Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

San Fran names NRA domestic terror group

and-then

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Do you have any links illustrating the NRA opposing background checks ? :) 

Yup.  Even have links showing that they pressured Trump to reverse course on background checks during this current round of mass shootings.  Their stance on the matter is common knowledge here in the US.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/08/trump-background-checks-nra/596413/

https://www.salon.com/2019/08/09/despite-universal-support-nra-quickly-pressures-president-trump-to-drop-expanded-background-checks/

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/05/nra-spent-1point6-million-lobbying-against-expanded-background-check-laws.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/nra-warns-trump-against-backing-gun-control-background-checks-report-2019-8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Why do you mention the "...current round of mass shootings" ? Background checks wouldn't have prevented them, surely ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Why do you mention the "...current round of mass shootings" ? Background checks wouldn't have prevented them, surely ? 

The guy driving down the street shooting people in Texas was denied a gun purchase because of a failed background check.  He then went on to use the private sales loophole that doesn't require a background check to acquire one.  We can play the "what if" game and claim that background checks would or would not have prevented it.

I know from personal experience that felons can still easily acquire weapons via private sales and even legally register it using a family members name.  That is how much of a joke the current system is.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

NRA 1, San Francisco Board of Supervisors 0

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/nra-sues-san-francisco-city-backs-down/

The NRA sued, and lo and behold, San Francisco is backing down, before the suit even went to court.

In a formal memo to city officials, San Francisco mayor London Breed declared that “no [municipal] department will take steps to restrict any contractor from doing business with the NRA or to restrict City contracting opportunities for any business that has any relationship with the NRA.”

As predicted....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2019 at 10:57 AM, RoofGardener said:

Of course, not.  Since less than 2% of firearms deaths per year are due to long guns of all types and far less than that due to AR/AK types, those pushing for bans know full well it will have no effect.  Enhanced background checks will simply create a new class of felon in the U.S.  People who engage in private sales and ignore the latest feel-good Dem efforts.  That is, unless they go full Beto and decide to confiscate,  THEN it will have a spectacular effect.

That one law would lead to some serious repercussions if any LEO department tried to enforce it.  I'm pushing for my state legislature to go the way of Missouri where these issues are concerned.  Getting ahead of the curve is the best way for states to handle this.  No muss, fuss, or any need for violence.  Just follow the Libs and agree to IGNORE such Federal laws.

Just heard on talk radio that san Francisco has backed it down.

What a totally crap city to live in. Human feces all over the streets and sidewalks, needles all over the ground and sometimes dropped into sewers where traces of the drugs and diseases of the perps came back into the water supply in trace amounts,,, NO problem-o, says San Francisco.

But oh those bad bad NRA people that teach the masses how to protect themselves. Deplorable,

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

But oh those bad bad NRA people that teach the masses how to protect themselves. Deplorable,

Well in fairness they seem to be doing more than that

New Senate Report Alleges NRA Acted As ‘Foreign Asset’ For Russia Before 2016 Election

Edited by Farmer77

1 minute ago, hacktorp said:

Your linked article makes no mention of the NRA that I could see.

Oh hey thanks ....fixed

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Come on Farmer, that doesn't make them a "Terrorist Group". C'mon, what a slap in the face. I'm so glad that the NRA sued them. 

btw, your link does not work

23 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Fake news? :innocent: :rofl:

Edit: Here you go Farmer...

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/27/764879242/nra-was-foreign-asset-to-russia-ahead-of-2016-new-senate-report-reveals

Tax-exempt organizations are barred from using funds for the personal benefit of its officials or for actions significantly outside their stated missions. The revelations in the Senate report raise questions about whether the NRA could face civil penalties or lose its tax-exempt status.

I'd agree if they did something political, outside of the scope of what they are allowed, some kind of punishment needs to occur.

Edited by DieChecker

26 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Come on Farmer, that doesn't make them a "Terrorist Group". C'mon, what a slap in the face. I'm so glad that the NRA sued them. 

I'd agree not terrorist... just political. And not for the side Mueller loving Dems want.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Oh I wasn't saying they're a terrorist group. They're a terrorist group the same as antifa is.....they're not. 

Honestly I do believe they are a force for bad in America though so I have been enjoying watching their demise. 

They have become the second amendments worse enemy IMO 

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

I'd agree not terrorist... just political. And not for the side Mueller loving Dems want.

"Mueller loving Dems" :lol:

Are you auditioning for a spot on 'The Five'? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Honestly I do believe they are a force for bad in America though so I have been enjoying watching their demise. 

Well, Farmer, there are a lot of people like me that think progs and libs are negative forces in America. But should some city government with many like minded people have the right to call them terrorists groups?

Absurd!

Libs are totalitarian bullies. that is very clear. It's their way or the high-way.

14 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, Farmer, there are a lot of people like me that think progs and libs are negative forces in America. But should some city government with many like minded people have the right to call them terrorists groups?

Absurd!

Libs are totalitarian bullies. that is very clear. It's their way or the high-way.

Nah man in a world where antifa gets declared a terrorist organization anything goes!!!!

(Basically I agree with you but perhaps you can now understand why so many of us have been worried about the politicization of our law enforcement and national security apparatus)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

"Mueller loving Dems" :lol:

Are you auditioning for a spot on 'The Five'? 

Adding some drama....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Nah man in a world where antifa gets declared a terrorist organization anything goes!!!!

(Basically I agree with you but perhaps you can now understand why so many of us have been worried about the politicization of our law enforcement and national security apparatus)

Most antifa, IMHO, are just stupid kids. Some are interested adults in whatever event is going on. But there isnt a hydra like organization. Again, IMHO. 

• Like 1