Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best evidence for ET

Hazzard

On 9/28/2019 at 8:19 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

you changed your icon,,, again!  Can't you just roll with *an* identity? Gad.  How am I going to remember you?

Oh ya, the guy with no sense of humor LOL

There is nothing against changing Icons here. As long as you know his username it should not be a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scholar4Truth said:

There is nothing against changing Icons here. As long as you know his username it should not be a problem.

Exactly, and clearly he isn't doing it to escape responsibility for previous posts, like those who change their names every few weeks...

Me, I've been known to wear completely different clothes from day to day, go from long hair to almost bald, shave my beard off, not wear my glasses....

12 hours ago, stereologist said:

Then how do you account that DNA sequences are shared across many life forms? And the basic engines of metabolism are the same across most life.

I stated why in my premise, it seems you only read part of the first sentence.

12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I'm pretty sure they can check DNA of today's animal creatures to that of animal remains from thousands of years ago.

If you'd like to sway down the unbeaten path, you can do it. Just bring your evidences.  ;)

Right, I am playing with someone else's what if and you want proof?  :lol:  :alien:

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I stated why in my premise, it seems you only read part of the first sentence.

There really isn't anything out there that doesn't share DNA.

As I pointed out even plants and animals share DNA. If you think there are anomalies as you mentioned then please point them out. All of life on Earth is related. There are no immigrants

There are 5 kingdoms of life. They all share DNA. There is no separate unrelated life.

If anyone wants to invoke immigrants it would require that life in the universe has only a single common starting point. It requires DNA and the same metabolic pathways used on Earth.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stereologist said:

There really isn't anything out there that doesn't share DNA.

As I pointed out even plants and animals share DNA. If you think there are anomalies as you mentioned then please point them out. All of life on Earth is related. There are no immigrants

See post number 354.

12 hours ago, Piney said:

The figured out tyrannosaurs were related to wild turkeys with RNA from mummified skin. :yes: 

Sure. And didn't they long ago agree that dinos were birds? funny looking birds :)

Hundreds of millions of years ago when the oxygen content in the air was higher, animal creatures were BIG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

It's not a problem, S4T, I was just funnin' with Xeno. I like the guy.

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Sure. And didn't they long ago agree that dinos were birds? funny looking birds :)

Birds are actually reclassified as endothermic reptiles. Kinda mad that my sister and I had to chuck a load of text and reference books. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Right, I am playing with someone else's what if and you want proof?  :lol:  :alien:

No, mon amis. Just evidences. Not proof. I don't see a reason for plausibility here, that's all. I have not disproven anything, just saying I don't see anything that makes the Noah's ark scenario compelling. And I think there are ways to show "no" to that.

No, I'd ever tax you with proving opinion.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

No, mon amis. Just evidences. Not proof. I don't see a reason for plausibility here, that's all. I have not disproven anything, just saying I don't see anything that makes the Noah's ark scenario compelling. And I think there are ways to show "no" to that.

No, I'd ever tax you with proving opinion.

So the original poster who said maybe aliens showed up before humans were evolved doesn't need proof but when I suggest the story could be... saying I am making something up, I have to prove it?  What is wrong with you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Hundreds of millions of years ago when the oxygen content in the air was higher, animal creatures were BIG

There is evidence for the levels of oxygen in the atmosphere.

https://geology.com/usgs/amber/

https://www.livescience.com/56219-earth-atmospheric-oxygen-levels-declining.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geological_history_of_oxygen

http://forces.si.edu/atmosphere/02_02_06.html

What is clear is that the peak oxygen content was before the appearance of dinosaurs. The Cretaceous does have plenty more oxygen, nearly as high as the peak.

I do know that the arthropods were much larger since they do not have lungs but breath through diverticula throughout their bodies. Spiders as big as house cat existed in the Permian. Huge dragonflies once flew.

In this post we learn more about oxygen and pre-Cretaceous levels.

https://biology.stackexchange.com/questions/20656/what-are-the-atmospheric-requirements-for-large-dinosaurs

Dinosaurs appeared in the Triassic, which was about 250-200 million years ago, but oxygen levels were at 16% of the atmosphere at the time 7 ( current O₂ levels are about 20% ) If we move into the Jurassic, about 200-150 million years ago, oxygen levels rise to about 26% 8. In the Cretaceous, about 150-65 million years ago, O₂ was at about 30% 9.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

So the original poster who said maybe aliens showed up before humans were evolved doesn't need proof but when I suggest the story could be... saying I am making something up, I have to prove it?  What is wrong with you? 

I really don't understand where you are coming from DesertRat. :unsure2:

The OP voiced his opinion, as did you and he need not present proof as it is opinion. Fine.  I may or may not weigh in with my opinion, which, BTW, I would never have voiced my opinion on the Noah's Ark scenario if you didn't prod me to. But Ancient Aliens...? Yeah, I can see a thread where that may be the case. So...?  I can't say this??

There's been no foul here at all. If I agree with the OP or you, fine, and if I disagree with the OP or you, fine again.

What am I missing here? No idea why you are miffed by what I said.

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I really don't understand where you are coming from DesertRat. :unsure2:

The OP voiced his opinion, as did you and he need not present proof as it is opinion. Fine.  I may or may not weigh in with my opinion, which, BTW, I would never have voiced my opinion on the Noah's Ark scenario if you didn't prod me to. But Ancient Aliens...? Yeah, I can see a thread where that may be the case. So...?  I can't say this??

There's been no foul here at all. If I agree with the OP or you, fine, and if I disagree with the OP or you, fine again.

What am I missing here? No idea why you are miffed by what I said.

No, I was responding to a later post that said "what if".  I don't understand where you are coming from.  "What If" is conjecture by definition, not stating anything as fact and my post included the word "imagination" in it.  This is not the only post of mine you have commented on that indicated you did not read all the words.  And neither of them were long winded like some of my posts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, I was responding to a later post that said "what if".  I don't understand where you are coming from.  "What If" is conjecture by definition, not stating anything as fact and my post included the word "imagination" in it.  This is not the only post of mine you have commented on that indicated you did not read all the words.  And neither of them were long winded like some of my posts.

"What if" and "imagination" are fine by me.  

Apparently we labor over a misunderstanding.

3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

"What if" and "imagination" are fine by me.  

Apparently we labor over a misunderstanding.

Yes.  I hope it is cleared up now.

• Like 1