Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best evidence for ET

Hazzard

9 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

So apparently you think the US Navy videos are CGI and the Navy is just lying to us.

that's kool. See ya.

None of the Navy videos show 'UFOs doing gymnastics in the skies'

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

So apparently you think the US Navy videos are CGI and the Navy is just lying to us.

that's kool. See ya.

no, the navy footage is real IMO, not CGI. Real what though?

like i've suggested before:

it's probably test video of a software update that someone has got hold of with fake audio to make it sound good.

this is possible, is it not? be realistic....

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, I did miss that bit.  What I saw several times was gymnastics in the sky.  I did not have a video camera and it was long before cell phones.  I video I saw on television from the woman in Canada was the same kind of "gymastics" I saw, with formations of lights forming different geometric patterns, always in multiples of 3, and it seemed that they were shooting light at each other to make other patterns.  The film showed that and was stopped to show frame by frame that the light was not beams of light, it was something akin to lightening or electrical charges between the star like lights.

Interesting stuff.

• Like 1

It is interesting  how the Navy videos are misunderstood by so many people.

1. None of the video comes from Fravor's flight since the TWO planes did not have FLIR
  2. Four witnesses and only one claims UFO and not of this Earth
  3. FLIR from the mission shows a distant plane
  4. Later videos from another mission a decade later shows a probable weather balloon

Just like Roswell a story brings out its cranks. In this case you have the radar operator making claims that the sole witness, Fravor, says is not truthful. Fravor gave his reasons for disputing thee radar operator at a UFO convention in Oregon.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

no, the navy footage is real IMO, not CGI. Real what though?

like i've suggested before:

it's probably test video of a software update that someone has got hold of with fake audio to make it sound good.

this is possible, is it not? be realistic....

It's possible of course.  I am a big proponent of the government lying about UFOS and have been for a long time.

You may not  be aware but I made a statement in here long ago, and I stick with it. I said then, as I do now, that in *one aspect*, it does not matter if the government exaggerated or even outright lied about the contents of those videos and the accompanying testimony, it is crystal clear that the US government is urging the masses to start viewing UFOs/UAPs in a realistic way, that is **they exist**.

And the government/DoD has no idea what they are or who controls them which is probably a big fat lie. They know a lot about UAPs or they'd never show them to us or keep reminding us that the President and the two intel committees of congress (house, senate) are all being apprised of UAP activity by the US Navy. They did not have to tell us that, they **wanted** to tell us that. Call it propaganda, if you wish.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

34 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I do not imply "from outer space" although that is possible. My belief is the ETs have been here longer than humans and that they came here over time seeking refuge when their own planet went belly up.

Well there ya go, underground humans!  or, humans coming back in time. I ponder these options and think that ET's is the best option. As far as smart animals, well, they have to have an opposable thumb or no soap. 'Taint them.

Please note, I never said I could prove any of it. I am simply staying within the parameters of the tread "EVIDENCE for et", not proof.

I agree that if E.T. ever was here, it was long ago and maybe we are descendants, but I still think the lights in the sky and abductions could be more plausibly local rather than extra-terrestrial.  There is an element of extra-dimensional that could be evoked non physically too.  The cases when a group of people witness something but one or more of the group sees nothing.

And I bring up the animals I mentioned only to point out that even though they have no thumbs, there are indications that those creatures are more intelligent than us lowly humans and maybe there are entities/people on the planet that are smarter than we are and can hide very well, maybe they have opposable thumbs.  To me that is as likely as E. T. visiting us now.

What we do know is that the government has NOT commented about the content of the videos from the Navy. All comments have been about the videos themselves.Where di they come from and whether or not the videos are real.

Some people have suggested that the government commented about the video contents. What did they say?

Nothing that has been stated about the videos tells us that there is anything in the videos other than distant planes and a probable weather balloon.

Does the government know what is seen in the videos? Of course they do. Even people outside of the government have figured out the contents of the videos. It wasn't that hard to do.

The president and others have been apprised of UAPs. The issue is security and IFF. That is the identification of friend or foe. Are the crew having trouble using their equipment? Are displays too complicated? Will warrior lives be at risk in a situation where they cannot distinguish friend from foe quickly?

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I agree that if E.T. ever was here, it was long ago and maybe we are descendants, but I still think the lights in the sky and abductions could be more plausibly local rather than extra-terrestrial.  There is an element of extra-dimensional that could be evoked non physically too.  The cases when a group of people witness something but one or more of the group sees nothing.

And I bring up the animals I mentioned only to point out that even though they have no thumbs, there are indications that those creatures are more intelligent than us lowly humans and maybe there are entities/people on the planet that are smarter than we are and can hide very well, maybe they have opposable thumbs.  To me that is as likely as E. T. visiting us now.

Why did 1 crew member see a UFO when 3 did not? The crew member who did was into UFOs and aliens. The others were not.

It is a well known psychological issue that people remember events based on their expectations. Fravor could genuinely remember the event as a UFO event when that is not what happened.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The video from the Phoenix Lights is of poor quality but it does show that the lights move relative to each other and are not prt of a single large craft as claimed.

The video clearly debunks the claims of a single large craft.

The other videos shot later that night very clearly show that they filmed distant flares.

But the flares were not the same as the other lights.  I don't remember anyone claiming it was one craft.  But then, I never heard of this until years after it happened. Are the formation of lights filmed explainable? 

One of the basic methods used by the pseudosciences and proponents of the pseudosciences is innuendo.

Innuendo is used in all sorts of ideas to avoid producing evidence to support their case. Consider briefings to government officials. What was discussed? No one knows because the discussion is behind closed doors. The suggestion is that it had to do with ETs. You don't have to openly state that you simply have to let people think whatever and hope it falls into agreement with the ET claim.

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

But the flares were not the same as the other lights.  I don't remember anyone claiming it was one craft.  But then, I never heard of this until years after it happened. Are the formation of lights filmed explainable? 

Lots and lots of people claimed one craft. Look up Tim Ley as an example of a single craft.

The first set of lights was viewed by someone with a telescope. They saw planes. People heard the noise of the planes. People along the route reported that one light tailed the others and caught up. A video shot in Phoenix shows the lights moving relative to each other.

The flares were recorded only by people out of the valley. Videos from different locations were used to triangulate the source to over the Estrella mountains at the range where flares were being dropped. See Bruce Macabee's analysis.

• Thanks 1

Stories about UFOs get chopped up and rewritten over time. The best example is Roswell. It was a forgotten incident from 1947 to the early 1980s. No comments from ufologists or the locals till a book is written and then all sorts of tales come crawling out. The Phoenix Lights got dismissed after it was realized that there was no mystery. But wait. Someone attaches flares to balloons to rejuvenate the story. In fact it was more than one hoax that resurrected the story.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Lots and lots of people claimed one craft. Look up Tim Ley as an example of a single craft.

The first set of lights was viewed by someone with a telescope. They saw planes. People heard the noise of the planes. People along the route reported that one light tailed the others and caught up. A video shot in Phoenix shows the lights moving relative to each other.

The flares were recorded only by people out of the valley. Videos from different locations were used to triangulate the source to over the Estrella mountains at the range where flares were being dropped. See Bruce Macabee's analysis.

OK.  That is fine.  I was only responding to someone who said nothing had been video'd or filmed.  The Phoenix lights were an example of a lot of video or film. 

• Like 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

OK.  That is fine.  I was only responding to someone who said nothing had been video'd or filmed.  The Phoenix lights were an example of a lot of video or film. 

What is interesting is that the Phoenix Lights were filmed only in part. Event 1 was quick and yet someone had the wherewithal to get a video.

Why aren't other events also captured?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

What is interesting is that the Phoenix Lights were filmed only in part. Event 1 was quick and yet someone had the wherewithal to get a video.

Why aren't other events also captured?

It is something I heard Whitley Strieber discuss with one of his interviewees.  Apparently there is very little time and some people are so struck or confused by what they see that they forget the phone they are holding has a camera.  There are a lot of people who do capture it with their phone camera but not very many people can afford a phone that has decent quality so they have crappy video that can be easily disputed.  I think if the lights continue, there will be more an more video but also because of drones and other flying things everyone will have a harder time knowing what is anomalous and what isn't.  What I saw in the 80's was anomalous.  I lived in a place where military experiments were going on and still we had unexplainable aerial "shows" often.  They were not stealth bombers and the possibility that they were some kind of experiment for Reagan's star wars lasers seems to be proven incorrect with the video from Canada. 

In 2009 my co-worker who has been an RC plane hobbyist for decades bought a new RC helicopter.  He lives next to a lake with his back yard next to the beach.  He likes to fly his RC craft over the lake.  One night he was board and put small led lights on his RC helicopter and went to the beach to fly it.  A cop showed up and stood beside him watching the helicopter and eventually said "Your neighbors have been reporting sightings of a UFO."   :lol:

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It is something I heard Whitley Strieber discuss with one of his interviewees.  Apparently there is very little time and some people are so struck or confused by what they see that they forget the phone they are holding has a camera.  There are a lot of people who do capture it with their phone camera but not very many people can afford a phone that has decent quality so they have crappy video that can be easily disputed.  I think if the lights continue, there will be more an more video but also because of drones and other flying things everyone will have a harder time knowing what is anomalous and what isn't.  What I saw in the 80's was anomalous.  I lived in a place where military experiments were going on and still we had unexplainable aerial "shows" often.  They were not stealth bombers and the possibility that they were some kind of experiment for Reagan's star wars lasers seems to be proven incorrect with the video from Canada. 

In 2009 my co-worker who has been an RC plane hobbyist for decades bought a new RC helicopter.  He lives next to a lake with his back yard next to the beach.  He likes to fly his RC craft over the lake.  One night he was board and put small led lights on his RC helicopter and went to the beach to fly it.  A cop showed up and stood beside him watching the helicopter and eventually said "Your neighbors have been reporting sightings of a UFO."   :lol:

People report what they think they see. There are two steps. One is the visual they see and the other is an interpretation of what they saw.

A light over the lake is a drone or it is an alien craft. Everyone sees about the same thing, it is the interpretation that varies. Later people try to remember what they saw and have this odd idea that memory is like a video or film. It is not. Memory is reconstructed. A memory becomes the sum total of what happened plus all of the memories after that time.

I've been with people seeing what they called alien craft and I knew they were satellites. When one satellite disappeared and another came from roughly the same place headed in another direction they all concluded that the alien ship had turned. It was interesting to me to see people drawing far fetched conclusions based on their preconceived notion they were watching aliens.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I heard Whitley Strieber discuss

sorry, i think that guys a frosted flake.

Just now, the13bats said:

sorry, i think that guys a frosted flake.

It was the subject brought up, doesn't matter what you think of the person.  I find him interesting and yes, sometimes emotional which men are taught in our society to consider as "flakey". 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It was the subject brought up, doesn't matter what you think of the person.  I find him interesting and yes, sometimes emotional which men are taught in our society to consider as "flakey". 

sure it matters what a person thinks about someone brought up in an open discussion,

my dad also found him interesting, read all his stuff.

i was a product of being a punk goth rivethead raised by a mum and gmum, and  while straight gender roles or what is "manly" in your society was never a concern to me.

his emotions had nothing to do with me thinking hes off his books and unproven claims are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

image.png.de0a5ab293b38629f7b7a69a4b81f886.png

I always liked that one aswell. I remember it from back in the days here on UM.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

I always liked that one aswell. I remember it from back in the days here on UM.

It's pretty cool looking like a prop from a predators movie.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I agree that if E.T. ever was here, it was long ago and maybe we are descendants, but I still think the lights in the sky and abductions could be more plausibly local rather than extra-terrestrial. 

That's an unusual PoV. Very.

There is an element of extra-dimensional that could be evoked non physically too.  The cases when a group of people witness something but one or more of the group sees nothing.

I have heard of theories that a version of human lived in a prior epoch on earth, then all life was destroyed on the planet except for the humans that went underground, and those are the beings that fly the UFOs. That's a Hopi Indian belief. 

And then there is the theory that they are really humans coming back from the future. That would be the extra dimensionals. But my fav is ET because there are some 2 billion earth twins in our galaxy and by fiat, many are inhabited and likely have a billions-of-years jump on us. Just thinking :)

• Like 1

The Phoenix lights were an example of a lot of video or film. 

Not to mention a whole bunch of eyewitnesses - unconnected so there is no conspiracy. They were real.

7 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Not to mention a whole bunch of eyewitnesses - unconnected so there is no conspiracy. They were real.

Yes, they were real lights.

2 simple questions:

1.  Do you think any of those witnesses heard about the sighting, then went outside, and (probably for the first time in many years) looked up and scanned the sky for stuff they hadn't seen before and that could possibly be the 'UFO's?  In other words, what does 'connected' mean to you?  Copycat reports are a common and well understood effect.  It's about psychology, not just experience in observing...

2. What testimonies actually suggest anything odd?  Don't be your usual shy self - quote and cite them please.  Are they consistent?  Are they evidenced?  Or are you just quoting media beatups?

• Thanks 1

Thousands of witnesses. Here is what one saw

Image result for Triangular UFO Drawing Phoenix Lights

It don;t look like flares to me.

• Haha 2