Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
RoofGardener

New Palestinian Schools Curriculum "radical"

63 posts in this topic

RoofGardener

The Palestinian Authority has recently released a new school curriculum covering all ages of schoolchildren in the West Bank. (and in theory, Gaza). 

It has been analysed by the think-tank IMPACT, and they have concluded that it is increasingly radicalised, removing all refferences to - among other things - peace negotiations with Israel, all maps showing the existence of Israel, and all mention of the "State of Israel". In addition, example questions are dressed up in Jihadist language. 

"Abdul has four hand grenades. Each hand grenade can kill eight Zionist Invaders. How many Zionist Scum can Abdul kill ? ".1

OK.. I made that up, but you get the idea. 

https://www.impact-se.org/wp-content/uploads/Rejection-of-Peace_-Changes-from-Pre-2016-PA-Curricula.pdf

So much for the Palestinian Authority seeking peace. It is training its children to hate Jews, and to kill them. 

There was a famous saying... "We will have peace when the Arabs learn to love their children more than they hate the Jews". Well, it looks like we won't be having peace any time in the near future.

Notes; 

(1) The correct answer is 38. That is 32 with the hand grenades, and four with the AK-47 he had hidden in his shoe.  

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 4

Phaeton80

:mellow: Is this meant to be funny in any way?

So much for the Palestinian Authority seeking peace. It is training its children to hate Jews, and to kill them. 

Utter tendentious nonsense, which equates to anti Semetical slander (thats right, Palestinians are in fact Semites). No where in the text is the hating or killing of Jews mentioned, alluded to, or implied.

You know it takes a special kind of arrogance to label the removal of some references to a militarily oppressing, occupying foreign power (lets not forget that) - and all the window dressing peace negortiations and / or historical facts of said occupier - as 'training to hate / desire to kill as well as proof of not seeking peace'. One of the main examples used is the removal of a statement expecting 'a new epoch of peaceful co existence' in regards to the signing of the Oslo I accord. Which is, ofcourse, completely rational given the clearcut fact there wasnt a new epoch of peaceful co existence after that treaty was signed [1993!].. at all.

Also, your disgustingly inappropriate, unbecoming, vitriolic attempt at being funny (again) with the example question is exceedingly sad, silly, shameful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

third_eye

Despicable if not outright deplorable, the witch was right after all... 

~

and then
On 9/6/2019 at 6:33 AM, RoofGardener said:

It's just another example of the mindset of the Palestinian leadership.  The only peace they are interested in is the peace they think they'll have when every Jew is dead or displaced.  Some of them even say so (in Arabic).  So Israel should take the same tack with them.  No peace for them but the peace of the grave.  It's all Palestinians will ever know anyway.  Even if they "won" and got all that land returned to them and all Jews removed from it, they'd still be killing each other over it.  It's what they ARE.  It is their reason for existence.  They are the tip of the spear when it comes to the cult of death.  

• Like 2

RoofGardener
6 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

:mellow: Is this meant to be funny in any way?

Utter tendentious nonsense, which equates to anti Semetical slander (thats right, Palestinians are in fact Semites). No where in the text is the hating or killing of Jews mentioned, alluded to, or implied.

You know it takes a special kind of arrogance to label the removal of some references to a militarily oppressing, occupying foreign power (lets not forget that) - and all the window dressing peace negortiations and / or historical facts of said occupier - as 'training to hate / desire to kill as well as proof of not seeking peace'. One of the main examples used is the removal of a statement expecting 'a new epoch of peaceful co existence' in regards to the signing of the Oslo I accord. Which is, ofcourse, completely rational given the clearcut fact there wasnt a new epoch of peaceful co existence after that treaty was signed [1993!].. at all.

Also, your disgustingly inappropriate, unbecoming, vitriolic attempt at being funny (again) with the example question is exceedingly sad, silly, shameful.

Amazing. Utterly amazing. 

Your ability to ignore facts is remarkable, bordering on psychosis. 

Oh.. as for the "failure" of the Oslo Accords; of COURSE they failed. The PLO sabotaged them. Heck, they betrayed them even before they had started. They welched on the Letters of Recognition, the foundations of the subsequent 'agreements'. 

The PLO takes sole responsibility for the "failure" of the Oslo accords. They can't blame it on Israel, or the USA, or giant invisible lobsters. It failed because they WANTED it to fail. Indeed, they NEEDED it to fail. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 3

Phaeton80

Amazing. Utterly amazing. 

Your ability to ignore facts is remarkable, bordering on psychosis. 

So thats the brunt of your response. Swell.

You then proceed to throw caps around concerning the cause of the Oslo I failure, which is completely besides the point, completely irrelevant in this context.

If you'd like to respond on content, let me know.

and then
1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

To what POSSIBLE purpose?  Shills don't engage, they FIRE.  It's pointless but I guess it does give you and SSaL a chance to thoroughly own your hate.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

and then
15 hours ago, and then said:

To what POSSIBLE purpose?  Shills don't engage, they FIRE.  It's pointless but I guess it does give you and SSaL a chance to thoroughly own your hate.

But, the times, they are a changin':

Ahmad al-Jaralah, a leading Kuwaiti newspaper editor, was even more blunt, saying:

"The Palestinian cause is no longer an Arab concern. We fund the Palestinians, and they respond by cursing us and behaving badly. The Arabs and Muslims no longer applaud the Palestinians. We should not be ashamed to establish relations with Israel."

Edited by and then

RoofGardener
17 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

So thats the brunt of your response. Swell.

You then proceed to throw caps around concerning the cause of the Oslo I failure, which is completely besides the point, completely irrelevant in this context.

If they are completely irrelevant, then why did YOU mention them ? 

Your floccinaucinihilipilification of the IMPACT-se report perfectly illustrates your refusal - or psychological inability - to debate the topic. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Phaeton80
16 hours ago, and then said:

:D Seems we got two emotional Zionists on our hands.. why dont you two sidekicks calm down a wee bit. Couple of things spring to mind here..

A. the absolute uncanny similarity of your and RG's use of wording, use of caps, as well as agressive extremist, zealot stance regarding certain subjects.. remarkable! 

B. everyone with eyes to see knows excessively well no one even comes close to fuelling hate like you two do. Countering the slanderous toxic, hateful rhetoric against anything Islamic does not equate thesame.

• Thanks 2

Phaeton80
2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

If they are completely irrelevant, then why did YOU mention them ? 

Your floccinaucinihilipilification of the IMPACT-se report perfectly illustrates your refusal - or psychological inability - to debate the topic. 

Allright, so before trying to insult someone with 'psychological inability', it might be a good idea to check for errors on your side.. you know, (mis)understanding someone elses point.

The reason for the Oslo I / Declaration of Principles accord's failure is irrelevant (and most certainly not one sided like you want to subjectively portray), what is relevant about it is the fact it failed, miserably. Given this is quite obviously the case, it would be rather pointless, ridiculous even, to still be 'expecting a new epoch of peaceful co existence' in regards to the signing of thesame Oslo I. As such, it is extremely rational to remove such a text. This was and is my point, thought it was pretty obvious, guess not.

• Like 1

Phaeton80

Oh and 'member this nuanced, objective, well balanced gem of yours? Ofcourse you do.

It is training its children to hate Jews, and to kill them. 

Lets have a look..

afplive254935.jpg?itok=qbARkLYq&timestam

And as were in a thread talking about inciting hate in children and all, lets take a wee peak at how Israeli school books depict Palestinians, shall we? Heres what Nurit Peled Elhanan -  a professor of language and education at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, human rights activist and Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought laureate -  found when looking into exactly that:

At the height of Israel’s brutal 2008-09 assault on the Gaza Strip, then-foreign minister Tzipi Livni claimed that “Palestinians teach their children to hate us and we teach love thy neighbor”  In an important new book, Palestine in Israeli School Books, Israeli language and education professor Nurit Peled Elhanan buries the second part of Livni’s myth once and for all.

Peled-Elhanan examines 17 Israeli school textbooks on history, geography and civic studies. Her conclusions are an indictment of the Israeli system of indoctrination and its cultivation of anti-Arab racism from an early age: “The books studied here harness the past to the benefit of the … Israeli policy of expansion, whether they were published during leftist or right-wing [education] ministries” (224). She goes into great detail, examining and exposing the sometimes complex and subtle ways this is achieved. Her expertise in semiotics (the study of signs and symbols) comes to the fore.

Inculcation of anti-Palestinian ideology in the minds of Israel’s youth is achieved in the books through the use of exclusion and absence: “none of the textbooks studied here includes, whether verbally or visually, any positive cultural or social aspect of Palestinian life-world: neither literature nor poetry, neither history nor agriculture, neither art nor architecture, neither customs nor traditions are ever mentioned” (49). With reference to previous studies of Israeli school textbooks, Peled-Elhanan finds that, despite some signs of improvement in the 1990s, the more recent books she examined have if anything got worse. The issue of the Nakba, the forced expulsion of Palestinians from their homeland in 1948, is for the most part not ignored, but instead justified.

For example, in all the books mentioning Deir Yassin, the massacre is justified because: “the slaughter of friendly Palestinians brought about the flight of other Palestinians which enabled the establishment of a coherent Jewish state” — a result so self-evidently good it doesn’t need explaining (178). Contrary to the hope of previous studies “for ‘the appearance of a new narrative in [Israeli] history textbooks’ … some of the most recent school books (2003-09) regress to the ‘first generation’ [1950s] accounts — when archival information was less accessible — and are, like them ‘replete with bias, prejudice, errors, [and] misrepresentations’ ” (228).

Oh and look, IMPACT - that authoritative, independant 'thinktank' you referred to in the OP - has apparantly even attacked her conclusions.. what a surprise!

"The Institute for Monitoring Peace and Cultural Tolerance in School Education criticized Peled-Elhanan's paper, "The Presentation of Palestinians in Israeli Schoolbooks of History and Geography 1998–2003", which was based on seven schoolbooks, for being "highly selective [in its] use of source material, leaving out all references which contradict [its] thesis," "[a] deliberate misinterpretation of facts" and "naccurate, distorted, and even downright [based on] false evidence." The author Arnon Groiss concluded that "Peled-Ehanan's claim regarding this point is clearly false ... This heavily politicized and thus biased approach distorts the material to produce a picture to her liking." Groiss further criticized the work of Peled-Elhanan for stretching the definition of racism to include cases that researchers would normally categorize as ethnocentrism. To date, the paper has not been published by scholarly journals.[9]

Well I guess she's just a Palestinian paid, anti Semetical / self hating shill trying to misrepresent the situation, right? Unlike 'IMPACT', ofcourse. Ah yet again.. the shrewd, massively funded machinations of the Pally propaganda machine permeate the interwebs, its everywhere! Anti Semites!

:mellow:

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RoofGardener

That is not how history works, Phaeton80. I'll grant you that most countries tend to minimise failures .. or rather.. their politicians tend to. However, historians - and school curriculums - don't. We learned about Suez at school, and the slave trade, and the revolution of the ungrateful colonialists in New Amsterdam. 

You do NOT 'airbrush' all attempts at peace from the curriculum. That is just WRONG. Surely you must agree with this ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

third_eye

Let's just see which one of the truth seekers here has the guts to touch this and watch from first to the last of this confession... 

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

odas
4 hours ago, and then said:

But, the times, they are a changin':

Ahmad al-Jaralah, a leading Kuwaiti newspaper editor, was even more blunt, saying:

"The Palestinian cause is no longer an Arab concern. We fund the Palestinians, and they respond by cursing us and behaving badly. The Arabs and Muslims no longer applaud the Palestinians. We should not be ashamed to establish relations with Israel."

Who cares? The Ayrabs never cared for Palestinians anyway, unless they have to gain something. As for muslims not caring.....every rightous muslim, christian, jew, atheist cares about the Palestinians and what has been done to them by the facist government in Israel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and then
3 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

no one even comes close to fuelling hate like you two do

If that's what you call being honest about a death cult then yeah, guilty as charged.  Only a fool would buy in to the rubbish you guys spew and the excuses you make for the atrocities within that "religion".  Believe whatever you wish but you shouldn't expect people to believe you over their own "lying eyes".  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

and then
2 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Ah yet again.. the shrewd, massively funded machinations of the Pally propaganda machine permeate the interwebs, its everywhere! Anti Semites!

Unique?  Not really:

https://doctorbulldog.wordpress.com/2007/05/07/mickey-mouse-character-spreads-hamas-hatred/

https://www.investigativeproject.org/4394/guest-column-palestinian-tv-teaches-kids-the-way 

You post an example of an outlier and I can post proof of a SYSTEMATIC propaganda effort to poison the minds of children, to dehumanize Jews just for being Jews.  And you seem to think there is an equivalency.  Perhaps because you agree with the Palestinian efforts?  Disgusting but unsurprising.  Again, I don't care how sick you choose to be on this issue but save me the "explanations" for WHY you do so.  I don't care.  I can see you for what you are and so does everyone else here who cares about the issue.

• Thanks 1

Phaeton80
7 minutes ago, and then said:

If that's what you call being honest about a death cult then yeah, guilty as charged.  Only a fool would buy in to the rubbish you guys spew and the excuses you make for the atrocities within that "religion".  Believe whatever you wish but you shouldn't expect people to believe you over their own "lying eyes".  

Apologies, but I can only laugh at that.. mr. Inver sion.

Maybe you should tone down on calling other people fools, and up the actual fact checking.. you know, instead of religiously based blind support of a massively powerful political entity, more or less idolizing it.
Try to curb your raging, unrivalled bias for once in your life, and try to gain a balanced view of the subject at hand..

But you and I know thats never going to happen, is it.

• Like 2

and then
2 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Because it's #NOT ALL MUSLIMS?  I've never said it was.  That doesn't matter though.  You and a couple of others here simply ignore that and keep posting your pronouncements of my beliefs.  My bad, it's only a 150 million around the globe who want Islam to rule supreme, regardless of what the citizens of any given nation desire.  Also, I'm not "raging".  I'm stone cold dedicated in my stance toward those who desire to enforce their worldview upon me and mine.  I think of them with the same calculating design that I would any other wild beast that threatened my life or the lives of my loved ones.  As best as I'm able, when they come to force me or mine, I will see them exterminated.  Call that whatever you wish, doesn't matter to me at all.  

• Thanks 1

Phaeton80

Fascinating family, the Peleds..

Israeli Army general's son Miko Peled, the respected international peace campaigner, describes the deliberate bombing campaign by the Israeli Air Force against the schoolchildren of Gaza.

Born in Jerusalem in 1961, Miko Peled grew up in Motza Illit to a prominent Zionist family; his grandfather, Avraham Katsnelson, signed Israel’s Declaration of Independence.[1][3] His father, Mattityahu Peled, fought in the 1948 war, and served as a general in the war of 1967; later, after the Israeli cabinet ignored his investigation of a 1967 alleged Israeli war crime, he became an advocate for an Israeli dialogue with the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz58_gtVWh4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

odas
3 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Apologies, but I can only laugh at that.. mr. Inver sion.

Maybe you should tone down on calling other people fools, and up the actual fact checking.. you know, instead of religiously based blind support of a massively powerful political entity, more or less idolizing it.
Try to curb your raging, unrivalled bias for once in your life, and try to gain a balanced view of the subject at hand..

Balance is not a strength of radicals. 

What I want to see is a state of Israel and a state of Palestine, not only side by side, but as brothers living together.

This will not happen as long as we have this status quou with facists in power on both sides. And the longer this bs continues the less likely peace will prevail.

Israel has way too much support by the biblical end of timers (and they call Islam a death cult haha ).

The arabs are playing a dirty game, as usual, going back and fort, supporting and then unsupporting Hamas.

All this, the outsiders, do not give a rats but t about the palestinians and israelies, about muslims, christians or jews, as long as their little murderous prophecis and horses in the game win or come true.

I said it so many times and I will say it again, jews and muslims in particular are not enemies. It is the idiots outside the area who cheer on the casulties on either side. For them, it is only a game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

and then
2 hours ago, odas said:

Israel has way too much support by the biblical end of timers (and they call Islam a death cult haha ).

The difference, Odas, is that I challenge you to find an evangelical sect that espouses the destruction of Muslims for the sake of CAUSING Christ to return.  I'm totally unaware of such but would gladly investigate it if you can produce them.  In Islam, the Shia Twelvers do precisely that with Jews and Christians.  They believe that their "rightly guided one" will only return once the world is in apocalyptic chaos so they work to bring this about.  

I believe that Christ made it clear with His own words that WHEN He returned, IF He delayed any longer, no flesh would be saved alive on the planet.  That is quite different than what Muslim Twelvers believe.  We are specifically told that we cannot know the day or hour and by extension we cannot CAUSE Him to do ANYTHING.

So, cite the scriptures that tell Christians to kill Muslims to cause Jesus to return.  I'm waiting.

odas
45 minutes ago, and then said:

The difference, Odas, is that I challenge you to find an evangelical sect that espouses the destruction of Muslims for the sake of CAUSING Christ to return.  I'm totally unaware of such but would gladly investigate it if you can produce them.  In Islam, the Shia Twelvers do precisely that with Jews and Christians.  They believe that their "rightly guided one" will only return once the world is in apocalyptic chaos so they work to bring this about.  

I believe that Christ made it clear with His own words that WHEN He returned, IF He delayed any longer, no flesh would be saved alive on the planet.  That is quite different than what Muslim Twelvers believe.  We are specifically told that we cannot know the day or hour and by extension we cannot CAUSE Him to do ANYTHING.

So, cite the scriptures that tell Christians to kill Muslims to cause Jesus to return.  I'm waiting.

Shia muslims make 10% of muslims.

You also have the term "muslim" not qiuet right again. Maybe it is time for you to understand that anyone who submits to the one God IS a muslim. That what muslim means.

As for you dare, well, in that term, muslims would fall under unbelievers in this case, together with all the others who do not say that Jesus is the son of god. And what is going to happen to unbelievers according to the bible?

So, nice try, but that is all it is.

I think it is time, in 2019, to  use reason instead of prophecies made who knows when by who knows whom.

You took offence by my post but it is not about you, me, christians, muslims or jews. It is about innocent children who suffer, on all sides, because of radicals from all sides.

Instead of thinking on the most vulnerable, our children, their future, some are playing games, some that should not even have a say in this matter.

• Thanks 1

and then
4 hours ago, odas said:

And what is going to happen to unbelievers according to the bible?

You make no distinction between what GOD says He will do versus what Muslims are told to do by their god?  Sober up.  Christians aren't the ones slaughtering children in Muslim countries, either.  That'd be YOUR faith community doing that.  

RoofGardener
13 hours ago, odas said:

Who cares? The Ayrabs never cared for Palestinians anyway, unless they have to gain something. As for muslims not caring.....every rightous muslim, christian, jew, atheist cares about the Palestinians and what has been done to them by the facist government in Israel.

"... every righteous muslim...."

Every "righteous" muslim hates the Jews. That is a scriptural mandate. That often translates into supporting the "Palestinian cause", on the ground that - at the moment - it is the thing that does most harm to Israel. 

Make no mistake; if Hamas/Hezbollah magically got its wishes, and Israel ceased to exist, then the "Palestinians" would immediately become Jordanians, Syrians and Egyptians. The muslim world would NOT permit the creation of a new nation of Palestine. Instead, the territory would be divvied out between the three Arab/Muslim powers, just as was intended in 1948. 

As for "..christians, jews, atheist" ... if they live in any of the surrounding countries, they would be too busy being suppressed and murdered to worry too much about the fate of the Palestinians. 

• Thanks 2