Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

French rooster wins court battle over noise

Still Waters

A French court has ruled in favour of a cockerel owner after her bird's early morning crowing provoked a noise pollution complaint from neighbours.

Maurice, who roosts on the picturesque isle of Oléron off the Atlantic coast, was accused of disturbing a retired couple who own a holiday home nearby.

News of his legal troubles flew around the world, gaining him a flock of supporters.

At a hearing in July, her lawyers had argued the complaint was ridiculous because crowing roosters were part of country life.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49593954

• Like 4

Her permanent home and pet against a couple who own a holiday home? Wth.  Why buy out in the area where there animals and then try to force the permanent resident's lifestyle?  People are getting more and more selfish and self important.  Just ridiculous 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My neighbours, moved here from the city, I have open fields to the side and back of me and literally 5 minutes from being on the moor walking on foot. At the time they moved in, I had rescue hens and a cockerel, I rescued from the local chicken factory of death, they tried to complain that my cockerel was keeping them from sleeping in at the weekends, I told them to move back to the city then... they hated the sound of the pheasants, the smell from the farmers muck spreading, they even wanted me to cut down my fit trees because it blocked their garden from getting the sun all afternoon. Those trees are homes to squirrels and doves, they have masses of small midge type flies living in them that the bats in my loft feed off every evening.. 

They still live next door, very odd couple and miserable as sin.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I wonder how she would of felt living on a farm having to deal with roosters all the time. Would she feel different?