Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best evidence for ET

Hazzard

Have you ever seen overwhelming proof that any of whats been sighted, reported, filmed, or photographed to be alien in origin. Or are there always another explanations lurking?

I do not deny that some things might be alien. I would love few things more. What I do deny is that there has been credible evidence to support it.

There is no reason to get upset about it. What needs to be understood is the burden of proof that science and its method requires.

As believers begin to build the case about UFO = Aliens, the foundation of this is built on hear say, speculations, theories, guess work, assumptions, beliefs and emotions.

But there are no real scientific evidence or facts.

Until we can prove 100% that these are not Earth based phenomenon - we are guessing.

So, what it all comes down to is the evidence!

What cases do you think has the best evidence for alien visitation?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

there are none imo... no doubt some will put forward the usual cases in response to this thread but they are only stories.

as you suggest:

until data is put forward that's more than a story this subject will go on & on & on, becoming even more tedious that it is now!

'''i believe this, i believe that because i trust the source in a book''' aint cutting it any more! :sleepy:

;)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

there are none imo... no doubt some will put forward the usual cases in response to this thread but they are only stories.

as you suggest:

until data is put forward that's more than a story this subject will go on & on & on, becoming even more tedious that it is now!

'''i believe this, i believe that because i trust the source in a book''' aint cutting it any more! :sleepy:

;)

As a skeptic of anything paranormal believe you me, I hear ya! But surley there must be those cases that are better that others, and a "best" one of those?

I always liked the Tehran UFO incident back in 1976.

In September of 1976, the Iranian Air Force scrambled two Phantom jets to intercept a luminous, shape-shifting object drifting over the capital city of Tehran. But every time the jets approached it, their equipment failed, and the object darted away....  

http://www.thinkanomalous.com/tehran-ufo.html

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hazzard said:

As a skeptic of anything paranormal believe you me, I hear ya! But surley there must be those cases that are better that others, and a "best" one of those?

I always liked the Tehran UFO incident back in 1976.

In September of 1976, the Iranian Air Force scrambled two Phantom jets to intercept a luminous, shape-shifting object drifting over the capital city of Tehran. But every time the jets approached it, their equipment failed, and the object darted away....  

http://www.thinkanomalous.com/tehran-ufo.html

Even so, it could not be proved to be extra-terrestrial.  I love UFO stories because I have some of my own but I do not think they are from outer space, unless maybe that term is used the same way it is used in Fragglerock, meaning somewhere different that we don't understand.

When I was young my dad started bringing home UFO books, Chariots of the Gods and others that were mostly stories, interviews of experiencers and what they thought the experiences were.  The one that was very interesting to me was the one that happened near Snowflake with Travis Walton.  I even went see the movie about it in the 90's.  I later met him at a UFO Symposium and he was a little disgruntled that everyone else was telling his story.  Finally he wrote his own book about it.  He was a very nice man, quiet and seemed to dislike the attention.  Very different from the other people who claimed experiences, that craved the attention.  And when I asked about the movie he said "there was no rain and I was not naked when they found me." 

Anyway, I have had my own experiences and have come to the conclusion that there is almost completely a non-physical non-physical experience that has nothing to do with aliens from outer space.  It could be some kind of initiation like Whitley Strieber talks about and the possibilities are endless to what it actually is.  Everyone's experience is similar and different and I believe that is because we all have different reasons for being in a human body on planet earth and because we all have different filters to our perceptions and different mind sets.  It would be hard to convince me that there are aliens from another solar system visiting this planet unless they are hiding from authorities in their solar system as this planet is in a backwater (distant) solar system on an exterior arm of the milky way galaxy.

• Like 2

sorry but when a person doesnt want attention but gravitates to conventions, writes books sells movie rights etc i call bs, they are in it for attention and profits.

while some do believe waltons story at face value ( zero proof, weak evidenve that doesnt hold up ) i dont believe it too many holes and reasons to believe he made it up, he and his brother were abduction fans.

while for many "mental illness" is taboo but paranormal isnt because its no fault it them its some outside cause.

after 40 plus years of study i have come to the conclusion most if not are paranormal claims that arent hoaxes, lies, misidentified easy explained explainations are mental issues, sure, people denounce that get mad at me saying that and so be it,

so want to prove something to me? show me the body, or preferable a live alien, bigfoot or living impaired "ghost" no blind faith true believer has or can but i will wait with the door open.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dejarma said:

as you suggest:

;)

Don't forget 83% paranormal 17% hoax.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Have you ever seen overwhelming proof that any of whats been sighted, reported, filmed, or photographed to be alien in origin. Or are there always another explanations lurking?

I do not deny that some things might be alien. I would love few things more. What I do deny is that there has been credible evidence to support it.

There is no reason to get upset about it. What needs to be understood is the burden of proof that science and its method requires.

As believers begin to build the case about UFO = Aliens, the foundation of this is built on hear say, speculations, theories, guess work, assumptions, beliefs and emotions.

But there are no real scientific evidence or facts.

Until we can prove 100% that these are not Earth based phenomenon - we are guessing.

So, what it all comes down to is the evidence!

I wish I had a story to add, but I am sorry I don't. The story about the Tehran UFO is interesting, but like all others I have seen again there is no physical evidence so it is left up to the individual to belevie it or not. This is the problem with UFO and paranormal sightings it's always left open to speculation, some will except it while others will not who's right only time will tell.

Thanks for the story.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3

Just now, Dejarma said:

sorry, i don't get ya

It's a reference to PGs percentages on any paranormal videos. I thought I was being witty, evidently not my humble apolagies.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

It's a reference to PGs percentages on any paranormal videos. I thought I was being witty, evidently not my humble apolagies.

no worries- who/ what is PG?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

no worries- who/ what is PG?

Papageorge1...have you ever been on the ghost/paranormal forum? :lol:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Papageorge1...have you ever been on the ghost/paranormal forum? :lol:

oh right, cheers- yeah sometimes.. Papa knows best; hmm, there's a song there;)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, the13bats said:

sorry but when a person doesnt want attention but gravitates to conventions, writes books sells movie rights etc i call bs, they are in it for attention and profits.

while some do believe waltons story at face value ( zero proof, weak evidenve that doesnt hold up ) i dont believe it too many holes and reasons to believe he made it up, he and his brother were abduction fans.

while for many "mental illness" is taboo but paranormal isnt because its no fault it them its some outside cause.

after 40 plus years of study i have come to the conclusion most if not are paranormal claims that arent hoaxes, lies, misidentified easy explained explainations are mental issues, sure, people denounce that get mad at me saying that and so be it,

so want to prove something to me? show me the body, or preferable a live alien, bigfoot or living impaired "ghost" no blind faith true believer has or can but i will wait with the door open.

Did you read his book or everyone else's?  He was not in it for the attention.  He avoided all the UFO groups and people because he did not like the attention or the stories that were being told.  It ruined his life and he had a hard time for years.  He was at that symposium because he needed the money and he finally wanted the story told straight.

P.S. I don't care to prove anything to you or anyone else.  This is a discussion forum.  Why are you so emotional?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

He avoided all the UFO groups and people because he did not like the attention or the stories that were being told. 

how do you know this?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

how do you know this?

He told me.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

He told me.

How do you know he was telling the truth?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Did you read his book or everyone else's?  He was not in it for the attention.  He avoided all the UFO groups and people because he did not like the attention or the stories that were being told.  It ruined his life and he had a hard time for years.  He was at that symposium because he needed the money and he finally wanted the story told straight.

P.S. I don't care to prove anything to you or anyone else.  This is a discussion forum.  Why are you so emotional?

why do you call others emotinal when its you not them all upset?

i have my opinion about walton, he wanted attention and $$$ and went for it,

you have your opinion about him we do not agree, so what, its just a discussion forum we need not agree.

52 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Maybe try here:

Jim Oberg is my "go to" guy when it comes to some of these things. I used to pm him back in the days.  He sure knows his stuff.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Jim Oberg is my "go to" guy when it comes to some of these things. I used to pm him back in the days.  He sure knows his stuff.

do you know if he is ok? havent seen him post for ages?

12 minutes ago, quillius said:

do you know if he is ok? havent seen him post for ages?

Its been over a year but as far as I know he is doing well.

Edited by Hazzard

6 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Its been over a year but as far as I know he is doing well.

ok thanks, good to hear! :tu: