Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Students made to wear boxes during an exam

UM-Bot

There are other ways to keep students from cheating.  When I was in 7th grade I was surrounded by some lazy boys in my math class and it was very easy to see that they were copying my work so when we had our first test I answered all the questions incorrectly, All 4 boys jumped up and handed in the tests, smirking while I pretended to check my work erasing the wrong answers and putting the correct answers.  They never cheated off my paper again and the teacher acknowledged to me that  she knew what they were doing. 

• Like 3

When my mom went to school in the 70's they did this in her type writing class. They made them wear paper bags with the eyes cut out to keep them from looking at the keyboard during tests. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

When my mom went to school in the 70's they did this in her type writing class. They made them wear paper bags with the eyes cut out to keep them from looking at the keyboard during tests. 

When I took typing in the 70's my teacher didn't care if we looked at the keyboard. She was all about the speed and how many words we could type in a minute without errors. I got to where I could always do the high 80's and 90's with one error. Can't do a lot of looking at that rate.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

My teacher had a 50-calibre belt fed machine gun mounted at the front of the class to deter cheating. It was harsh, but effective ! 

• Haha 3

As a testing proctor in a previous job, I had college students come out and say I'm lying when they were blatantly cheating and I would see them physically looking at another student's screen so I'm not at all opposed to this idea of boxes.

• Like 1

This gives a whole new meaning to, Box Your Ears. The older generation might know what I'm talking about.

• Haha 1

Violation of their human rights? People are way too sensitive. I had a few crazy teachers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I believe this is one of those thinking out of the box kinda test... 

~

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Violation of their human rights? People are way too sensitive. I had a few crazy teachers.

If i were one of those teens I would see it as funny.

Violation of their  human rights is just stupid. Their right to what - cheat? As this is why they were made to wear the boxes in the first place, because there had obviously been a problem with the children cheating. 

Part of their human rights does not include to cheat during an exam. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Violation of their  human rights is just stupid. Their right to what - cheat? As this is why they were made to wear the boxes in the first place, because there had obviously been a problem with the children cheating. 

You just said what I was thinking @freetoroam

I'll bet the kids had a hoot wearing boxes on their heads.  I know I would've thought it was hilarious!  :lol:

Maybe I'm just weird though. :P 

• Like 3

First Botox now bobox eh 

Edited by Impedancer
  • Haha 1

Gym teacher made us play dodgeball talk about violation of human rights. ;-)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Wish I could up-vote your comment a million times.  "I DEMAND my right to edukashun!  I DEMAND my right to pass exams!  I DEMAND my right to kwalifikashuns!  I DEMAND my right to a cool car an a penthouse in Mayfair.  An a maid an a showfur. 

Wot - I av to pay for them?  I DEMAND my right to lots ov money!"

Edited by Tom1200
  • Like 2