Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Led you to Belief.

Scholar4Truth

On 9/2/2019 at 10:49 PM, XenoFish said:

I would like to reclaim the most important faith. Faith in myself. That would be nice.

Same here. After a long hard road, if I believe in anything it's myself. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Yes, and so is my depression. Though not as severe.

I've heard it said that depression is unexpressed anger. 

1 minute ago, RoseDancer said:

I've heard it said that depression is unexpressed anger. 

For myself it was the realization of how very meaningless and ultimately futile my existence is. I am only born to die. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Quantum physics and the holographic universe theory.  People who have NDEs routinely describe their experience in language that sounds very similar to what Michael Talbot wrote about in his book The Holographic Universe.   First read this online essay called The Universe as a hologram and then read Mark Horton's NDE description and the parallels and corroboration between them is obvious.  This can't be coincidental. 

The Universe as a Hologram:  http://www.earthportals.com/hologram.html

and Mark Horton's NDE description:  https://angelicview.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/a-journey-out-of-our-universe-spheres-within-spheres/

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/2/2019 at 4:52 PM, Scholar4Truth said:

I am just curious to those on the forum who don't hold to a Materialistic/ Naturalistic Worldview, What led you to accept the ideas of Spirituality/Supernatural or at least opening the door to its possibility? 

Warning Long Response...

( I know this is an old forum but I thought I'd add my reply to the question anyway; I know other believers who are members have also been looking for an area out side of the skeptics views to discuss God, Jesus, and other spiritual / religious topics here on the site.) Anyway...

It is a good question, I think worth replying to and thanks for asking, even if it was 4 months ago.

Answer.... Life!

As a child we went to church occasionally but I wasn't forced to go.(Except for that time that I mentioned in another post, of the church where they speak in tongues, that didn't go so well.) 

So the option was there, if you wanted to go, you got in the car and if you didn't you stayed at the house. One of the benefits of dysfunction ; )

At a young age paranormal things started to occur around the age of 4 or 5, is when I actually remember one of my first encounters. Never knowing what it was, I just knew it was out of the ordinary and that it scared the heck out of me and there were witnesses.

As I got older and thought I knew everything, I was drawn to the occult and witchcraft, things got even more strange and more paranormal things started to happen, it was so freaky bad that I quit.

Still thinking I knew everything, I thought I'd look into the wiccan belief but things weren't much better, and at times was just as bad if not worse, and at this point between age 15 to 18 I was begging God's forgiveness and to save me from the evil that I was encountering and that was lurking that was on my back.

From there I stated to learn and study about many different kinds of beliefs becuse I felt lost but there were always signs or events proving to me that there is much more to life then just life and death.

My demonic nightmares were filled with warnings and messages which continued night after nighg for years on end, from the time I was 16 to 41 years old of age (with them finally tapering off).

Honestly it took yeears for God to start to forgive me but little by little I was shown signs that he had begun.

Then I stated to study the many factors and regions of Buddhism, I Ching and Osho Zen, along with a few others, this was a safe zone for me, a very peaceful, loving area, with still dark things happening but nothing like before and at this time, I at times experienced phenomenal miracles.

It was at this time I took the 3 year course to become an ordained minister, never going through the ordination ceremony becuase I didnt feel it was the correct path for me and I didnt want that title, still all was going pretty well, until...

An event outside of my control took place and nothing was going to help my situation or my life lierally, but God; I prayed in a manner that I had never prayed before, day and nighy continuously and at this time when I was completely forgiven I immediately felt it inside and out through my being to my soul and my life was saved yet once again, (not in a matter of speaking but literally).

At this point I knew I'd never return to where I had once been. From this point on, my life was going in a direction outside of my control for better and as I built my relationship with God, my life started to blossom and prosper even more.

Paranomal and evil things were still happening but by this time I did believe in God and that Jesus is my saviour whole heartedly, from my experiences and through my studies.

And then I could finally identify what was happening and I realized by the paranormal voices cought on my recorder that the devil was truely here and always has been and right behind me, waiting to devour my soul, waiting each time I was weak, waiting for me to give in.

In an attempt to rid the paranormal and to show my love and appreciate and gratitude to God, after months of research of local churches and religions, I decided to go through with all the classes that it took for a full submersible baptism and I do not regret it! (Baptist, not catholic But no longer attend .)

And even though there are still paranormal things that happen from time to time, that other people are clearly witnessing, I am no longer afraid or weak in this area of my life.

I know I am loved by an unseen higher power who I call God and at times Jesus, I now know it is true and neccessary that there are times that you literally do have to put on the full armor of God.

I know God's power holds the hour of life and death and I was reminded of that on a few occasions. And if I am going to be loved by an unseen power I sure want it to be God and not Lucifer, furthermore if it is as they say, I can not imagine spending eternity without God. I do not want to spend it with the other becuse I already am living with it and I am aware of its power as well.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2019 at 12:29 PM, Artaxerxes said:

Quantum physics and the holographic universe theory.

Happens to have little to do with the rest of your post.

On 10/16/2019 at 12:29 PM, Artaxerxes said:

People who have NDEs routinely describe their experience in language that sounds very similar to what Michael Talbot wrote about in his book The Holographic Universe.   First read this online essay called The Universe as a hologram and then read Mark Horton's NDE description and the parallels and corroboration between them is obvious.  This can't be coincidental. 

The Universe as a Hologram:  http://www.earthportals.com/hologram.html

and Mark Horton's NDE description:  https://angelicview.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/a-journey-out-of-our-universe-spheres-within-spheres/

First find out what the holographic principle is.  It can't be coincidental that you are peddling woo that doesn't resemble quantum physics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Days like today.

Thank you God, I am truely greatful, and know I am blessed!

Edited by Debra F. II
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 4:55 AM, XenoFish said:
On 10/16/2019 at 4:52 AM, RoseDancer said:

For myself it was the realization of how very meaningless and ultimately futile my existence is. I am only born to die.

Sounds like the "enlightening" biker mag "Born to Die".But they got it wrong,we are born to live.It's no wonder their lives are so messed up with that ideology.

Whether you are a skeptic or deeply religious no one can argue that the power of your mind is what it's all about and if believing in something creates a better reality for you,it can't be bad.What is bad is filling yourself with negativity and hopelessness.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, openozy said:

What is bad is filling yourself with negativity and hopelessness.

that is religion in a nut-shell for me

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

that is religion in a nut-shell for me

Same here,but for some it is the opposite.

What are you missing, because you don't believe in God?

19 minutes ago, Will Due said:

What are you missing, because you don't believe in God?

Someone to blame.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I believe we all have what people call God(the good side) and the Devil(the evil bad side) within ourselves and we should be accountable for our actions either way.If religion helps people take the good path it's very helpful to them and everyone around them,but we should take pride in ourselves for not delving into the dark side.We are all our own God that we should try to live up to.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, openozy said:

I believe we all have what people call God(the good side) and the Devil(the evil bad side) within ourselves and we should be accountable for our actions either way.If religion helps people take the good path it's very helpful to them and everyone around them,but we should take pride in ourselves for not delving into the dark side.We are all our own God that we should try to live up to.

I like that!

but I am not a God or goddess - but I see what you're saying : )

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

God sets rainbows over the heads of where he wants them, lifts them with his mighty hand to set them elsewhere in the land...

Know one even understands what it means but I do, and I know where we're headed to and I will continue to follow you.

(by me, for you!)

It is truely a day to celebrate! A long seven year battle is over! Thank you God for you have heard me and you have delivered.

All the hard work, the sleepless nights, all the tears, the fear, the endless protesting, the countless days of dread and sickness from nerves, the hardships and the headaches, all are OVER today!

No one knew the severity of it and no one knows where this greatness will lead us to and when others would have given up and walked away, I kept my faith in you and today I get the news, the best news I have had in seven long hard years, Thank you! Thank you, Thank you! 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 11:55 AM, XenoFish said:

I think I am not the only one who thinks you also touch some of us in some way to get us thinking differently or thinking.  You are not just born to die, none of us is, though we do all die.  If you have children then you have passed on your DNA at the very least, but probably  much more than that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think I am not the only one who thinks you also touch some of us in some way to get us thinking differently or thinking.  You are not just born to die, none of us is, though we do all die.  If you have children then you have passed on your DNA at the very least, but probably  much more than that.

I honestly see no point to my existence. 

• Sad 1

snip

Edited by Desertrat56
delete
  • Sad 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

I have an impulse to give you a lump of clay and tell you to make something, or a shovel and a tree to plant.  I know you are the only one who can decide if you are ok with that or not, I believe that if you exist there must be a point for it.  None of us really know why we are here and I am very suspicious of any one who claims they do know.

We're an accident. Probably an evolutionary misstep. Our existence makes no sense and we really don't serve a functional purpose. 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

We're an accident. Probably an evolutionary misstep. Our existence makes no sense and we really don't serve a functional purpose. 

Well, Maybe, if all we are is some bags of mostly water and everything we think is just limited to our imagination.  I had deleted that post but maybe it is ok that it is out there.  I think there is more to us than what we are told is the physical, and maybe that is my delusion, but it keeps me from the doldrums as I have a very strong, active imagination.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, Maybe, if all we are is some bags of mostly water and everything we think is just limited to our imagination.  I had deleted that post but maybe it is ok that it is out there.  I think there is more to us than what we are told is the physical, and maybe that is my delusion, but it keeps me from the doldrums as I have a very strong, active imagination.

Life is work and that's all I know. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Life is work and that's all I know. 

I agree with that.  But then on a good day I can start a fire in my fire pit and watch the flames for a while. 

• Like 3