Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Led you to Belief.

Scholar4Truth

39 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I honestly see no point to my existence. 

You are good for entertainment value on here,that's one point.

26 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Life is work and that's all I know. 

The same as every living creature on the planet,you are not special.

35 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

We're an accident. Probably an evolutionary misstep. Our existence makes no sense and we really don't serve a functional purpose.

We have as much purpose as everything else in the universe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

See the source image

• Haha 2

We should just enjoy ourselves while we are here,there is no purpose,no matter how important you think you are.We are just here and then not here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I honestly see no point to my existence. 

I didnt either at one point but had a change in heart, probably after too many close calls that were unexplainable as to why or how I made it through, and supernatural things.

I guess with the combination it made me second guess what i "thought" i knew. 

My cousin, everytime I see her says to me "what is the point to life" I never answer her because she isn't really looking for an answer and she doesn't want to hear my opinion anyway. 

Her attitude over rides her development and growth, in my opinion and it holds her back. It seems as though she is just stuck, stagnat.

And not to be mean or that i think I am any better but she never progresses or prospers (Maybe she just has a very closed mind and really doesnt care to, idk.)

But if she were to listen and if I were to answer her I'd tell her that the point is the journey in between, her being still here and not in the grave means life, living and life is the point, it is what you make it. 

It can be shit_y and it sucks at times but what she does with herself and how she spends her time and who she spends most of her time with and the jobs that she's taken do not help her get out of the slump of "what's the point to life" mode.

She says she doesnt get it but what she is missing is that living is the point so you might as well take chances, step out of the everyday boarding, same old same old crap and make something interesting out of it and create joy and happiness and embrace the challenges, the ups and downs and the the joy's of life that are all around her.

She seems to be so stuck in her mode that she can't see any of the beauty and peaceful things in her life or nature or in the world and this is the point, opportunities are endless and are all around but if you're not going to jump on the train when it passes by then it's going to do just that, past right on by her and she'll remain where she stands. It's sad because she does have potential, everyone does.

Idk, I just need to keep jumping on that train cuz I've been stagnat and I didn't like it. I need to move flowing freely, it makes life interesting and I don't like the feeling of being chained or pinned down this applies to all aspects, my mind, my health, my character, personality and my spirit.

Edited by Jujo-jo
Spelling corrections
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

God sets rainbows over the heads of where he wants them, lifts them with his mighty hand to set them elsewhere in the land...

Know one even understands what it means but I do, and I know where we're headed to and I will continue to follow you.

(by me, for you!)

It is truely a day to celebrate! A long seven year battle is over! Thank you God for you have heard me and you have delivered.

All the hard work, the sleepless nights, all the tears, the fear, the endless protesting, the countless days of dread and sickness from nerves, the hardships and the headaches, all are OVER today!

No one knew the severity of it and no one knows where this greatness will lead us to and when others would have given up and walked away, I kept my faith in you and today I get the news, the best news I have had in seven long hard years, Thank you! Thank you, Thank you! 

This is why I still believe, it's been a long tough road... these challenges and this test concerning this matter is finally complete.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

This is why I still believe, it's been a long tough road... these challenges and this test concerning this matter is finally complete.

completion.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

I don't like the feeling of being chained or pinned down this applies to all aspects, my mind, my health, my character, personality and my spirit.

Same here, that's why I don't believe in marriage,which is the classic ball and chain existence.I like being with someone to go through this life with,but not on societies terms and agreements.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

My cousin, everytime I see her says to me "what is the point to life" I never answer her because she isn't really looking for an answer and she doesn't want to hear my opinion anyway.

She needs to speak with my partner,a tough women from Birmingham UK.She'd just tell her to shut up and go top herself.Sounds harsh, but I've seen it pull people out of their self indulgent misery.When they are faced with the reality of dying they soon get on the offensive and come to life, lol.Most of these people are just attention seeking whingers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

I didnt either at one point but had a change in heart, probably after too many close calls that were unexplainable as to why or how I made it through, and supernatural things.

I guess with the combination it made me second guess what i "thought" i knew. 

Her attitude over rides her development and growth, in my opinion and it holds her back. It seems as though she is just stuck, stagnat.

And not to be mean or that i think I am any better but she never progresses or prospers (Maybe she just has a very closed mind and really doesnt care to, idk.)

But if she were to listen and if I were to answer her I'd tell her that the point is the journey in between, her being still here and not in the grave means life, living and life is the point, it is what you make it. 

It can be shit_y and it sucks at times but what she does with herself and how she spends her time and who she spends most of her time with and the jobs that she's taken do not help her get out of the slump of "what's the point to life" mode.

She says she doesnt get it but what she is missing is that living is the point so you might as well take chances, step out of the everyday boarding, same old same old crap and make something interesting out of it and create joy and happiness and embrace the challenges, the ups and downs and the the joy's of life that are all around her.

She seems to be so stuck in her mode that she can't see any of the beauty and peaceful things in her life or nature or in the world and this is the point, opportunities are endless and are all around but if you're not going to jump on the train when it passes by then it's going to do just that, past right on by her and she'll remain where she stands. It's sad because she does have potential, everyone does.

Idk, I just need to keep jumping on that train cuz I've been stagnat and I didn't like it. I need to move flowing freely, it makes life interesting and I don't like the feeling of being chained or pinned down this applies to all aspects, my mind, my health, my character, personality and my spirit.

I just hate myself is all. I may have done a lot of good in my life, but it isn't got enough. I've got old programming running in my head that I can not seem to shake, guess that's my cross to bear. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I just hate myself is all. I may have done a lot of good in my life, but it isn't got enough. I've got old programming running in my head that I can not seem to shake, guess that's my cross to bear. 

Yeah I know what that's like, I had to learn how to drop all of my old self and most of the things I was brought up with that I was told was right and just had to become a new me, it was extremely difficult but then I found zen and the teachings were totally opposite from what I knew and lived, it helped me to become the person I am today and it was much easier at that point to walk away from unhealthy people and situations, that was a big part of why I wasn't able to grow and expand and even now they're damaging words try to creep in and if I play into that I'm only holding myself back and only letting the old surface to cause me more harm and damage.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Xeno,

I don't know why it is. I just have an overwhelming feeling that you're going to overcome all of that and succeed beyond your wildest dreams.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

Xeno,

I don't know why it is. I just have an overwhelming feeling that you're going to overcome all of that and succeed beyond your wildest dreams.

I agree!

Xeno, hold on cuz things are about to change for you.

sometimes we get caught in a gap and it might seem hopeless to get out of that gap out but when this happens it's important to remember, its temporary and sometimes we just have to wait for a solution to resolve its self and if one isn't coming we just have to jump on those opportunities even if they seem pointless or small. Big changes sometimes come in small packages and sometimes even on a thin sheet of paper.

• Like 2

X ,  is there something , or two, that you think is FUN to do?   Sounds like if you could have some fun..you might feel better?

I worked incredibly hard in my life too...now I'm too old thankfully :P.   ..ya, we can't win exactly brother. !  But a few laughs or relaxation can help a lot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

No.

Dam brother !    I wish I could cheer you up a little.   You wouldn't believe all that I'm dealing with nowadays....and I can still laugh.     ( hehe ). ..<best I could do right now  ;

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You just have to compartmentalize and don't open the door,even then it sometimes opens,just shut it again.Don't be so hard on yourself Xeno we are just human, not Gods, and prone to f--- up,it's just the way we are.The past doesn't exist anyway.

• Like 2

Just now, lightly said:

Dam brother !    I wish I could cheer you up a little.   You wouldn't believe all that I'm dealing with nowadays....and I can still laugh.     ( hehe ). ..<best I could do right now  ;

Everything literally becomes work to me, a job. Playing a game becomes a priority list. Working out isn't done for the sake of it, but because my doctors told me too. Even eating is a task to complete. A religion would even be a task to me. Occultism became work, so I basically quit. Pretty much everything is a to-do list that I should've had finished yesterday.

4 minutes ago, openozy said:

You just have to compartmentalize and don't open the door,even then it sometimes opens,just shut it again.Don't be so hard on yourself Xeno we are just human, not Gods, and prone to f--- up,it's just the way we are.The past doesn't exist anyway.

If it isn't done right or exact then it's a failure. No matter how good it is. It has to be perfect. That's what goes on in my head. Do it right, do it by the book, or you are wrong. Follow the rules and do it right. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Everything literally becomes work to me, a job. Playing a game becomes a priority list. Working out isn't done for the sake of it, but because my doctors told me too. Even eating is a task to complete. A religion would even be a task to me. Occultism became work, so I basically quit. Pretty much everything is a to-do list that I should've had finished yesterday.

Hmm !   Ya, that's got to be rough to feel that way.  I feel pressured too..    I think we both need some reprogramming. I've heard you talk about that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Another case of extreme self-absorption, ultimately a most unsatisfying pre-occupation, as the "me" they are obsessed with, in reality, does not even exist.

Edited by Habitat

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If it isn't done right or exact then it's a failure. No matter how good it is. It has to be perfect. That's what goes on in my head. Do it right, do it by the book, or you are wrong. Follow the rules and do it right. 

That would be hard to live with,and a pedestal too high for anyone.Remember your just a guy,I believe a good man,despite s------- me to tears on occasion lol.Making mistakes is how you learn,don't be your worst critic,there are plenty more that will take that role lol.

22 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Another case of extreme self-absorption, ultimately a most unsatisfying pre-occupation, as the "me" they are obsessed with, in reality, does not even exist.

Get off your high horse. It has nothing to do with self absorption. I literally feel as if everything is work and it has to be done perfectly. An ideal I can not meet. 

13 minutes ago, openozy said:

That would be hard to live with,and a pedestal too high for anyone.Remember your just a guy,I believe a good man,despite s------- me to tears on occasion lol.Making mistakes is how you learn,don't be your worst critic,there are plenty more that will take that role lol.

It sucks. I have good days and very bad days. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfectionism_(psychology)

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It sucks. I have good days and very bad days.

Same here,because you are an intelligent person you have obviously ridden through the bad days and kept your head about you,so your lucky.I feel sorry for people who don't have that intelligence because sometimes they don't override that horrible day and they are no longer with us.I've come to the conclusion the luckiest people are the dopiest ones,they care about little and nothing can get them down,what a free world they must live in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1