Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost, haunting or demon???

liz_sxm

Good afternoon,

I am writing from the Caribbean, but the events happened back home in The Netherlands. 

My mom remarried 3 years ago, her new husband has an adopted son (baby from his brother) when my mom moved in his home strange small things where already happening. Noises, shower turning on by itself, shadows and reflections, the son ( 7 years old then) had often nightmares, or would even be found at the door opening " sleep walking". My mom often told me this stories and how she never felt comfortable in this house. Back then it was for sale already. My boyfriend and I came on vacation and stayed with my mom, partner and kid for 3 weeks or so. By then i forgot the stories... One night I woke up because I heard the kid upstairs walking around (wood floor so it was pretty loud) It woke my partner too, I said to my partner " it is probably the kid needing to go to the bathroom" The noise moved walking down the stairs, i got up to check on him but their was NOBODY downstairs... i got the creeps and return to bed...the noises continued for a good while and lasted for a couple days. I told my mom that i believed that whatever it is hangs around the kids room. And so i advised to look into it and call an expert (of course she didn't) We flew back home and time passed. They sold the house and moved to a farm rental house while their new house was being finished up. Nothing happened the first month. One day my mom called me and said the fire alarms kept going off in the night around the same time, they got fed up after a week and removed the batteries ( I advised against this). The next week my mom was taking a bath and she smelled smoke, they had a random fire that started from the dishwasher (Off at this time) that got blamed on a random electrical fire. 8 Months ago they moved in the new house and my mom told me it felt positive and clean.  That changed yesterday !! My mom called in panic early morning (for us nighttime) and explained that the kid woke them in the night screaming (But like panicking!) The husband ran over to the room and yelled my mom over. His blankets where pulled down and 2 hand prints (large) where found on his inner legs (looked squeezed hard that left red prints) When my mom asked what happened the kid started laughing and said " WE where just playing ". The next morning my mom asked him again and he already answered NO as quick as possible and saying he doesn't remember anything ( looking very scared and nervous, he is 9 by the way). Now i think this goes way to far then just noises and stuff and actually can be a danger for them. BUT they don't listen to my advise to seek help. I will be visiting my family in October coming up for just 2 days and I don't know if i should do something and even sleep there when i visit. What could this be???

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• freetoroam

• AnaWr

• Desertrat56

• liz_sxm

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, liz_sxm said:

Good afternoon,

I am writing from the Caribbean, but the events happened back home in The Netherlands. 

My mom remarried 3 years ago, her new husband has an adopted son (baby from his brother) when my mom moved in his home strange small things where already happening. Noises, shower turning on by itself, shadows and reflections, the son ( 7 years old then) had often nightmares, or would even be found at the door opening " sleep walking". My mom often told me this stories and how she never felt comfortable in this house. Back then it was for sale already. My boyfriend and I came on vacation and stayed with my mom, partner and kid for 3 weeks or so. By then i forgot the stories... One night I woke up because I heard the kid upstairs walking around (wood floor so it was pretty loud) It woke my partner too, I said to my partner " it is probably the kid needing to go to the bathroom" The noise moved walking down the stairs, i got up to check on him but their was NOBODY downstairs... i got the creeps and return to bed...the noises continued for a good while and lasted for a couple days. I told my mom that i believed that whatever it is hangs around the kids room. And so i advised to look into it and call an expert (of course she didn't) We flew back home and time passed. They sold the house and moved to a farm rental house while their new house was being finished up. Nothing happened the first month. One day my mom called me and said the fire alarms kept going off in the night around the same time, they got fed up after a week and removed the batteries ( I advised against this). The next week my mom was taking a bath and she smelled smoke, they had a random fire that started from the dishwasher (Off at this time) that got blamed on a random electrical fire. 8 Months ago they moved in the new house and my mom told me it felt positive and clean.  That changed yesterday !! My mom called in panic early morning (for us nighttime) and explained that the kid woke them in the night screaming (But like panicking!) The husband ran over to the room and yelled my mom over. His blankets where pulled down and 2 hand prints (large) where found on his inner legs (looked squeezed hard that left red prints) When my mom asked what happened the kid started laughing and said " WE where just playing ". The next morning my mom asked him again and he already answered NO as quick as possible and saying he doesn't remember anything ( looking very scared and nervous, he is 9 by the way). Now i think this goes way to far then just noises and stuff and actually can be a danger for them. BUT they don't listen to my advise to seek help. I will be visiting my family in October coming up for just 2 days and I don't know if i should do something and even sleep there when i visit. What could this be???

Has anyone considered someone (a neighbor) getting into the boys room at night?  It may not be paranormal at all.  The boy may be scared to tell the truth.

2 hours ago, liz_sxm said:

One night I woke up because I heard the kid upstairs walking around (wood floor so it was pretty loud)

At night all sounds can  appear a lot louder.

The noise moved walking down the stairs, i got up to check on him but their was NOBODY downstairs.

The kid could have been hiding. He may have been trying to get some biscuits for a night snack and did not want to get caught by you.

And so i advised to look into it and call an expert

An expert?  Can you explain what you mean. Like the police or a doctor?

• 4 months later...
On 9/3/2019 at 9:41 PM, liz_sxm said:

(..) Back then it was for sale already. My boyfriend and I came on vacation and stayed with my mom, partner and kid for 3 weeks or so. By then i forgot the stories... One night I woke up because I heard the kid upstairs walking around (wood floor so it was pretty loud) It woke my partner too, I said to my partner " it is probably the kid needing to go to the bathroom" The noise moved walking down the stairs, i got up to check on him but their was NOBODY downstairs... i got the creeps and return to bed...the noises continued for a good while and lasted for a couple days. I told my mom that i believed that whatever it is hangs around the kids room. And so i advised to look into it and call an expert (of course she didn't) We flew back home and time passed. They sold the house and moved to a farm rental house while their new house was being finished up. Nothing happened the first month. One day my mom called me and said the fire alarms kept going off in the night around the same time, they got fed up after a week and removed the batteries ( I advised against this). The next week my mom was taking a bath and she smelled smoke, they had a random fire that started from the dishwasher (Off at this time) that got blamed on a random electrical fire. 8 Months ago they moved in the new house and my mom told me it felt positive and clean.  That changed yesterday !! My mom called in panic early morning (for us nighttime) and explained that the kid woke them in the night screaming (But like panicking!) The husband ran over to the room and yelled my mom over. His blankets where pulled down and 2 hand prints (large) where found on his inner legs (looked squeezed hard that left red prints) When my mom asked what happened the kid started laughing and said " WE where just playing ". The next morning my mom asked him again and he already answered NO as quick as possible and saying he doesn't remember anything ( looking very scared and nervous, he is 9 by the way).  What could this be???

The kid could be possessed, not necessarily by a demon. It is an entity, maybe it was human once or not, we cannot know unless we have abilities of a medium. This thing followed him, that is obvious.. Whatever skeptics have to say, they cannot explain the hand marks on his legs. And we cannot proceed with the idea that he is a liar and he made everything up, inspite of a young age.