Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Military officer 'shot an alien' back in 1978

UM-Bot

True or not, it is tiresome and pathetic how every time they shoot at or offer violence to the supposed ET on sight. 

Do I think it is true? Not at all. I was in intel and the very idea of one of my officers running amok to protect the base like an SP is ludicrous. Forget the rest of the story :) 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

no idea how this 'not a rockstar' quote window got here????

quoted from article:

The True Story of an Air Force Intelligence Officer's Life with UFOs

true??? oh ok then= good luck with the book sales:sleepy:

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

True or not, it is tiresome and pathetic how every time they shoot at or offer violence to the supposed ET on sight. 

Do I think it is true? Not at all. I was in intel and the very idea of one of my officers running amok to protect the base like an SP is ludicrous. Forget the rest of the story :) 

If aliens ever did show up, I can see shoot first mentality.  Pretty sad to think about 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The next thing he knew, an entity - which he described as slender and grayish-brown in color - stepped out of the darkness in front of his car where it was illuminated by the headlights.

Filer drew his weapon, ordered the creature to freeze, then fired

OMG!  "Freeze!"  :lol:  It doesn't say whether he stopped the car or not.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

If aliens ever did show up, I can see shoot first mentality.  Pretty sad to think about 

I disagree.  What does the lore tell us we can expect if we don't shoot?  Anal probes, abduction, lost time, generations of ones family being harassed.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

anyone can tell a story,,, without proof it means nothing. Therefore folk can say what they want.

I wouldn't buy the book yet those involved (the storyteller, publisher etc) feel it's a good opportunity to earn money.

Who do they feel will spend hard-earned cash on it?= this is an open question

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I disagree.  What does the lore tell us we can expect if we don't shoot?  Anal probes, abduction, lost time, generations of ones family being harassed.  

It depends on whose books you read.  There is also lore that says the aliens are here to help us, teach us, give us technology.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

anyone can tell a story,,, without proof it means nothing. Therefore folk can say what they want.

I wouldn't buy the book yet those involved (the storyteller, publisher etc) feel it's a good opportunity to earn money.

Who do they feel will spend hard-earned cash on it?= this is an open question

:lol:  You would be surprised who will buy this book.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

:lol:  You would be surprised who will buy this book.

actually i wouldn't... that's the point of the question. i know exactly the type who'd buy it.. i'm just waiting for someone else to say it;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It depends on whose books you read.  There is also lore that says the aliens are here to help us, teach us, give us technology.

Like what?  The atom bomb?

• Haha 2

If Aliens are vastly more intelligent then humans and more evolved, how are they susceptible to our weaponry? you would think an Alien could not be killed by being shot, but rather  developed immunity to bullets.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Like what?  The atom bomb?

You haven't read many UFO alien books have you?  Some say they are here to save us from ourselves and convince us to never use atomic bombs or any bombs.  There are even stories that warheads have been disabled by aliens from outer space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

............and "To Serve Man" ?

• Haha 1

Filer drew his weapon, ordered the creature to freeze, then fired.

Typical!

• Haha 3

"The senior master sergeant runs everything, from who sweeps the floors to organizing the staff schedules and making sure phones and faxes are up and running," he said.

"He was agitated; his face was pale and his eyes were wide open."

When Filer asked him whether the creature had come from another country, the sergeant replied:

"No, it was from outer space, a space alien. There are UFOs buzzing around the planet like mad."

:D its a comedy I tell ya.. - and and .. you Americans need to get abroad more.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can see someone panicking and shooting if what they are confronting is beyond their comprehension. And we don't know if what he perceived to be an alien was moving towards him.

As for the book, I'd buy it at maybe a garage or yard sale for 50 cents, just out of curiosity.

• Like 1

I have been to Ft. Dix (was stationed there for 6 weeks) and there is no way this happened without a big noisy newsy flap about it because those people in that area are packed in tight as ants in a hive.  They had farms that are only 1 acre surrounded by houses and businesses.  There is no place to get away from humans in that area.  I'm sure the farmlands are gone now, I was there in the mid 70's.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

If Aliens are vastly more intelligent then humans and more evolved, how are they susceptible to our weaponry? you would think an Alien could not be killed by being shot, but rather  developed immunity to bullets.  

Any physical object is susceptible to another physical object moving at a high speed. Also, it seems most people assume "Greys" and "UFOs" are beings and crewed spacecraft respectively. Why can't either or both be constructs/robots, like we send out to other planets?

Seems to me any reasonable, advanced alien species with the tech to visit other planets would send out robots/probes/whatever. Lastly, we also assume aliens are organic, like us. They may very well have transferred their 'consciousness' into computers/machines ages ago. Exploration could be like a video game to them. Send out robot bodies, download a copy of their consciousness into one, explore, do whatever. If the "body" dies, so what? It's just one of infinite 'lives' just like in a video game.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Any physical object is susceptible to another physical object moving at a high speed. Also, it seems most people assume "Greys" and "UFOs" are beings and crewed spacecraft respectively. Why can't either or both be constructs/robots, like we send out to other planets?

Seems to me any reasonable, advanced alien species with the tech to visit other planets would send out robots/probes/whatever. Lastly, we also assume aliens are organic, like us. They may very well have transferred their 'consciousness' into computers/machines ages ago. Exploration could be like a video game to them. Send out robot bodies, download a copy of their consciousness into one, explore, do whatever. If the "body" dies, so what? It's just one of infinite 'lives' just like in a video game.

Or like the Asgard in the Star Gate show.  And there was a book about that presenting the idea that the greys are biological robots.  That's why they don't have digestive systems.  :alien:

• Like 1

What did that guy think; that the little grey guy was from China or something? This is one of the dumbest stories that I have ever read. If he drew shouted freeze and then shot he is lucky it wasn't a person. That is called murder. At no point there was no threat made so why use lethal force. You can't just shoot on sight someone because they look different or are ugly. Only a mental midget would ever admit to this stupidity if it was true.

As far as aliens being immune to our weapons because they are more advanced...that doesn't work that way. If it did modern man would be immune to thrown rocks.

• Like 2

Some people will say anything to try and sell their books. Do I believe this tale? Absolutely not and this unperson should be charged with murder as well. 

Edited by Berwen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Are we immune to a bear's claws?

• Like 2