Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Scholar4Truth

What Led you to Belief.

185 posts in this topic

XenoFish
52 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You are an avatar of a Great Soul, which is not bound by the constraints of linear time, omni temporal and multi-incarnate.  It experiences a simultaneity of existences, past, present and future, all at once. You are one node, one point of reference, one point of perspective in this three dimensional linear timeline. The Great Soul is a living Mobius Strip, no beginning, no ending. It exists and persists in the eternal Now.

I knew those cheat codes worked.

• Like 1

19_Kilo
5 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Oh, nothing's impossible; you. as an example, demonstrate the human capacity to make themselves believe almost anything and be smug b******* about it, too. In the end, you don't have any more evidence for your point-of-view than the average bible-thumping, foot-washing Baptist does theirs. They can't prove a positive and you sure the hell can't prove a negative from the perspective of your own pointless, brief and futile existence.

Not being able to disprove a claim, no matter how absurd it is, carries not a speck of credence to said claim.

Carl Sagan gave us all an excellent example of this fact.

Enjoy!

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Dragon_in_My_Garage

Edited by Tuco's Gas

Hammerclaw
17 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Not being able to disprove a claim, no matter how absurd it is, carries not a speck of credence to said claim.

Carl Satan gave us all an excellent example of this fact.

Enjoy!

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Dragon_in_My_Garage

He dead, Jim and couldn't prove a negative, either. So, your opinion has no more merit than anyone else's, no matter how vigorously you pat yourself on the back. Now, b ugger off.

19_Kilo
7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

He dead, Jim and couldn't prove a negative, either. So, your opinion has no more merit than anyone else's, no matter how vigorously you pat yourself on the back. Now, b ugger off.

LOL.  Nice comeback. You're a charmer! 

• Haha 1

19_Kilo
11 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Prove a negative?

We're talking about Disproving absurd claims. Like sky gods. Did you even read the link? 

19_Kilo
4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I knew those cheat codes worked.

Actually Claw had an impressive spiel there. He managed to include 6 or 7 New Age jingoisms in  one paragraph. LOL 

Hammerclaw
3 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Prove a negative?

We're talking about Disproving absurd claims. Like sky gods. Did you even read the link? 

No, I'm talking about the absurdity of disproving answers to existential questions which is the province of philosophy and religion not imperial search and discovery. I'm commenting on the topic of the thread, not anyone's particular opinion or fanciful notions.

You've opened yourself up for controversy by deriding other's choices of what they believe. Perhaps you should start your own thread I.e. What Led You To Disbelief?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

XenoFish
4 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Actually Claw had an impressive spiel there. He managed to include 6 or 7 New Age jingoisms in  one paragraph. LOL 

I've known hammerclaw for a few years now. I appreciate his input. 

• Like 3

EU1B1UE
On 9/3/2019 at 6:22 AM, Scholar4Truth said:

I am just curious to those on the forum who don't hold to a Materialistic/ Naturalistic Worldview, What led you to accept the ideas of Spirituality/Supernatural or at least opening the door to its possibility? 

Many personal experiences whether that is from a paranormal aspect, spiritual (such as being psychic) and practices of witchcraft. I'm a form believer in the topics in which I am one who is a believer when evidence is presented (not science typed as it is bias).

Cultivator of Fa
On 9/2/2019 at 10:52 PM, Scholar4Truth said:

I am just curious to those on the forum who don't hold to a Materialistic/ Naturalistic Worldview, What led you to accept the ideas of Spirituality/Supernatural or at least opening the door to its possibility? 

For me it has been a life from childhood with study of different religions and now as a cultivator of Falun Gong, so i would say from my journey that have lasted more then 30 years i come to the realization of spiritual realms is real, but for those who do not have the inner wisdom it is difficult to see or understand the spiritual realms.

Materalism to me does not mean anything, the objects that is still in my life is only objects that comes and goes, no strings attached to them.