Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best evidence for ET

Hazzard

On the subject of the Phoenix Lights, I thought the generally accepted explanation was that they were military flares ?

• Like 2

Oh, yes, I did screw up New Mexico for Nevada. But no problem, unless your only intent is to ridicule I suppose.

But let's get to it:  Henderson Link

The first reported sighting came from a man in Henderson who described the UFO as:

“The size of a Boeing 747, which sounded like rushing wind and had six lights on its leading edge.”

It does not say "Nevada" but if you lookup Henderson, Nevada, you will see it is on the eastern side, very close to Arizona.
Also, there is no such city as "Henderson, Arizona".

The first sighting came from Nevada and it was NOT military aircraft.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

What are you jabbering about now? I never mention Sonora, Mexico which is a state of Mexico. It borders Arizona to the south. I've been there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonora

Who said anything about military aircraft? Who said they entered Mexican airspace? 

Here is what you posted: "please recall that it is impossible for US aircraft to fly in to Mexico" Now you want to move the goal posts or are you apologizing to me by rewording what you posted admitting what you posted was dead wrong?

When you begin with a string of falsehoods as your premises your conclusions are going to be wrong.

It was planes. Plain and simple. Planes.

People heard planes

People saw planes

The video shows it was separate lights.

Plain and simple it was planes.

I'm not trying to move the goal posts, that is what you people said before in a prior thread so I though you would stick to it.

Y'all said, Canadian Tudors or A-10 Warthogs. remember??

Anyway, it wasn't.

You were never in Arizona on the night of Phoenix Lights. The eyewitnesses know more than you, so I listen to them.

THey were  UFOs

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Saru said:

On the subject of the Phoenix Lights, I thought the generally accepted explanation was that they were military flares ?

It depends on who you listen to, Saru.

People in Mexico clearly could not see flares. So what did *they* see?  Also, I doubt people in Nevada or even southern Arizona could see flares either.

I believe the witnesses.  UFOs

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

People in Mexico clearly could not see flares. So what did *they* see?  Also, I doubt people in Nevada or even southern Arizona could see flares either.

As long as you don't equate UFOs as "Aliens from outer space" I agree with you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

A UFO is simply an unidentified flying object, even if the objects in this case were indeed unidentified, that doesn't represent evidence of ET.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Saru said:

A UFO is simply an unidentified flying object, even assuming the objects in this case were unidentified, that doesn't represent evidence of ET.

The irony is, I am not arguing from a PoV that it is ET - although I think it is. 

I simply state that what people saw was not flares or military jets and not planes. That's the first hump to get over. Discussing who controls them comes afterward. So we're still in the "what is it" stage. And I am sure, always will be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I simply state that what people saw was not flares or military jets and not planes.

Since there's no way that you or anyone else here can actually know this for a fact, I'd say that makes this argument somewhat redundant.

It just comes down to personal opinion.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Saru said:

there were two events in one evening, the later event circa 10pm is the event commonly accepted to be flares. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The irony is, I am not arguing from a PoV that it is ET - although I think it is. 

I simply state that what people saw was not flares or military jets and not planes. That's the first hump to get over. Discussing who controls them comes afterward. So we're still in the "what is it" stage. And I am sure, always will be.

If they're the lights which I think you lot are on about then I'm pretty sure it's been debunked a military craft. Ad you can see a smaller blinking light right by an appearing brighter light.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, stereologist said:

False:  The lights were not visible from New Mexico.

False: The lights were not visible all over the state of Arizona

False: That it is impossible for US aircraft to fly into Mexico. 

False: That anyone was scared.

False: That airplanes scare nobody.

As observers with binoculars and telescopes were able to see, they were planes. As the video showed it was 5 separate objects. As people in Prescott heard it was planes.

It was planes.

Hi Stereo, can you confirm the observers that saw planes. I know Mitch with his telescope saw A plane...not planes from memory, ie not a formation of 5 planes that would/could be mistaken for triangle/boomerang

1 minute ago, Saru said:

Since there's no way that you or anyone else here can actually know this for a fact, I'd say that makes this argument somewhat redundant.

It just comes down to personal opinion.

For sure, opinion.  But I'll take the opinions of the people who actually *witnessed* them over the opinions of people who didn't, any day.

It's called "designer solution". You declare it to be what you want, for many people. 
I look at the over evidence and yes, weigh heavily what witnesses say they saw. 

Many people over a very large swath of land call the police, over what?? planes and flares?  THIS MAKES NO SENSE and is not to be believed.

In my opinion, of course.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, stereologist said:

False:  The lights were not visible from New Mexico.

False: The lights were not visible all over the state of Arizona

False: That it is impossible for US aircraft to fly into Mexico. 

False: That anyone was scared.

False: That airplanes scare nobody.

As observers with binoculars and telescopes were able to see, they were planes. As the video showed it was 5 separate objects. As people in Prescott heard it was planes.

It was planes.

Everything else you said is more than likely right but come on fella. I bet USAF aircraft "strayed" into Mexican airspace on numerous occasions.

• Like 1

For sure, opinion.  But I'll take the opinions of the people who actually *witnessed* them over the opinions of people who didn't, any day.

It's called "designer solution". You declare it to be what you want, for many people. 
I look at the over evidence and yes, weigh heavily what witnesses say they saw. 

Many people over a very large swath of land call the police, over what?? planes and flares?  THIS MAKES NO SENSE and is not to be believed.

In my opinion, of course.

But perhaps they didn't realise it was planes and flares? Military aircraft isn't supposed to be seen/identified easily at night.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, quillius said:

there were two events in one evening, the later event circa 10pm is the event commonly accepted to be flares. 

"commonly accepted" by WHOM? Certainly not the eyewitnesses.

If I could prove to you that it cannot be flares would it matter to you? I'm talking simple SCIENCE. Does that ever come into the equation?

The people in Somora, Mexico are too far away. The flares would be under their horizon and I think it is true about people in southern Arizona. Don't know about western Nevada (Henderson). But if it were possible - just possible, for people in distant places to see "flares" barely pop up over their horizon, do you think they would freak out and call the police? That is laughable.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

If they're the lights which I think you lot are on about then I'm pretty sure it's been debunked a military craft. Ad you can see a smaller blinking light right by an appearing brighter light.

I'm not at all on about "lights".  What you see in a picture, many folks saw live and in person plus a whole lot more. 

So why is your opinion definitive? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I've personally written up several news stories concerning people calling the police over some unidentified aerial phenomenon that has later turned out to have a conventional explanation. People can easily panic about unfamiliar things that they see in the sky.

• Thanks 2

"commonly accepted" by WHOM? Certainly not the eyewitnesses.

If I could prove to you that it cannot be flares would it matter to you? I'm talking simple SCIENCE. Does that ever come into the equation?

The people in Somora, Mexico are too far away. The flares would be under their horizon and I think it is true about people in southern Arizona. Don't know about western Nevada (Henderson). But if it were possible - just possible, for people in distant places to see "flares" barely pop up over their horizon, do you think they would freak out and call the police? That is laughable.

easy Earl!

the `10pm event for which we have video footage from 3 positions...ie the lights that appear then go out....NOT the triangle craft reports!

the footage enabled triangulation, which assisted in estimating distance and fall rate which were in line with the A10s flares with parachutes.

Now do I think the whole night (both events can be explained by planes and flares....personally no I don't...however I have struggled to build a coherent case against

with most of these events I go after the prosaic explanations and try to disprove them so the event can return to being a 'mystery'...still a little way of evidence for ET but reverting them back to a mystery is still something

• Like 4

I'm not at all on about "lights".  What you see in a picture, many folks saw live and in person plus a whole lot more. 

So why is your opinion definitive? 

Because I saw the video of someone who was close to the area which you can see. Big brights orbs slowly appeared one after another. And as they are there was a wee blinking light moving just past them as they did. 

So I actually saw evidence because it was FILMED. Unless were on about a different "sighting" ofcourse.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

But perhaps they didn't realise it was planes and flares? Military aircraft isn't supposed to be seen/identified easily at night.

So everybody's wrong.

Ya, ya, eyewitness know far less than people clanging on the keyboard. If you listen to the testimony of the eyewitnesses you can realize that what they saw is not at all what you *think* they saw. 

Many saw the huge flying V aircraft with lights on the bottom that are NOT military. The military flies above 40,000 feet in military airspace. These are not military crafts, and no, military crafts will not enter Mexican air space, regardless of what people in here say.

Military aircrafts never made people jump up and say "Ohmygod, I have to call the police". Common sense should tell you they did not see military aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So everybody's wrong.

Ya, ya, eyewitness know far less than people clanging on the keyboard. If you listen to the testimony of the eyewitnesses you can realize that what they saw is not at all what you *think* they saw. 

Many saw the huge flying V aircraft with lights on the bottom that are NOT military. The military flies above 40,000 feet in military airspace. These are not military crafts, and no, military crafts will not enter Mexican air space, regardless of what people in here say.

Military aircrafts never made people jump up and say "Ohmygod, I have to call the police". Common sense should tell you they did not see military aircraft.

You're looking rather agitated in the way you're typing. There is no need to get p***y with me as I'm providing a counter arguement and have not once said anything against you. 

Why should common sense tell you they didn't see military aircraft? America are constantly testing new technology and it was freaking night time!!! Why didn't anyone who recorded it change to night vision or infra red or what not? Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't cameras on the 90s able to go night vision? (Honest question as I would've been 4 during the Phoenix Lights)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saru said:

I've personally written up several news stories concerning people calling the police over some unidentified aerial phenomenon that has later turned out to have a conventional explanation. People can easily panic about unfamiliar things that they see in the sky.

Of course people can get all flummoxed seeing something in the sky they never saw before - and IMO, that is exactly what happened in Phoenix Lights.

The problem is, people all over the region know darn right well what airplanes and flares are. They saw something else that panicked them.

There are total of 7 military bases located in Arizona (AZ). All of them are relatively large in size, with around five to six thousand military personnel each.

I'm pretty sure people in Arizona know what military crafts look like. And yet on this one day, they panicked over them. MAKES NO SENSE

• Haha 1

Just now, ThereWeAreThen said:

You're looking rather agitated in the way you're typing. There is no need to get p***y with me as I'm providing a counter arguement and have not once said anything against you. 

Why do people think this??? I'm not getting mad or anything else. Just stating my case.

Why should common sense tell you they didn't see military aircraft?

I stated why, and I am too tired to retype it. Look in these recent posts. I articulated my reasons for it. 

If it is some  kind of secret test aircraft, the USAF just does not know how to keep a secret, then, eh?

America are constantly testing new technology and it was freaking night time!!! Why didn't anyone who recorded it change to night vision or infra red or what not? Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't cameras on the 90s able to go night vision? (Honest question as I would've been 4 during the Phoenix Lights)

• Haha 1