Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Member Search - can't re-sort?

ChrLzs

Used to be able to look at members sorted by their post count... but now, I go to Activity, Search, Member Search, run the initial search, and the list appears in alpha order. OK so far..  But then if I use the dropdown to resort by Post Count, Reputation, etc, it just pauses for a second or two, then goes back to the previous page....?

Is it just me?

Added info - I noticed that if I do same as above to get the alpha list and then just try to go to page 2, it does exactly the same - just drops back to previous page.  No error messages, just refuses to work..

Edited by ChrLzs

I've just tried it and can confirm that it doesn't work.

Unfortunately this is one that Invision will need to fix in a future patch.

• Like 1

With the search function in general, I used to have the problem of the error coming up to wait 3 more seconds or more to research even if I waited about 30 seconds inbetween searches. I'm not sure if it was because of a slower connection or not. I would just give up searching half the time because the error wouldn't go away, and I think it might have gave increments increasing over 3 seconds with each attempt.

I just checked it however, and it's not doing it now. Might have been fixed.

45 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

With the search function in general, I used to have the problem of the error coming up to wait 3 more seconds or more to research even if I waited about 30 seconds inbetween searches. I'm not sure if it was because of a slower connection or not. I would just give up searching half the time because the error wouldn't go away, and I think it might have gave increments increasing over 3 seconds with each attempt.

I just checked it however, and it's not doing it now. Might have been fixed.

That's flood control, it prevents the database being overwhelmed by a rapid succession of search operations.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Post Count workaround:

1) From “Search the Community”, select the Member Search bar.

2) Enter “post count” into the search field.  (it can be anything as the point is to get a ‘0 results’ in response (fewer results the better)).

3) Select ‘Post Count’ from “Sort By” (bottom right).

4) Clear search field and hit Enter (you get a different result if you hit "Search Again").

5) Voilà.

Note: it seems that if you try to zip through the process too quickly, it doesn't always work.

Edited by RavenHawk

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Post Count workaround:

1) From “Search the Community”, select the Member Search bar.

2) Enter “post count” into the search field.  (it can be anything as the point is to get a ‘0 results’ in response (fewer results the better)).

3) Select ‘Post Count’ from “Sort By” (bottom right).

4) Clear search field and hit Enter (you get a different result if you hit "Search Again").

5) Voilà.

Note: it seems that if you try to zip through the process too quickly, it doesn't always work.

Thanks RH - clever!  Yes, it does seem to be a 'too much data is loaded to sort' problem.