Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Military keeping Trump golf course afloat

Eldorado

12 hours ago, Gromdor said:

This:

Sounds like both the airport and Trump were losing money so the US taxpayers are making "shady" profitable again.

The deal with the USAF was signed BEFORE Donald Trump became president. The negotiations would have been taking place LONG before he even decided to run for the presidency. 

Prestwick Airport would have certain advantages for the USAF, not the least of which is its relative obscurity compared to Glasgow International Airport. Enemy spies (e.g. from the Democrat Party) would stick out like a sore thumb in Prestwick (population... 14.5, including 3 goats). 

On 9/7/2019 at 10:52 AM, RoofGardener said:

How.. exactly.. did the military do anything to "....keep Trump's Turnberry resort afloat..." ? 

The CNN article mentions that the airport gave special rates to some groups, including USA military personnel. They also GAVE away complementary tickets to the golf resorts. 

GAVE AWAY tickets. 

How does that help the resort ? 

'Cause...TRUMP!

11 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Ongoing, the undoing and unhinging; the beauty of bent light, reflects in the sky. A crimson rust lightly falls, and they wonder, where is this from?

Barking... absolutely barking.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

The deal with the USAF was signed BEFORE Donald Trump became president. The negotiations would have been taking place LONG before he even decided to run for the presidency. 

Prestwick Airport would have certain advantages for the USAF, not the least of which is its relative obscurity compared to Glasgow International Airport. Enemy spies (e.g. from the Democrat Party) would stick out like a sore thumb in Prestwick (population... 14.5, including 3 goats). 

Well this is why following societal norms is important. If dude had simply divested from his companies none of this would be a problem......

anyhooo

U.S. Military Forging New Contract To 2024 To Refuel Near Trump’s Turnberry Resort: Report

But the airport has a new, longer contract beginning October 1 and running through the end of September 2024, the newspaper reported. The value is yet to be determined. But the new deal would involve supplying some 12.4 million gallons of aviation fuel — about 3 million more than the current deal, according to The Scotsman.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well this is why following societal norms is important. If dude had simply divested from his companies none of this would be a problem......

anyhooo

U.S. Military Forging New Contract To 2024 To Refuel Near Trump’s Turnberry Resort: Report

Hmm.... that IS true. Let the committee get its paperwork from the military. I think they're barking up the wrong tree here. I'm struggling to see ANY suggestion of impropriety by the President. 

Nice hat, by the way ! 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2

On 9/7/2019 at 4:17 AM, Farmer77 said:

snip

Edited by OverSword

On 9/7/2019 at 8:59 AM, Gromdor said:

Basically it's looking like the military (Air Force) diverted planes there so military personnel could get discount golfing at Trump's golf course.  Airmen get to go to luxury golf course, Trump gets more business, and the tax payer pays for transportation and other amenities.

And there’s evidence he ordered it? Hmmm...

45 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Well it appears he did so with Pence so theres no reason to think he didnt with this story. Congress' job is to find out.

Mike Pence Stayed at Trump’s Resort in Ireland, and the White House Sure Is Bungling Its Response

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Trump is fuming because he just found out that he can't fire his VP, apparently... 

~

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

If there was, no one would ever hear about it.  Executive privilege and all that. 

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

If there was, no one would ever hear about it.  Executive privilege and all that. 

Soooo... you're suggesting that - prior to even RUNNING for President - Donald Trump somehow persuaded the Air Force to listen to the lobbyists from the Glasgow Council when they pitched for the USAF to use Prestwick airport ?

I can imagine Donald Trump having influence with Glasgow Council, but with the higher echelons of the Air Force ? I mean.. really ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Soooo... you're suggesting that - prior to even RUNNING for President - Donald Trump somehow persuaded the Air Force to listen to the lobbyists from the Glasgow Council when they pitched for the USAF to use Prestwick airport ?

I can imagine Donald Trump having influence with Glasgow Council, but with the higher echelons of the Air Force ? I mean.. really ?

Nope.  My statement was referring to Oversword's comment.

43 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

How would the commander and chief of the US military have influence with the air force?  Oh,....never mind. :lol:

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.... that IS true. Let the committee get its paperwork from the military. I think they're barking up the wrong tree here. I'm struggling to see ANY suggestion of impropriety by the President. 

Nice hat, by the way ! 

Yes - the investigators asked for the paperwork, which could theoretically, have cleared this all up as 'not a issue'.

But the paperwork allegedly, was not provided, which leads to more questions than answers and allows, possibly unfounded, conspiracy theories to flourish.

so my question is why did the military not simply provide the requested information?

4 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Yes - the investigators asked for the paperwork, which could theoretically, have cleared this all up as 'not a issue'.

But the paperwork allegedly, was not provided, which leads to more questions than answers and allows, possibly unfounded, conspiracy theories to flourish.

so my question is why did the military not simply provide the requested information?

because military never provides any info  just because someone wants it,   file  FOIA request, and provide full number of the document you want, 

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

because military never provides any info  just because someone wants it,   file  FOIA request, and provide full number of the document you want, 

I thought it was a House Oversight Committee - how can they carry out oversight if they can't see the documentation.

Ah - by investigators I meant this ^, not the press. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

I thought it was a House Oversight Committee - how can they carry out oversight if they can't see the documentation.

It is the House Oversight Committee.  But you have to give people credit for the back flips they are doing to try and excuse all this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, aztek said:

take a credit yourself while you at it,  cuz you really did not prove me wrong,

What claim did you make that needed proving wrong?

5 hours ago, third_eye said:

Trump is fuming because he just found out that he can't fire his VP, apparently... 

~

Best laugh of the day, so far ....

Trump might be better off if he was impeached, then he could perhaps hope that his VP would pardon him.  As it stands now, he doesn’t have a prayer if the Democrats win the White House. 

My guess is, Trump will regret leading the chants “lock her up” when it came to Hillary. The Democratic base will be in no mood to allow a pardon.

• Haha 1

The deal may have been made before Trump was President, but the number of overnight stays for refueling has increased exponentially.  

Between 2015 and 2019, AMC Total Force aircraft stopped at Prestwick a total of 936 times (*659 overnight stays), including 95 (*40) in 2015, 145 (*75) in 2016, 180 (*116) in 2017, 257 (*208) in 2018 and 259 (*220) through August 2019," his statement added.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49633936

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aztek said:

why would he hope for that? he is not getting impeached,  he's getting reelected

We might have to take a closer look if 10 million of those ballots are big circles with a sharpie marker.

10 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

They are utterly and completely BARKING mad.  It's like they have an amoebic gut eating creature that just won't allow them to give up.  I don't think they even expect to harm him any longer, they're just stuck on stupid and can't catch a new gear :w00t: