Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best evidence for ET

Hazzard

4 hours ago, quillius said:

maybe.....   

'well explained' and 'debunked' are usually down to an individuals interpretation and what they are/are not willing to believe/accept. I have looked into a number of cases that are 'well explained' 'debunked' which I do not agree with....doesn't make them ET but certainly IMO leaves them as a mystery. They tend to then remain a mystery due to lack of information. Of course its quite possible (actually more than likely) further information would point to a prosaic explanation...just not necessarily the one commonly put forth and accepted.

Well explained and debunked is when it's been proven that it's not what it is claimed. It has nothing to do with misinterpretation but down to evidence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Well explained and debunked is when it's been proven that it's not what it is claimed. It has nothing to do with misinterpretation but down to evidence.

interesting.....so I could list a few cases and you will tell me that they are well explained/debunked=proven........I will then ask for this proof......it had better be solid proof :)

edit to add: using the Phoenix lights as an example, can you list the proof that exists for both events?

Edited by quillius
  • Confused 1

In the case of the Phoenix Lights, I have listed below all the evidence that any of them were of extra-terrestrial origin:

;)

There is therefore no need to debunk them as being extra-terrestrial.    In the same way there is no need to debunk the suggestion that the shirt I am wearing is made of 6" solid gold mined last week from a Jovian Moon and knitted by a 700 year old turtle called Brian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, quillius said:

interesting.....so I could list a few cases and you will tell me that they are well explained/debunked=proven........I will then ask for this proof......it had better be solid proof :)

edit to add: using the Phoenix lights as an example, can you list the proof that exists for both events?

and i turn that 180 on you...prove your opinions.

7 hours ago, quillius said:

can you be specific - proof of what exactly?  That there were lights in the sky?  Not in dispute.  That the lights were somehow beyond explanation or moving at impossible speeds or doing impossible maneuvers?  I've not seen any actual evidence of that - despite the fact that we do have some footage.  All that footage shows nothing spooky whatsoever.  That there is any reason for invoking ET or any other 'paranormal' explanation?  If so, what?

That's my problem with ufology - we have anecdotes that might suggest other worldly shenanigans.  We also have quite a lot of footage of various events, but NONE, nada zilch zip of the actual evidence supports other-worldliness.  And here we are with better sky surveillance by many orders of magnitude than we had in the UFO's heyday.  As I've said before, my DSLR + big lens is in my car, ever ready...

Us dudes/dudettes with good cameras are just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unlucky, I guess.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

I still think the best evidence of ET existing is our planet. There is millions of different organisms roaming our beautiful (ish) planet. So why cant life exist in a universe we have barely glimpsed at?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I still think the best evidence of ET existing is our planet. There is millions of different organisms roaming our beautiful (ish) planet. So why cant life exist in a universe we have barely glimpsed at?

Most rational people will admit that the existence of alien life is possible but draw the line at believing theyre coming to earth to show off their flying abilities and headlights in the night sky.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

On 9/25/2019 at 1:38 PM, the13bats said:

The one i saw was low budget, ill try to hunt the name, fife gets all set back like, oh good this again, and tried to joke he hadnt been put on the spot on tv in a while, they play a tape of some lady angry he did the arrested alien gag and he says something to the effect he thought it fun at the time in hindsite might not do it again and he saw the lights too, very little details,

the version i saw only talked of the ufos, no shameless biz plugs.

I found this part the interesting bit 

He says he walked down to where the news crews had been filming the lights (the flare drop), and then saw the V-shape fly over, big and mysterious. However, there was no news coverage of the sightings before the planes landed about 8:45, and there could have been nobody filming the "lights" prior to 10:00, because the flares had not yet been dropped. ThereforeSymington's claimed sighting occurred after 10:00, probably well after, and hence is an obvious fabricatio

• Like 5

13 hours ago, quillius said:

...using the Phoenix lights as an example, can you list the proof that exists for both events?

But to answer your question anyway, you are aware of this, I think, in regard to the formation:

http://www.astronomyufo.com/UFO/azconc.htm

Also, one of the pilots from the 5-in-formation came forward and was interviewed (I might have to hunt that one down as I think the original article is no longer online).

And then there's this about the flares:

http://www.astronomyufo.com/UFO/azflares.htm

If there's some aspect that you don't think is evidenced enough, I can probably dig up a whole pile more - I did a fair bit of legwork in the past on this one..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Most rational people will admit that the existence of alien life is possible but draw the line at believing theyre coming to earth to show off their flying abilities and headlights in the night sky.

And don't forget the cattle mutilation and anal probing.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

But to answer your question anyway, you are aware of this, I think, in regard to the formation:

http://www.astronomyufo.com/UFO/azconc.htm

Also, one of the pilots from the 5-in-formation came forward and was interviewed (I might have to hunt that one down as I think the original article is no longer online).

And then there's this about the flares:

http://www.astronomyufo.com/UFO/azflares.htm

If there's some aspect that you don't think is evidenced enough, I can probably dig up a whole pile more - I did a fair bit of legwork in the past on this one..

Thank you thank you thank you.

I was looking for the person with binoculars that saw planes. Usually that person's account is trimmed down and his identification of planes is limited to he saw lights that were paired. If he resolved the lights to pairs and had binoculars then seeing that they were planes would be easy I would think.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

The OP was quite specific that this thread was about aliens visiting Earth, and potentially being the explanation for at least some UFOs.

Your question is a completely different one - every poster at UM, as far as I am aware, thinks that it is very likely aliens exist out there somewhere.  But given that space is big, the chances that we'll meet one are vanishingly small.

Yes, space is really, really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist ...

:)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I listen to science podcasts. Tonight I was listening to a discussion in which the Arecibo radio telescope was used to send a signal to M-13. It was sent 45 years ago and will arrive at its destination in 19,000 years.

Wow. Space is big. It's big even traveling at the speed of light.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

That alone tells me that the chance of us being visited at the frequency the believers like to think, is about zero.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hazzard said:

That alone tells me that the chance of us being visited at the frequency the believers like to think, is about zero.

But but who built the Pyramids? Who built the Stonehenge? Why do I struggle to sleep every night????

• Haha 2

1. The Egyptians.

2. My grandmother. 

3. The Hag is watching you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I guess I have my answers :)

wont even begin to try and debate this one 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

I listen to science podcasts. Tonight I was listening to a discussion in which the Arecibo radio telescope was used to send a signal to M-13. It was sent 45 years ago and will arrive at its destination in 19,000 years.

That's the part I had to come to grips with as I got older. Just the vastness of the distances to be traveled is beyond normal comprehension. Add to that the problem with effective travel across those distances. I really wanted UFOs and aliens to be a thing when I was younger, unfortunately it appears that's not how things are.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, stereologist said:

And don't forget the cattle mutilation and anal probing.

Oh I could NEVER forget that...

Saturdays are fun.

Edited by Robotic Jew
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Oh I could NEVER forget that...

Alien in straight jacket asks to be killed

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hazzard said:

1. The Egyptians.

2. My grandmother. 

3. The Hag is watching you.

Well play sir/madam. Well played 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 6:15 PM, ChrLzs said:

And here's an Iridium flare that I captured by using heavens-above to know where to be at what time, and then setting my camera up and pointing it at the predicted location.  And Hey Presto:

med_gallery_95887_40_19548.jpg

They can be spectacularly bright - it's worth the effort.

That's not an iridium flare, it's lens flare!!!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

you still having issues with that i see. :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I have no idea why some people need to reveal their ignorance of basic ideas, but they do and they feel the need to do it loudly it seems.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

if a person cant tell lenes flare from iridium flare then i have no idea where or how to even start to help them,

• Like 1