Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

San Fran names NRA domestic terror group

and-then

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2019-09-04/san-francisco-declares-nra-a-domestic-terror-organization 

What's that refrain we hear all the time from the smug bassturds on the Left?  "No one wants to take your guns"  I'd say between Beto and this move, those who say it now are just wasting their time lying about it.  All I can say is, come get you some :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The resolution states that the U.S. is "plagued by an epidemic of gun violence," with 36,000 deaths and 100,000 injuries by guns each year. The document accuses the gun rights group of using "its considerable wealth and organizational strength to promote gun ownership and incite gun owners to acts of violence."

"The National Rifle Association spreads propaganda that misinforms and aims to deceive the public about the dangers of gun violence," the resolution says.

There is always two sides to this issue isn't there....

1. Guns are legal and people are entitled to own them under the 2nd Amendment.  Almost 100% of gun owners are responsible people with their guns.

2. Guns are not able to fire by themselves and it is 100% illegal to shoot people. 

I don't think the NRA is spreading propaganda or misinforming people at all.  The media is though. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well then.. the Board of Supervisors of San Francisco are a bunch of virtue-signalling morons. Perhaps they could more constructively spend their time cleaning up all the human excrement in the streets. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

What's that refrain we hear all the time from the smug bassturds on the Left? 

Bassturds? 

Are you 13? Or are you trying to bypass the filters. Either way please dial it back as it's rude and rather annoying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

There is always two sides to this issue isn't there....

1. Guns are legal and people are entitled to own them under the 2nd Amendment.  Almost 100% of gun owners are responsible people with their guns.

2. Guns are not able to fire by themselves and it is 100% illegal to shoot people. 

I don't think the NRA is spreading propaganda or misinforming people at all.  The media is though. 

This pretty much spot on. It's a people problem, not a gun problem. A gun is just a tool for a loose cannon to use. Plus California's a wreck. 

• Like 4

i buy a lot of stuff on eBay,. from now on i will not buy anything if a seller is from SF. they will not even notice it of course,  but at least i'll be doing what i feel is right

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, aztek said:

i buy a lot of stuff on eBay,. from now on i will not buy anything if a seller is from SF. they will not even notice it of course,  but at least i'll be doing what i feel is right

I’ll join you. Not one more pack of rice a roni ever again. *faces south and shakes fist*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I’ll join you. Not one more pack of rice a roni ever again. *faces south and shakes fist*

thanks for pointing that out, i wasn't even thinking about everyday items i buy that may come from SF as well, 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

thanks for pointing that out, i wasn't even thinking about everyday items i buy that may come from SF as well, 

It’s not really a big sacrifice as I’m not even sure they still make it ^_^

8 hours ago, and then said:

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2019-09-04/san-francisco-declares-nra-a-domestic-terror-organization 

What's that refrain we hear all the time from the smug bassturds on the Left?  "No one wants to take your guns"  I'd say between Beto and this move, those who say it now are just wasting their time lying about it.  All I can say is, come get you some :w00t:

I think youre too emotionally involved to see and understand the separate issues. 

I want 2A to stand but ill also be the first to tell you that the current gun culture, as propagated by the NRA, is a dangerous trainwreck designed to attract the lowest common denominator in our society. I.E exactly the folks who real responsible gun owners shouldn't want owning guns.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, aztek said:

^Actual virtue signalling. Doing **** all but it makes you feel good to tell people. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Bassturds? 

Are you 13? Or are you trying to bypass the filters. Either way please dial it back as it's rude and rather annoying.

I assure you that 13 was many, many years gone.  You'll pardon my "rudeness" - or not - I was expressing anger over another stupid Leftist issue in AMERICA.  Sorry if it stepped on a toe.

6 hours ago, aztek said:

ok so are they gonna roundup nra members and charge them with terrorism?

Would be a good start, so give it a try.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well then.. the Board of Supervisors of San Francisco are a bunch of virtue-signalling morons. Perhaps they could more constructively spend their time cleaning up all the human excrement in the streets. 

I wish the city of San Francisco would focus on the real problems they face. They have medieval living conditions in some areas of the city due to a failure to address the homeless epidemic. Every time the city tries to address gun control the NRA destroys them in court and the taxpayer foots the bill. I would rather the city deal with us having more IV drug users than high school students but it easier to ban plastic straws, toys in Happy Meals and make meaningless overreaching rules which get overturned in court.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I think youre too emotionally involved to see and understand the separate issues. 

I want 2A to stand but ill also be the first to tell you that the current gun culture, as propagated by the NRA, is a dangerous trainwreck designed to attract the lowest common denominator in our society. I.E exactly the folks who real responsible gun owners shouldn't want owning guns.

What an asinine statement. Are you even aware of what the NRA does and stands for? Or are you only able to regurgitate liberal talking points? (very badly I might add)

One thing the NRA does is to keep the lowest common denominators in our society from taking our guns. :whistle:

• Thanks 2

You an organization dedicated to one specific amendment in the bill of rights is designated a terrorist group?

Should tell you something about the people making that designation. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, hatecraft said:

If you think the NRA cares about the second amendment, I've got a few bridges to sell you.

I'm no longer a member due to their corruption at the top but I joined an up and coming, back to basics group that actually IS a voice for 2A in the country - Gun Owners of America. 

The anti-2A movement in this country owe the NRA a lot, actually.  It gives them an excuse for their failure to achieve their goals.  It also saves them from more serious problems they'd run into if they were to believe they could actually confiscate the property of their neighbors unconstitutionally.  The sheep in some states may run from a few loud barking media types and just shrug their shoulders but in other states 2A won't go quietly.  

The broader issue here is the dissolution of reason in our governmental bodies.  They all seem to be losing their grip on reality.  Either that or one has to come to the conclusion that they actually are working from the inside to take America down.  

10 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

At first glance it defies logic but guns, gun culture or the values of the NRA are not the problem. In a different gun thread I recently posted a link to a Wikipedia page about an experiment called Rat Park. The experiment showed that unhappy rats with access to drugs will abuse the drugs. It also showed that happy rats with the same access to drugs do not abuse drugs. The difference is are the rats happy or not?

Our society has always had plenty of guns but not the issue with guns we currently have. I believe these mass shootings are a symptom of the overall unhappiness of our society now as opposed to when we didn’t have this issue.

Trying to solve the problem by attacking guns will work because the shootings are a symptom and not the problem. Attacking the NRA or gun culture is the wrong approach asking what about our society that is making people less happy than they used to be is the angle to use.

I don’t want to present a few of the things I think are the real issue but I can look at the difference in my lifestyle and acceptable choices available for me to choose to live and compare that to, let’s say what would have been acceptable to my grandparents and I believe I have some ideas of the direction we need to go to achieve a happier society.

23 hours ago, XenoFish said:

This pretty much spot on. It's a people problem, not a gun problem. A gun is just a tool for a loose cannon to use. Plus California's a wreck. 

Surely a loose cannon would use.. well.. a canon ? :P 

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

What is the "gun grab narrative" ? 

Right wing white men. You know, like the ones with nra stickers on their car windows.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

A simple Google search shows it was widely reported in the media so what point are you trying to make?

• Like 2