Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We might be able to reverse signs of ageing

Eldorado

"Scientists might be able to reverse process of ageing, a new study may suggest.

"Volunteers who were given a cocktail of drugs for a year actually aged backwards, losing an average of 2.5 years of their biological ages, according to the new study.

"The research showed that the marks on their genomes that represent their “epigenetic clock“, as well as their immune systems, actually improved despite the passing of time."

Full story at the UK Independent: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/biological-clock-ageing-turn-back-reverse-study-new-a9094261.html

"First hint that body’s ‘biological age’ can be reversed"

At Nature dot com: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02638-w

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Eldorado said:

"Scientists might be able to reverse process of ageing, a new study may suggest.

"Volunteers who were given a cocktail of drugs for a year actually aged backwards, losing an average of 2.5 years of their biological ages, according to the new study.

"The research showed that the marks on their genomes that represent their “epigenetic clock“, as well as their immune systems, actually improved despite the passing of time."

Full story at the UK Independent: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/biological-clock-ageing-turn-back-reverse-study-new-a9094261.html

Scientists have already reversed aging in several species including mice. Immorality is simply waiting for us to take the techniques from those experiments and apply them to humans. If it is started today it will take an estimated 50 years before we can sign off on it.

The Current State of the Research

We know that NAD+ is increased when we are going through starvation. We also know there are limits on how much vitamin B3 we can turn into NAD+ (unless we consume some rare forms of it). And that consuming those rare forms of vitamin B3 causes our cellular levels of NAD+ to skyrocket (although they are expensive).

The current research says the NAD+ inside our cells controls our cellular repair mechanisms. What I am going to suggest might sound odd. But lets start by looking at the following diagram of how our cells produce energy and use NAD+.

The Citric Acid Cycle

Here is a good one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citric_acid_cycle#/media/File:Citric_acid_cycle_with_aconitate_2.svg

Pyruvate (top-left) is basically the energy that comes from the sugar, carbs, fats, proteins, and alcohols which we consume in our diets. It goes into your cells, gets combined with NAD+ that comes from the liver, and some other compounds to to produce Acetyl-CoA.

Acetyl-CoA then gets fed into the Citric Acid Cycle where it is combined with Oxaloacetate and water to produce Citrate. That is Citric Acid, the same substance found in lemons. The Citric Acid Cycle then commences with our cells burning Citric Acid as their energy source. That cycle produces the vast majority of your cellular energy needs.

There are several steps around the Citric Acid Cycle where more NAD+ from our livers enters in, but our livers are the limiting factor in its production. Only a small amount of regular vitamin B3 is turned into NAD+ by our livers before further NAD+ production gets turned off.

Rare and expensive forms of vitamin B3 bypass the livers `NAD+ production off switch` meaning it reaches your cells. That causes large amounts of energy production and cellular repair de-aging our cells. You can buy NMN or NR forms of vitamin B3 but at the dose you need, and the cost of that dose, it isn't happening unless you are rich.

So our livers only produce enough NAD+ for cellular energy production, and to repair 99% of normal metabolic damage, instead of over producing it to cause our cells to de-age. Thankfully we can hack the Citric Acid cycle as follows:

Quinolinic Acid: Have you heard the research saying that coffee drinkers live longer? Have you wondered why? Well coffee contains Quinolinic Acid and that goes directly into the Citric Acid Cycle in place of Acetyl-CoA. With a large amount of citric acid then assembled inside our cells the Citric Acid Cycle is forced causing our livers to lift the bar on NAD+ production. You will need to be drinking cups of black coffee with 20 spoons in (so stick to the de-café). Thats a lot cheaper than rare forms of vitamin B3.

Citric Acid: Cheaper still is to consume Citric Acid (brush your teeth afterwards). Most supermarkets cell concentrated lemon juice high in Citric Acid. I hope you like the stuff as you will be drinking a good bottle of it a day to de-age. It makes our level produce higher levels of NAD+ too.

Oxaloacetate or Citric Acid Supplements: A bit more expensive but these do the same thing.

And if you are going to increase the livers production levels of NAD+ make sure you have an appropriate niacin supplement, or niacin rich diet, so the liver can produce the extra NAD+. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

The article seems to indicate that this was not really a very scientific study.  No control group and only 9 people in the study.  I would like to know 5 years from now whether those 9 people are still alive and healthy and if not still alive, why they died.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2019 at 11:16 AM, Desertrat56 said:

The article seems to indicate that this was not really a very scientific study.  No control group and only 9 people in the study.  I would like to know 5 years from now whether those 9 people are still alive and healthy and if not still alive, why they died.

While it is interesting, it is this all the way. 

• Like 1

It is known already, everyone can buy gh grow hormones online.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2019 at 10:48 PM, Eldorado said:

I suspect if this were true it wouldn't have been made public. Big Business would have purchased the formula to control the cost distribution. In addition I don't think the claims are factual, it appears there wasn't enough research done to make these claims.

i suppose we will have to wait and see what happens.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

For some reason your links don't appear to work.

• Haha 1

I think I red somewhere that you could reveres aging by a complete blood transfusion with the blood from someone younger.

On 9/6/2019 at 3:40 PM, RabidMongoose said:

Scientists have already reversed aging in several species including mice. Immorality is simply waiting for us to take the techniques from those experiments and apply them to humans. If it is started today it will take an estimated 50 years before we can sign off on it.

Why do we have to wait 50 years for immorality?!  I'm already half a century old - by a hundred I'll be far too decrepit to appreciate the new age of drunken debauchery.  Speed up your clever research and bring it on NOW!

On a serious note: please excuse an amateur dipping his toe in the ocean of knowledge, but isn't there something about telomeres shortening at each cell-division, dictating the maximum number of duplications and therefore the ultimate life span of the organism?  If there's truth in this can the chemistry you've described really offer immortality?  Also: what about catastrophic damage to DNA?  If both strands are damaged and there's nothing 'readable' to build a copy from I understand that the body patches up the gap any way it can but this significantly increases the risk of mutations replicating into cancers.  

I think (again, utter amateur here with no real concept of the difficulties involved) nanotechnology offers a better route to immortality.  I imagine that one day each cell in our body will contain a tiny computer monitoring its structure and activity.  Effectively a second nucleus, but without the need to duplicate and without all the junk DNA this one will have a simpler job.  It will have a map of the cell and all its structures, and its nanobots will constantly scan for damage that the cell isn't fixing automatically.  It will then jump in and repair what needs to be done, even maybe extending the telomeres back to their original length.  Is that impossible?

1 hour ago, It's Just An Opinion said:

I think I red somewhere that you could reveres aging by a complete blood transfusion with the blood from someone younger.

I fear that research was done by the same 'doctors' who think you can cure AIDS by sleeping with a virgin.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, It's Just An Opinion said:

That is theoretically impossible, blood can't stop, slow down, or reverse the aging process. While the  hypothalamus was known to regulate important processes including growth, development, reproduction and metabolism. In a 2013 Nature paper, Einstein researchers made the surprising finding that the hypothalamus also regulates aging throughout the body. Now, the scientists have pinpointed the cells in the hypothalamus that control aging: a tiny population of adult neural stem cells. 

Here is a link that go's into much more detail, part of the above was taken from this site.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/07/170726132107.htm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Why do we have to wait 50 years for immorality?!  I'm already half a century old - by a hundred I'll be far too decrepit to appreciate the new age of drunken debauchery.  Speed up your clever research and bring it on NOW!

On a serious note: please excuse an amateur dipping his toe in the ocean of knowledge, but isn't there something about telomeres shortening at each cell-division, dictating the maximum number of duplications and therefore the ultimate life span of the organism?  If there's truth in this can the chemistry you've described really offer immortality?  Also: what about catastrophic damage to DNA?  If both strands are damaged and there's nothing 'readable' to build a copy from I understand that the body patches up the gap any way it can but this significantly increases the risk of mutations replicating into cancers.  

I think (again, utter amateur here with no real concept of the difficulties involved) nanotechnology offers a better route to immortality.  I imagine that one day each cell in our body will contain a tiny computer monitoring its structure and activity.  Effectively a second nucleus, but without the need to duplicate and without all the junk DNA this one will have a simpler job.  It will have a map of the cell and all its structures, and its nanobots will constantly scan for damage that the cell isn't fixing automatically.  It will then jump in and repair what needs to be done, even maybe extending the telomeres back to their original length.  Is that impossible?

I fear that research was done by the same 'doctors' who think you can cure AIDS by sleeping with a virgin.

I think that nanotechnology could sometime in the future be used to correct aging and many other problems. However recently it was discovered that the Hypothalamus regulates aging throughout the body. For more on this check the link in my post below yours.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Growth Hormone produces a minor de-aging effect then stops.

And in adults taking it for an extended period of time (or in repeated high doses) makes them look weird. It makes peoples hands, feet, noses, jaws, and tongues grow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

You dont have to wait half a century.

The science is done on other species and waiting to go. The thing is though, scientists like to test things on humans first so if we started that today it would be 50 years before the experimental findings are signed off.

Scientists have de-aged mice by increasing their NAD+, by giving them injections of sex hormones, by developing a vaccine which causes their immune systems to attack old cells, and by giving them blood transfusions of youthful blood.

They even found if they knocked out the ability of mice to produce insulin (requiring a special no sugar diet too) then they lived 10x longer than normal. Is a no sugar/carb/alcohol diet possible in humans? Those Meal Replacements do exist.

The shortening of telomeres (whether that be a cause or effect of aging) reverses with NAD+, injections of sex hormones, and blood transfusions. The vaccine injections kills of cells with shortening telomeres. The funny thing about that mouse vaccine is its on sale for $120.00 if you know where to look, is confirmed to work on human tissue in the petri dish, but as far as I`m aware hasn't been injected into a person yet.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You dont have to wait half a century.

The science is done on other species and waiting to go. The thing is though, scientists like to test things on humans first so if we started that today it would be 50 years before the experimental findings are signed off.

Scientists have de-aged mice by increasing their NAD+, by giving them injections of sex hormones, by developing a vaccine which causes their immune systems to attack old cells, and by giving them blood transfusions of youthful blood.

They even found if they knocked out the ability of mice to produce insulin (requiring a special no sugar diet too) then they lived 10x longer than normal. Is a no sugar/carb/alcohol diet possible in humans? Those Meal Replacements do exist.

The shortening of telomeres (whether that be a cause or effect of aging) reverses with NAD+, injections of sex hormones, and blood transfusions. The vaccine injections kills of cells with shortening telomeres. The funny thing about that mouse vaccine is its on sale for $120.00 if you know where to look, is confirmed to work on human tissue in the petri dish, but as far as I`m aware hasn't been injected into a person yet.

This is not only dangerous, but it's also foolish. None of the above will stop or reverse the aging process in humans. Everything in your post is the same kind of Snake Oil science used in the 19th century. The Brain controls the aging process in humans and   Neural Stem cells are what gives the brain this control.

This is proven not conjecture, and please don't share your source for that vaccine with anyone. Doing so could make you an accomplice to any harm that some one could receive from this outlandish treatment

Oh and by the way, transfusions of young blood has nothing to do with aging, you have been watching to many Vampire movies.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

This is not only dangerous, but it's also foolish. None of the above will stop or reverse the aging process in humans. Everything in your post is the same kind of Snake Oil science used in the 19th century. The Brain controls the aging process in humans and   Neural Stem cells are what gives the brain this control.

This is proven not conjecture, and please don't share your source for that vaccine with anyone. Doing so could make you an accomplice to any harm that some one could receive from this outlandish treatment

Oh and by the way, transfusions of young blood has nothing to do with aging, you have been watching to many Vampire movies.

All of the above have been demonstrated under lab conditions to de-age mice.

If you refresh your main page you will see even today a new article is up where scientists have managed to de-age 9 humans using a cocktail of growth hormone and two diabetes drugs. If you dig a little deeper you will find that growth hormone gets turned into sex hormones inside our bodies. Insulin blocks this which is the reason for the inclusion of metformin (to reduce insulin production). With the other diabetes drug that boosts the production of specific sex hormones from human growth hormone producing the de-aging affect they were after. In mice they directly injected those sex hormones into them and it de-aged them. They carried on and de-aged them all the way back to youth and a Nobel Prize was issued to the two scientists that did it.

As regards the vaccine it targets the PK-16 gene which is expressed on the surface of senescent cells (old aged cells). That gene exists in mice cells as well as humans. So the immune system of the mouse is primed to attack its old-aged cells. That vaccine does indeed work on human tissue in the petri-dish but they haven't moved to giving a human the injection yet. Thats yet to come, and if there are side-effects I`m sure they will develop alternative vaccinations until they find a safe one.

Youthful blood contains a different hormone profile than old organisms blood and therefore transfusions of younger blood does indeed de-age an organism. That has been done in mice and this research article discusses the step up to trying it on humans https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5836258/. This isn't without question it has been done in mice. The youthful hormone profile of the young blood causes tissue around the body to de-age to the age of the younger mouse that the blood transfusion came from.

Please actually try researching things before replying and claiming others dont know what they are talking about. Otherwise you will just embarrass yourself further.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

All of the above have been demonstrated under lab conditions to de-age mice.

If you refresh your main page you will see even today a new article is up where scientists have managed to de-age 9 humans using a cocktail of growth hormone and two diabetes drugs. If you dig a little deeper you will find that growth hormone gets turned into sex hormones inside our bodies. Insulin blocks this which is the reason for the inclusion of metformin (to reduce insulin production). With the other diabetes drug that boosts the production of specific sex hormones from human growth hormone producing the de-aging affect they were after. In mice they directly injected those sex hormones into them and it de-aged them. They carried on and de-aged them all the way back to youth and a Nobel Prize was issued to the two scientists that did it.

As regards the vaccine it targets the PK-16 gene which is expressed on the surface of senescent cells (old aged cells). That gene exists in mice cells as well as humans. So the immune system of the mouse is primed to attack its old-aged cells. That vaccine does indeed work on human tissue in the petri-dish but they haven't moved to giving a human the injection yet. Thats yet to come, and if there are side-effects I`m sure they will develop alternative vaccinations until they find a safe one.

Youthful blood contains a different hormone profile than old organisms blood and therefore transfusions of younger blood does indeed de-age and organism. That has been done in mice and this research article discusses the step up to trying it on humans https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5836258/. This isn't without question it has been done in mice. The youthful hormone profile of the young blood causes tissue around the body to de-age to the age of the younger mouse that the blood transfusion came from.

Please actually try researching things before replying and claiming others dont know what they are talking about. Otherwise you will just embarrass yourself further.

I never make comments without doing research, I am not embarrassed because of  my comments. 

Here is the reasearch I have done on the aging process, and it clearly disputes what you are saying. 

Please read this https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/07/170726132107.htm

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I never make comments without doing research, I am not embarrassed because my comments. 

Here is the reasearch I have done on the aging process, and it clearly disputes what you are saying. 

Please read this https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/07/170726132107.htm

You claimed what I said was nonsense without researching into whether or not it actually was.

Your own research into other forms of de-aging might well be valid, but that is not an invalidation of what I posted. So next time do your research please.

Edited by RabidMongoose

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

You claimed what I said was nonsense without researching into whether or not it actually was.

Your own research into other forms of de-aging might well be valid, but that is not an invalidation of what I posted. So next time do your research please.

You clearly don't even understand how foolish your comments are. Transfusing the blood of young people, priming the immune system to destroy aged cells, and using a vaccine to effect genetic material to destroy old cells.

The human brain and stem cells produced in it control the production of rapid new cellular growth, unless the vaccine your talking about reproduces stem cells it can't accelerate new cell production.

Its very difficult to take what you call research at face value, when you really have no concept of how genetics even works or what powers the process. 

I think you should buy that vaccine, and use it on yourself for a few months. Then start a thread and report the results, I think that would be a very interesting experiment. Since you are convinced that it will reverse the aging process in humans.

Have a wonderful night

20 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You clearly don't even understand how foolish your comments are. Transfusing the blood of young people, priming the immune system to destroy aged cells, and using a vaccine to effect genetic material to destroy old cells.

The human brain and stem cells produced in it control the production of rapid new cellular growth, unless the vaccine your talking about reproduces stem cells it can't accelerate new cell production.

Its very difficult to take what you call research at face value, when you really have no concept of how genetics even works or what powers the process. 

I think you should buy that vaccine, and use it on yourself for a few months. Then start a thread and report the results, I think that would be a very interesting experiment. Since you are convinced that it will reverse the aging process in humans.

Have a wonderful night

You are now going onto ignore.

On the topic of vampirism where drinking the blood of 16 year old virgins exists in mythology will that turn out to be something?

No one has narrowed down the specific hormones involved de-aging tissue from blood transfusion experiments, and for all we know those specific hormones might survive stomach acid.

18 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Growth Hormone produces a minor de-aging effect then stops.

And in adults taking it for an extended period of time (or in repeated high doses) makes them look weird. It makes peoples hands, feet, noses, jaws, and tongues grow.

Acromegaly. (The abnormal growth that you mentioned.)

Former wrestler Big John Studd comes to mind reading your reply.

According to a friend and fellow wrestler, his doctors say the abuse of GH reshaped his skeleton and may have been responsible for the tumors that eventually led to his death.

:(

• Like 2

''The research could also lead to treatments capable of reversing aging in healthy individuals''

Correction : ''reversing aging for wealthy individuals''

• Like 2

On 9/7/2019 at 11:56 PM, Manwon Lender said:

That is theoretically impossible, blood can't stop, slow down, or reverse the aging process. While the  hypothalamus was known to regulate important processes including growth, development, reproduction and metabolism. In a 2013 Nature paper, Einstein researchers made the surprising finding that the hypothalamus also regulates aging throughout the body. Now, the scientists have pinpointed the cells in the hypothalamus that control aging: a tiny population of adult neural stem cells. 

Here is a link that go's into much more detail, part of the above was taken from this site.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/07/170726132107.htm

So a large intake of stem cells could reduce aging?