Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mermaid Sightings

Commander CMG

On 9/3/2019 at 5:25 PM, Gwynbleidd said:

I also find it funny that men have mistaken dugongs/manatees as mermaids.  I'm not sure what sort of women they've been around but I haven't seen any that look like those creatures.  Perhaps it was just a case of being out at sea for too long and they'd forgotten what a true woman looked like.....naked. :lol:

Personally i too would find it very disturbing if some blokes mistook a dugong for a mermaid. Maybe they had the old beer goggles on? It happens you know. 

• Haha 2

On 9/12/2019 at 10:53 PM, stereologist said:

The problem with mermaids is that they are part fish and part mammal. The line of animals that become mammals diverges from fish in the Devonian. The Devonian ended over 350 million years ago.

Mermaids are just chimera and no more real than griffins or Pegasus. Making up new creatures is easier if you mix and match body parts instead of dreaming up something new.

I'm not sure that mermaids were even seen. I'm not thinking that people mistook anything to be a woman with a fish's tale.

The one thing people seem to forget is that the mermaids of long ago were trouble. They were associated with death and disaster.

I always thought is was human thats adapted to water over many years. Never a chimera of any sort. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

I always thought is was human thats adapted to water over many years. Never a chimera of any sort. 

Where do humans, or any mammals, have the ability to breath underwater?

Where do any mammals have true scales like fish?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Where did i say "Mermaids/Mermen" can breathe underwater? and who said they have to have scales? The one apparently spotted in Israel was sunning itself and looked to have a dolphin like tail. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Where did i say "Mermaids/Mermen" can breathe underwater? and who said they have to have scales? The one apparently spotted in Israel was sunning itself and looked to have a dolphin like tail. 

Please read the thread and figure out your own hideous mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are posters that step into a thread and write posts that have nothing at all to do with the material being discussed.

What is even more childish is that they write their bizarre statements as if they are replies to what is being discussed. I suppose drugs do that to people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Please read the thread and figure out your own hideous mistakes.

Another Epic Fail from Stereo. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Please read the thread and determine your incompetence.

For all you know they have the ability to hold their breathe. Point out where in the thread it says the mermaids can breathe underwater? 

• Confused 1

Fascinating  how determined some posters are caught up in being childish.

They could post something to add substance to the thread. Instead they desire to show everyone that they have no ability to think even at the kindergarten level.

The sad thing is they are too uneducated to realize that they embarrass themselves in each and every post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

For all you know they have the ability to hold their breathe. Point out where in the thread it says the mermaids can breathe underwater? 

Please learn what a mermaid is and then you can come play with the grown ups.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

post pics, or moot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

mermaids have gills, duh, every kid knows it,  

• Haha 2

On 9/3/2019 at 12:25 AM, Gwynbleidd said:

I also find it funny that men have mistaken dugongs/manatees as mermaids.  I'm not sure what sort of women they've been around but I haven't seen any that look like those creatures.  Perhaps it was just a case of being out at sea for too long and they'd forgotten what a true woman looked like.....naked. :lol:

Or maybe their women looked like that, and that's why they went out to sea?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Or maybe their women looked like that, and that's why they went out to sea?

PMSL..... I never gave that some thought but its one hell of a reason to hit the seven sea's. 

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2019 at 11:00 AM, Matt221 said:

Bloody fish people there all the same, try and get a decent pic and off they go.

the only Israel mermaid pic i saw was crap, another bad image trying to be hailed as the smoking gun proof.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 3:42 AM, stereologist said:

Whales and dolphins are mammals. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Whales and dolphins are mammals. :D

really ?! um...they do not breathe underwater they come up to the surface for air, then hold their breath.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I only liked the upper part and did not like the tail... :lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

really ?! um...they do not breathe underwater they come up to the surface for air, then hold their breath.

Damn. There was me trying to be a smart ****.  Well played sir. :(

12 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Damn. There was me trying to be a smart ****.  Well played sir. :(

so was i :tu:, got cha!

On 9/17/2019 at 6:01 AM, Robotic Jew said:

Now 100% fish

Edited by openozy

On 9/13/2019 at 11:24 PM, Captain Risky said:

holding breath isnt breathing kind of the oppisite

• Confused 1