and he hears it too.  He has a bark when someone closes their vehicle door.  He has a more serious bark when someone knocks on the door.  We live in the country in mostly farm land in Ohio.  We are pretty close to the start of the Stillwater Valley that runs south west into Indiana.  I have went to the door and no one is there.  This happens day and night, no pattern at all.  I might think I'm nuts if it was just me hearing this.  There are a number of other things that happens but these are the most common

One other thing that happened is one night I'm sound asleep in my recliner in the middle of the night something hard hit me in the mouth.  I jumped up looked around and nothing or no one to be seen.  I couldn't find any object that could have done it let alone anyone other than me and the dog.  I ended up losing a tooth from this strange thing.  I may lose another tooth from this thing.

If there is anyone that can offer  any answers I'd welcome them.

I too have heard the voice of a living person who at the time of the incident was 5 miles away: I was 30 years old at the time, living in a one bed apartment, even though I was living alone I was never lonely, in fact I still prefer living alone. Anyhow one evening during the winter of 2005, whilst I was seated in my armchair in a reflective mood, I heard my younger brother’s voice loud and crystal-clear, the voice called out my name, upon hearing this voice it sent a chill up my spine and the hair on the back of my neck stood on end. At that moment in time I was the only person in my apartment. The ‘voice’ I heard wasn’t even in the slightest bit different from my brother’s voice. There is absolutely no rational explanation for it. I’m not a Schizophrenic, nor have I ever suffered form Psychosis, I don’t take illegal drugs either. I would also like to state that I wasn’t even thinking of my brother when I heard that voice 

Edited by FART-EXTERMINATOR
Typed wrong year.
  • Like 1

Many years ago when my boyfriend was in the Air Force, he was given leave to drive from San Antonio, Tx to his home in W. Virginia.   He said on the way he pulled off the highway to rest when he clearly heard me call his name.   He told me the time that happened and asked if I was thinking of him at that time and I said yes.   I think it's a pretty common phenomenon, as our communication at times can go beyond the physical realm.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 1

While I'm not saying anything against your experiences, I would suggest you first get an examination by a doctor. This is something I would have done before entertaining anything lower on the list of Occam's Razor. Even if someone else says they heard what you hear, it could be you projecting onto them. Hearing voices, especially voices you know is not completely uncommon, but it can be a sign of something more complicated with mental/emotional health.

Regarding being hit in the mouth, you said your dog was in the room, which you say is "rather large". Could it be large enough to knock out a tooth? Dog jumps up to lick your face or just be near you and whacks into your mouth by accident. You wake up and the dog is already back on the floor by then. I may not have a specific answer for the rest (although I have some ideas), but I'll bet dollars to donuts that your dog hit you in the mouth.

I often hear what sounds like knocking on my wall. Could happen anytime. It was loud and just like someone on the outside was knocking on a door. Took me 3 months, but I finally traced it to my neighbor. Yeah, him making noise sounded just like it was happening on my wall. Once I figured it out, I checked on two occasions to confirm. Upon hearing it, I immediately went to the window that is near my neighbors garage and each time, there he was, working on some project. Suffice it to say, my last hearing test came back normal.

9 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Many years ago when my boyfriend was in the Air Force, he was given leave to drive from San Antonio, Tx to his home in W. Virginia.   He said on the way he pulled off the highway to rest when he clearly heard me call his name.   He told me the time that happened and asked if I was thinking of him at that time and I said yes.   I think it's a pretty common phenomenon, as our communication at times can go beyond the physical realm.

Hello DustyRose. Thank you for sharing your boy-friend’s similar experience to mine. 

While my nationality is British, my ethnicity is Indian; amongst Indians there is a widely held belief that if one sneezes twice consecutively it means that someone is thinking of you. I have had many such experiences. 

• Like 1