Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Trump trying to destroy the US economy ?

Unusual Tournament

Trump wants the USA to be the only economic superpower. that is clear to see.

To do this he believes he must destroy competing economic entities China and the EU.

If, to do this he weakens the US then 'so be it', provided he can blame china, or the EU, or the thankless NATO members or the Dems, or the immigrants, or the FED, or Obama or the MSM, or the Danish PM .....

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Piney said:

And if Turkey and/or China steps in? Then what?

What about Russia? 

We simply tell them to back to their rooms and to stay there, no dinner tonight.:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I think there should be a chin-stroking emotimoji. So by your reckoning The Amazing Donald is actually subverting the global banking elite, and his apparent blundering incompetence is actually all a carefully planned campaign to destroy the globalist elite while pretending to be one of their most prominent members? Gosh, he's even more devious than anyone had previously thought. :hmm: :mellow: 

You really haven't been paying attention, have you?  Bill Dudley's recent, shocking comments should tell you everything you need to know about how the global banking elite feel about Trump.  Trump is not "one of their most prominent members", nor do they want him.

I have in-laws that are long-time anti-Trumpers and they believed inventing new and childish names and insults for Trump would show everyone just how tuned-in and smart they are.  They're right about that, actually.

Now they sound like washed-up insult comics who have run out of material, telling the same jokes ad nauseum to an empty room.

1 minute ago, hacktorp said:

Trump is not "one of their most prominent members", nor do they want him.

That could just be distancing themselves from him because they feel he's a blundering buffoon, not necessarily so much because they fear that he's covertly sabotaging them? 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

That could just be distancing themselves from him because they feel he's a blundering buffoon, not necessarily so much because they fear that he's covertly sabotaging them? 

No, they know very well what he and those he's aligned with are doing.  It's deadly-serious stuff and means the end of the road for the money-conjurers.

The "blundering buffoon" narrative is propaganda pablum for the gullible masses. Don't be one of those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Trump wants the USA to be the only economic superpower. that is clear to see.

You have described the precise opposite of what is actually happening.

The US is backing away from world economic and military hegemony and assuming its place among much more equal powers.

All major economic blocs are now deleveraging and devaluing their currencies.

This is in preparation for an economic and monetary reset which will leave the US roughly on par with the others.

This is also why Trump wants to further devalue the dollar and lower rates.  It keeps the economy energized and hastens the demise of the Fed.

21 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

as much of a dystopian hellscape as his presidency has turned out to be

LOL!!!  What?  I don't know about the rest of you but I thought hell would be a lot worse than this.  

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

It shouldn't, but then again neither should anyones on fokkk news, but that's where trump looks to know what to do next.

Didn't he disavow them in a different TDS thread?

• Like 1

I'm not sure what he is trying to do.  I want to see Trump's tax returns. because I want to see what his capital gains are.  The stock market drops over 2 days the worst as it has in 1 year.  Trump comes out and lies about talking with China about trade...and the stock market goes up.  I want to know if he tips his financial managers off about what he is going to say?  I mean, this is the man that told Mike Pence to stay at his properties in Ireland, 180 miles away from his meetings that he then had to fly to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Barbarians are you no longer at the gates, they're sitting at the top of the table... 

~

• Like 3

Seems to me Trump is the formal start of the end of 'the American era'. The nation has become increasingly divided, extremely internally unstable. Its international relations are at an all time low (besides Israel, which is at an all time high), bonds of the past have been discarded, agressively destroyed.. dwindling US influence in thesame regions to record lows. The US (petro) dollar is at the precipice as a global reserve currency, where numerous nations are racing to supplant it. Add the unprecedented level of national debt, as well as the numerous conflicts active & looming.. military and economic.. and Id suppose youd have a great recipe for an implosion waiting to happen.

I cant shake the distinct feeling we are witnessing numerous parallels with the Roman empire in its last days. And as the denizens of Rome, so do the Americans think all will be fine until the very last day, until the illusion becomes absolutely untennable..

Eventhough I expect such developments to pose a threat to the West / Europe in the long term (where the US position is replaced by a new entity), the rogue like qualities exemplified in the 21st century by our 'superman gone bad', an empire corrupted to the core, I cannot accept.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Political Cartoons by Mike Lester

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

tRUMP isn't deliberately destroying the US economy.  He just doesn;t know what he's doing.

I would say something about good intentions, but I don't think he cares.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2019 at 10:31 AM, Hammerclaw said:

Political Cartoons by Mike Lester

Why not give up red meat?  We have soy protein products that you can't tell from the real thing.  And we can invent even better ones.  We don't really need red meat.  I wouldn't ban it, though.  There are some ranges too rocky to plow that can produce beef, but not grain.  Efficient land use dictates that we keep them in production.

Cow farts:  not a climate problem.  But keeping feedlots from releasing a lot of methane IS a climate problem.  Just standard sewage treatment.  I don't want that stuff running into my drinking water anyway.  Increasing grain allotments would help by making other uses more profitable.

Plastic straws/paper straws:  why not engineer a paper straw that has all the advantages of plastic?  Shouldn't be hard.  Maybe done already.

CO2:  That's a climate problem.  Not enough space to talk about it here.

Guns:  One second before he pulled the trigger, the mass murderer was a "responsible gun owner."  How do the rest of ud keep "responsible gun owners" from killing us?

What is a Dave Chapelle?

Thermostat freedom:  heating and cooling cost money.  If you have the money, why not spend it?  If you'd rather not, there are lots of ways to reduce your use of energy that don't involve thermostats.

Babies:  they've figured out what causes babies.  You don't have to have them if you don't want them.

Fracking:  most fracking occurs at depths of two miles or more.  There is little chance of fracking fluids reaching the surface.  And ever if they do, most of them are harmless.  One company in OK fracks with sand and water.  There are wells where waste fluids can be injected into the ground safely.  We don't have to have earthquakes, either.

Cheesburgers:  I love 'em.  Don't mess with my cheeseburgers.

Commercial air travel:  any kind of air travel burns an awful lot of fuel to get people where they're going.  Bullet trains could get most of them there as fast without burning all that fuel.

Off-shoire drilling:  you can make a lot of money on an off-shore rig.  You can also get killed on it.  Off-shore shouldn't be a problem in the Gulf, BP notwithstanding.  But off-shore rigs in scenic coastal areas or the Arctic Wildlife Refuge are something else.

Nuclear energy:  dangerous.  Requires bulding systems with NO mistakes at all.  On the other hand, fast breeders can recycle nuclear waste.  And we have a thousand-year supply of it.  It will be clean energy if we don't have a meltdown and we can figure out what to do with the waste.

Got o go.  Been nice talking to you.

Doug

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

Why not give up red meat? 

give it up if you want to, but it is not your place to tell someone they have to give it up,   you are infringing on someones freedom

One second before he pulled the trigger, the mass murderer was a "responsible gun owner."  How do the rest of ud keep "responsible gun owners" from killing us?

and one second before rape, a person is not a rapist,  who is to say you will not be raping anyone in future? you have the tool . 

we do not keep you safe.  it is not our job,  we protect ourselves, it is UP TO YOU to keep yourself safe, but if by doing that you want to take my guns my means of protecting myself,, then we have a huge problem here, the way i see it you ARE a threat to me,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

On 9/3/2019 at 7:18 PM, Professor Buzzkill said:

I cant see this being real. Why would trump ruin the economy before the next election?

Because he is a counter puncher.  When somebody hits, he hit s back harder not considering the consequences.  It is probably not PC now, but there is an old Southern story about a clever fox who gets stuck to a doll made out of tar.

By now, all world leaders know that and play him like a fish when they get the chance.  Kim Jung Un did, now President Xi is working it..

Midwest farmers are suffering and asking Trump for help. It threatens Trump's reelection.  The Chinese throw a life line; no additional tariffs on soy beans or pork, just what the farmers need.  If the President grabs it and finally makes a trade deal, the trade war goes away.  In return, China gets something.  What?  Easing of intellectual property rights, never mentioning the trade deficit again, non-interference with China's long term goals?  

Trump can save the farmers, avoid a recession, win re-election and let future Americans deal with Chinese world domination.  Sweet deal. 

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2019 at 8:06 PM, Captain Risky said:

According to a new report, the president also wanted to shiv the U.S. economy in a characteristically self-defeating attempt to get back at China—a move that was only prevented by a chorus of staffers and CEOs begging him not to go through with it.

I read that and wondered what he supposedly wants to "get back at china" for.  I didn't see any  explanation for that comment.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 3:44 AM, Phaeton80 said:

Seems to me Trump is the formal start of the end of 'the American era'. The nation has become increasingly divided, extremely internally unstable. Its international relations are at an all time low (besides Israel, which is at an all time high), bonds of the past have been discarded, agressively destroyed.. dwindling US influence in thesame regions to record lows. The US (petro) dollar is at the precipice as a global reserve currency, where numerous nations are racing to supplant it. Add the unprecedented level of national debt, as well as the numerous conflicts active & looming.. military and economic.. and Id suppose youd have a great recipe for an implosion waiting to happen.

I cant shake the distinct feeling we are witnessing numerous parallels with the Roman empire in its last days. And as the denizens of Rome, so do the Americans think all will be fine until the very last day, until the illusion becomes absolutely untennable..

Eventhough I expect such developments to pose a threat to the West / Europe in the long term (where the US position is replaced by a new entity), the rogue like qualities exemplified in the 21st century by our 'superman gone bad', an empire corrupted to the core, I cannot accept.

Well you're wrong, we're not going anywhere.  If you are right and you wan't to draw parallels to the fall of the Roman Empire please keep in mind what happened when Rome fell.  Murderous barbarian hordes took over the world and that quality of life provided by the existence and organization of Rome didn't return for 1000 years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Well you're wrong, we're not going anywhere.  If you are right and you wan't to draw parallels to the fall of the Roman Empire please keep in mind what happened when Rome fell.  Murderous barbarian hordes took over the world and that quality of life provided by the existence and organization of Rome didn't return for 1000 years.

yea, they call it dark ages for a reason.   

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I read that and wondered what he supposedly wants to "get back at china" for.  I didn't see any  explanation for that comment.

Maybe he wants to keep America the number one economic and political power by destroying China at all costs. Even if it means hurting America. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Ok, wrong.. otherwise: hordes.

Got it!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

Ok, wrong.. otherwise: hordes.

Got it!

Good.  Now salute the American flag, watch an episode of the Big Bang Theory and eat a cheese burger.

• Haha 3

On 9/4/2019 at 2:59 AM, Piney said:

And if Turkey and/or China steps in? Then what?

What about Russia? 

China is unable to project meaningful military might beyond its borders, its questionable if they can even project their entire military might to the western parts of China.  While China is expanding its ability to project power along with its logistical ability to support troops abroad they are still decades away from being able to do so.

Turkey has a largish but also largely outdated military, for example Turkey got more tanks then most NATO members but most of their tanks are M48s and M60s.  Also the effectiveness of the Turkish military is questionable with how their limited military intervention within Syria has gone, they lost a surprising amount of I believe Leopard 2 tanks but might of been Leopard 1 tanks in a short period of time.

As for Russia they arent the USSR and they wont get involved while there is conflict still going on with Ukraine and in Syria.  A lot of the Russian military still uses outdated and poorly maintained equipment with a large part of its army being made up of conscript soldiers with barely any training.  But more importantly current Russian military doctrine tries to avoid fighting a multi-front war or a war across a wide front at all cost so it can focus its elite and well equipped units in as narrow a front as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1