Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Military keeping Trump golf course afloat

Eldorado

"In a June letter to then-acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings and fellow Democratic Rep. Jamie Raskin detailed their investigation into the golf course and nearby Glasgow Prestwick Airport.

"They allege that the airport, a key location as the closest airport to Turnberry, has seen an uptick in military spending since Trump won the presidency. Both Turnberry and the airport have operated at significant losses over the past few years."

Full monty at Channel4000 dot com: http://www.channel4000.com/nation/politics/house-panel-examines-military-spending-at-trump-turnberry/1118092189

"Taken together, the incidents raise the possibility that the military has helped keep Trump’s Turnberry resort afloat — the property lost $4.5 million in 2017, but revenue went up $3 million in 2018."

Full monty at Politico  dot com: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/06/air-force-trump-scottish-retreat-1484337

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Its a full on grift folks.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The Pentagon is apparently in on the theft, but then, they always were a criminal enterprise.

“Make America Dead Again” is their motto. They gladly bend the knee at Satan’s throne, or is that the hem of their skirt, I see?

Edited by Raptor Witness

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"Taken together, the incidents raise the possibility that the military has helped keep Trump’s Turnberry resort afloat — the property lost $4.5 million in 2017, but revenue went up $3 million in 2018."

So, it was still in the red in 2017 (loss of at least a million and a half) then? How about 2018? 

I am not aware of military bases in Scotland, but, perhaps there are offers, like those of many other civilian hotels and attractions being offered to service people at bases over there more aggressively and a golf course would be an attraction. When I was at Upper Heyford there was no real course around, so had I been a golfer and packages were offered that close, it would have been a favored weekend getaway.

Can't stand golf, though.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

So, it was still in the red in 2017 (loss of at least a million and a half) then? How about 2018? 

I am not aware of military bases in Scotland, but, perhaps there are offers, like those of many other civilian hotels and attractions being offered to service people at bases over there more aggressively and a golf course would be an attraction. When I was at Upper Heyford there was no real course around, so had I been a golfer and packages were offered that close, it would have been a favored weekend getaway.

Can't stand golf, though.

You were at Upper Heyford?  I was stationed there from 90-92. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"In a June letter to then-acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings and fellow Democratic Rep. Jamie Raskin detailed their investigation into the golf course and nearby Glasgow Prestwick Airport.

"They allege that the airport, a key location as the closest airport to Turnberry, has seen an uptick in military spending since Trump won the presidency. Both Turnberry and the airport have operated at significant losses over the past few years."

Full monty at Channel4000 dot com: http://www.channel4000.com/nation/politics/house-panel-examines-military-spending-at-trump-turnberry/1118092189

Full monty at Politico  dot com: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/06/air-force-trump-scottish-retreat-1484337

How.. exactly.. did the military do anything to "....keep Trump's Turnberry resort afloat..." ? 

The CNN article mentions that the airport gave special rates to some groups, including USA military personnel. They also GAVE away complementary tickets to the golf resorts. 

GAVE AWAY tickets. 

How does that help the resort ? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

How.. exactly.. did the military do anything to "....keep Trump's Turnberry resort afloat..." ? 

The CNN article mentions that the airport gave special rates to some groups, including USA military personnel. They also GAVE away complementary tickets to the golf resorts. 

GAVE AWAY tickets. 

Basically it's looking like the military (Air Force) diverted planes there so military personnel could get discount golfing at Trump's golf course.  Airmen get to go to luxury golf course, Trump gets more business, and the tax payer pays for transportation and other amenities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Basically it's looking like the military (Air Force) diverted planes there so military personnel could get discount golfing at Trump's golf course.  Airmen get to go to luxury golf course, Trump gets more business, and the tax payer pays for transportation and other amenities.

Ummm... no ? If the airport was GIVING away tickets, then President Trump's golf course makes ZERO extra business. In addition, I fail to see how the tax payer pays for anything ? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Ummm... no ? If the airport was GIVING away tickets, then President Trump's golf course makes ZERO extra business. In addition, I fail to see how the tax payer pays for anything ? 

You didn't read the link.........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

GAVE AWAY tickets.  How does that help the resort ? 

Its free admission but leave is at 65£/adult.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, toast said:

Its free admission but leave is at 65£/adult.

And one airman complained that the money the government gave them for expenses(per diem allowance) didn't cover the cost of food, drink and lodging there.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Sounds like some military men trying to game the system.

Other then some sort of conspiracy by Trump to help his golf course. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

And one airman complained that the money the government gave them for expenses(per diem allowance) didn't cover the cost of food, drink and lodging there.....

Well then, they should lodge - and dine - somewhere else. Prestwick, for example. It's got a beach. Umm.. and a supermarket. And a couple of pubs. 

Oh.. and a beach. 

No.. wait.. I think I already mentioned that ? :unsure2:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

hmm except for the bit about the planes being diverted.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

hmm except for the bit about the planes being diverted.

There was nonething stating he diverted the planes himself or that he ordered anyone to do it.

Unless I missed it ( I skimmed some)

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Quite possibly.  When I was coming back from Desert Storm the pilot and crew told us that we were going to have a "hard landing" <wink, wink, nudge, nudge>  at our stop over so we probably have a few days to a week before going back.  Sure enough, they managed to pop a tire but we didn't do anything special like a resort.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

There was nonething stating he diverted the planes himself or that he ordered anyone to do it.

Unless I missed it ( I skimmed some)

I was quoting from higher up. But reading the article it claims military spending at the airport went up significantly after Trump became President, I suspect that is were the diverting came from. who authorised or why I presume is the purpose of the investigation.

The Politico link is slightly more explanatory on this: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/06/air-force-trump-scottish-retreat-1484337

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Prestwick signed contracts back in 2016 - BEFORE Donald Trump became President Trump - to use the airport as a forward base and refueling stop for its heavy-lift transport and mid-air refueling aircraft. So OBVIOUSLY this would involve them paying the airport for fuel etc. But this deal was negotiated BEFORE Donald became President. And - for that matter - before his golf course was opened. 

On the face of it, this appears like a flagrant attempt by the two Democratic representatives to try and stir up trouble for President Trump by means of insinuation and lies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

IDK how much usage at Glasgow Prestwick has gone up or down but we had several bases which flew smaller planes, like 130s (gunships anyone?) Ospreys and similar which were always going back and forth. Heading over, we often stopped in Halifax for refueling and sometimes an overnight rest for the crews before heading across the long jump towards Iceland. The location of Glasgow seems similarly an obvious spot if a smaller aircraft needed to top off or break before taking on the bad weather and open ocean heading the other way. With all the troop movements and adds and draw downs, I imagine there are a few civilian airports along the way being paid for fuel and services more than strictly routine. Some airman hitching a ride in back doesn't get a vote in where or when the crew stops to break. In a 130 it took us almost 2 days to fly from the US to Egypt, and we stopped over for 3 hours in Athens when a problem arose. Stayed on the plane, while they checked, but civs do not know this stuff. We stopped several times for fuel and as it was Europe, I guess it was all sight seeing? From the plane, which has a couple portholes but no windows. Yeah. Graft my backside. Luxury jump seats, portable toilets or sometimes just a bucket of kitty litter. Woot.

Glasgow is basically the final major facility before that long jump for smaller craft on the map, so it WILL see more stops than somewhere like.... oh, Milwaukee. Prestwick, as less busy than Glasgow itself will see more Military usage than Glasgow and that is just reality, not a conspiracy. It sees more these days I am sure as we have closed more bases we once had in the UK (Upper Heyford being one of those) so focus on the larger picture and factors. It really is not all about Trump. That is on the highway for troop and smaller craft moving and we have a few wars still going on out there. Smaller craft cannot fly across that rather big ocean.

@Gromdor I left there in 87 :) returned for an IG team inspection later which was kind of ironic to be inspecting things I had started or implemented lol. I was sad to hear it was closed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Prestwick signed contracts back in 2016 - BEFORE Donald Trump became President Trump - to use the airport as a forward base and refueling stop for its heavy-lift transport and mid-air refueling aircraft. So OBVIOUSLY this would involve them paying the airport for fuel etc. But this deal was negotiated BEFORE Donald became President. And - for that matter - before his golf course was opened. 

On the face of it, this appears like a flagrant attempt by the two Democratic representatives to try and stir up trouble for President Trump by means of insinuation and lies. 

Not so much to the last bit. Its called congressional oversight. It looks shady. Its their job to find out if it is or not. 

The staying at his hotel definitely is shady , the airport may be. Scottish government criticised over US military use of airport

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

GAVE AWAY tickets. 

Nothing is free. You go you spend. 

• Like 1

From what I hear, Trump’s sister had to resign her judgeship because of ethical questions regarding the way the father’s estate was settled.

They are all a bunch of thieves, they always were. The Trump brand is a walking corpse, with zombies for businesses, supported by a zombie bank.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Sooo.. hold on a minute. 

When it come to USA military usage of the Airport, that means that Glasgow City Council is involved.

What motive do THEY have to boost the finances of President Trump's golf course ? 

Can anyone explain that to me ? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Sooo.. hold on a minute. 

When it come to USA military usage of the Airport, that means that Glasgow City Council is involved.

What motive do THEY have to boost the finances of President Trump's golf course ? 

Can anyone explain that to me ? 

This:

21 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Not so much to the last bit. Its called congressional oversight. It looks shady. Its their job to find out if it is or not. 

The staying at his hotel definitely is shady , the airport may be. Scottish government criticised over US military use of airport

Sounds like both the airport and Trump were losing money so the US taxpayers are making "shady" profitable again.

• Like 4

Anyone who looks carefully at this story, knows that it is not nonsense, or mere political allegations. This is a serious mishandling of normal protocol and business by the military.

The fact that the Pentagon is withholding documents about this from the oversight committee in the House of Representatives, is a glaring example of the death spiral that the United States is in, when it comes to subversion by the military industrial complex.  

With it’s subversive black budgets, The Pentagon has long sought to operate separate from the US government and the people, yet they will be utterly destroyed, along with Trump, but not by human power. 

I say, let it begin nunc. Let their golden wings become like lead. Let their new vehicles, pour out molten metal, by unexplainable means.

Look, a fleet of invisibles have awakened, summoned to cause them harm.

Ongoing, the undoing and unhinging; the beauty of bent light, reflects in the sky. A crimson rust lightly falls, and they wonder, where is this from?

Edited by Raptor Witness