Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

74-year-old woman has given birth to twins

MissJatti

Congratulations but...

How could they do that. I mean the mother is 74 years old. She could die soon due to old age. Even the father. Sooner than normal them girls will be motherless/fatherless

• Like 5

Still Waters

I'm wondering if the birth turned out to be too much of a shock for her husband, according to the BBC -

"We are incredibly happy," her husband Sitarama Rajarao told BBC Telugu on Thursday, hours after the babies were born.

But just a day later, Mr Rajarao suffered a sudden stroke and is currently being treated in hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49575735

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

joc

According to reports, Mangayamma and her husband of 57 years, Raja Rao, had long given up on their dream of having children after failing to conceive during their younger years.

It wasn't until they consulted IVF expert Dr Sanakkayala Umasankar that they realized that it might not be too late

So, they go to see a fertility doctor so they can finally raise that family they always wanted!  How can some humans be so incredibly stupid?  Being that stupid should be criminal!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Gwynbleidd
22 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

"We are incredibly happy," her husband Sitarama Rajarao told BBC Telugu on Thursday, hours after the babies were born.

But just a day later, Mr Rajarao suffered a sudden stroke and is currently being treated in hospital.

Gosh that poor couple...no wonder the poor fellow had a stroke.  Two lots of screaming babies after 5 decades of peace would do that to anyone.  Poor thing!

At the risk of sounding like a negative nancy, I think they're too old to be parents, but who am I to judge.  It was obviously a dream and I'm happy for that part of it, but ultimately it probably wasn't a good idea at their age.  :( 

• Like 2

Jon the frog

At 74, artificial insemination ? It's just mad...

Desertrat56
6 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Gosh that poor couple...no wonder the poor fellow had a stroke.  Two lots of screaming babies after 5 decades of peace would do that to anyone.  Poor thing!

At the risk of sounding like a negative nancy, I think they're too old to be parents, but who am I to judge.  It was obviously a dream and I'm happy for that part of it, but ultimately it probably wasn't a good idea at their age.  :( 

I remember meeting James Dohan when he was 74 and he had a son the same age as my oldest daughter, who was 14 at the time.  But his wife was my age and he was traveling around going to Star Trek conventions so he wasn't raising his son on his own.

• Like 1

Desertrat56
7 hours ago, MissJatti said:

Congratulations but...

How could they do that. I mean the mother is 74 years old. She could die soon due to old age. Even the father. Sooner than normal them girls will be motherless/fatherless

Didn't you know, 70 is the new 40.  :lol:

• Haha 4

Desertrat56
7 hours ago, MissJatti said:

Congratulations but...

I do have to agree that the doctors did not make a good decision in this one. If she is healthy she could live to be close to 100, so the children will be grown by then, but still, it seems like a bad decision by the doctors.  Especially now that the husband has had a stroke.  She now has 2 infants and a husband to take care of.

• Like 3

Desertrat56

P.S.  anyone who has raised children knows how hard those first years and the teen years are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

qxcontinuum

And this is how lineage syndromes start.

tmcom
21 hours ago, Still Waters said:

I'm wondering if the birth turned out to be too much of a shock for her husband, according to the BBC -

Yep! Two pooping, crying day and night baby's, would drive anyone mad.

21 hours ago, joc said:

So, they go to see a fertility doctor so they can finally raise that family they always wanted!  How can some humans be so incredibly stupid?  Being that stupid should be criminal!

True, and the couple being so selfish raising them to live in a apocalyptic world of no ice creams, artificial steaks and Icelantic palm tree's......shame.

^_^

• Haha 1

curiouse

This woman and the doctors who did this. Are selfish. Unethical. 

Still Waters

Another update. This isn't good news.

World's oldest new parents 'in intensive care' after birth of twin girls in India

According to The Times, Ms Mangayamma has also remained in intensive care since the birth.

The twin girls have not yet been named and are being cared for by the couple's relatives. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/09/13/worlds-oldest-new-parents-intensive-care-birth-twin-girls-india/

I'd already posted about the father, I didn't know the mother was in intensive care too.

Desertrat56

Oh, my.  I don't believe the doctor would not have checked for proof of age.   And if she lied about her age, how young would she have had to lie since the doc knew she had already gone through menopause.  It is still on him.  If a woman has gone through menopause no matter if she is 50 or 70, a pregnancy would be a big health risk.