Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Hazzard

Best evidence for ET

368 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Essan

Quite aside from the very simple indisputable fact that seeing lights in the sky is no more evidence of aliens that seeing a stone on the beach is proof that you own me $10m because I once vacuumed your leopard, people do, often, mistake aircraft at night for alien spacecraft. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/people-saying-its-aliens-leicester-3319299

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
3 hours ago, quillius said:

thanks, my mistake, you are right he said planes......damn old age and memory :(

Yeah. I have it too, but that was a good catch on your part and that is the sort of careful analysis that should be made.

Suppose it turns out he inspected a single plane. It could be argued then that he might have seen a plane which was near the Phoenix Lights. He is in an area I might imagine is busy with traffic going to and from LA. Having seen more than a single plane makes it clear he did due diligence in his observation. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
4 hours ago, Hazzard said:

I agree with you, sure there are UFOs/stores that remain Unexplained, but that is only because we dont have enough information. 

Not once have I heard of a UFO enter or leave the Earths atmosphere. 

I personally think they UFOs don't come and go. But just as an aside, how could you hear such a story? We don't have spotters 100,000 feet up there.

The only people that have the equipment capable of detecting such an entry/exit are the people that normally would not reveal it, the military. But if - say, the US Navy made such a revelation, people would just say it was a meteor and the Navy doesn't know how to read it's own equipment. End of story.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I personally think they UFOs don't come and go. But just as an aside, how could you hear such a story? We don't have spotters 100,000 feet up there.

The only people that have the equipment capable of detecting such an entry/exit are the people that normally would not reveal it, the military. But if - say, the US Navy made such a revelation, people would just say it was a meteor and the Navy doesn't know how to read it's own equipment. End of story.

 

There are plenty of means of detecting entry into the atmosphere. Some may be military but others certainly are not.

Suggesting we need spotters up 100,000 feet which is over 30km makes no sense. We don't need to be there to see what happens at that elevation since the air is transparent to various EM wave lengths.

Your claim that only the military has that equipment is obviously false. Even kiddies know that one is fake.

But if we were to use a military example, then there is a way to differentiate a meteor (the flash of light) from an incoming UFO. Your example is without merit.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

There are plenty of means of detecting entry into the atmosphere. Some may be military but others certainly are not.

Suggesting we need spotters up 100,000 feet which is over 30km makes no sense. We don't need to be there to see what happens at that elevation since the air is transparent to various EM wave lengths.

Your claim that only the military has that equipment is obviously false. Even kiddies know that one is fake.

But if we were to use a military example, then there is a way to differentiate a meteor (the flash of light) from an incoming UFO. Your example is without merit.

The vast majority of sightings come from people that have NO equipment. they simply look up into the sky and see them.

you can't look up into the sky at 100,000 and see a damn thing, not anything you could actually describe, anyway. If you could see something that high you'd have no clue what it was and you would likely never report it. What could you say, "I saw something but I don't know what". Nahhh.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hazzard
11 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

you can't look up into the sky at 100,000 and see a damn thing, not anything you could actually describe, anyway. If you could see something that high you'd have no clue what it was and you would likely never report it. What could you say, "I saw something but I don't know what". Nahhh.

Why not, people do it all the time when they report or say that they saw a UFO. No matter the altitude.

That is what the U in UFO means... "I saw something but I don't know what"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
20 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The vast majority of sightings come from people that have NO equipment. they simply look up into the sky and see them.

you can't look up into the sky at 100,000 and see a damn thing, not anything you could actually describe, anyway. If you could see something that high you'd have no clue what it was and you would likely never report it. What could you say, "I saw something but I don't know what". Nahhh.

 

Whether or not the vast majority of people have NO equipment has no bearing on the original statement. The issue has to do with UFOs entering or exiting the atmosphere. You've claimed it takes special equipment. According to you this NO equipment crowd has no bearing on the issue.

Then you ramble on about your own comment making fun of it. That's just odd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
28 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The vast majority of sightings come from people that have NO equipment. they simply look up into the sky and see them.

you can't look up into the sky at 100,000 and see a damn thing, not anything you could actually describe, anyway. If you could see something that high you'd have no clue what it was and you would likely never report it. What could you say, "I saw something but I don't know what". Nahhh.

 

Pretty sure you can see the ISS when it passes in front of the moon. And that's preeeeettty high up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
5 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Pretty sure you can see the ISS when it passes in front of the moon. And that's preeeeettty high up.

I seen it several times. It's bright. I also saw Mir and Skylab. I regularly see satellites.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

We don't have spotters 100,000 feet up there. The only people that have the equipment capable of detecting such an entry/exit are the people that normally would not reveal it, the military.

Thats incorrect. Even the ISS1, at an altitude up to 1,377,950 feet can be seen with the naked eye. And hundreds of much smaller objects like satellites as well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
14 minutes ago, toast said:

Thats incorrect. Even the ISS1, at an altitude up to 1,377,950 feet can be seen with the naked eye. And hundreds of much smaller objects like satellites as well.

Reminds me if the time I saw 2 extraterrestrial craft at the the same time.    The ISS and the Shuttle that was accompanying it (on one of its final missions).  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
8 hours ago, quillius said:

i agree, that would be a better idea as there is a mountain of info there already...

 

actually its well explained and debunked as being mudane and the subject of a lot of embellishments from the types who thing all lights in the sky are not prosaic,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
7 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Why not, people do it all the time when they report or say that they saw a UFO. No matter the altitude.

That is what the U in UFO means... "I saw something but I don't know what"

!00,000 feet?  C'mon!  Commercial liners can fly up to 39,000 feet. 41K and higher is military space. Ever see one of those liners at 39K?? If it didn't have a contrail you'd never know what it was. And there is no way you can tell if it is Boeing or Airbus, let alone what kind of either.

you put something that size at 100K altitude, you wouldn't even see a pinpoint. How the heck can you determine that it is NOT a jetliner to set you off to being suspicious that it is a UFO? How can you tell if it is going into space or coming out of it?

I say that just can't be done with certainty

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
7 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Pretty sure you can see the ISS when it passes in front of the moon. And that's preeeeettty high up.

interesting but I don't think I could, that's for damn sure LOL

If you did not know ISS was up there, would you know what it was when spying it? could you say if it is an aircraft or UFO without knowledge of ISS in orbit?  I doubt it.

And I think you would have to be looking for it too.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
6 hours ago, toast said:

Thats incorrect. Even the ISS1, at an altitude up to 1,377,950 feet can be seen with the naked eye. And hundreds of much smaller objects like satellites as well.

Fine toast, but you can "see it" only because you know it is there. If you did not know that could you identify it clearly? That's 260 miles. holy cow.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
17 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

interesting but I don't think I could, that's for damn sure LOL

If you did not know ISS was up there, would you know what it was when spying it? could you say if it is an aircraft or UFO without knowledge of ISS in orbit?  I doubt it.

And I think you would have to be looking for it too.

I took a video of the ISS and asked people what they thought it was in this very forum.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
17 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Fine toast, but you can "see it" only because you know it is there. If you did not know that could you identify it clearly? That's 260 miles. holy cow.

You continue to confirm your ignorance to all space related matter, thus you declassify yourself again from a discussion about space related issues. FYI, also when I`m not aware of the current fly over date/times of the ISS1, I can identify it as to be the ISS1 during a fly over, no matter if its at 260 miles altitude, it even can be seen with the naked eye when its at a distance of >800 miles to the observer. And I also know that I will see it again roughly 90 minutes after the first sighting (depending on the azimuth of the first fly over).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
38 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

!00,000 feet?  C'mon!  Commercial liners can fly up to 39,000 feet. 41K and higher is military space. Ever see one of those liners at 39K?? If it didn't have a contrail you'd never know what it was. And there is no way you can tell if it is Boeing or Airbus, let alone what kind of either.

you put something that size at 100K altitude, you wouldn't even see a pinpoint. How the heck can you determine that it is NOT a jetliner to set you off to being suspicious that it is a UFO? How can you tell if it is going into space or coming out of it?

I say that just can't be done with certainty

There are ways. Just because you don't know doesn't mean someone else does not know. Just because observers might not have equipment others do.

Just because you imagine that the only people with the capability are in the military does not make it so.

People see iridium flashes and yet they are from satellites over 480 miles away and a few meters across.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
41 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

interesting but I don't think I could, that's for damn sure LOL

If you did not know ISS was up there, would you know what it was when spying it? could you say if it is an aircraft or UFO without knowledge of ISS in orbit?  I doubt it.

And I think you would have to be looking for it too.

I always do. I remember the first time I saw Mir I knew it was Mir. I also had no trouble identifying Spacelab. 

I wasn't looking for Mir. I was hiking. I looked up and saw it as a very bright object and watched its path and realized it had to be Mir. A check verified the observation. Not so hard to do today. Much harder back then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

interesting but I don't think I could, that's for damn sure LOL

If you did not know ISS was up there, would you know what it was when spying it? could you say if it is an aircraft or UFO without knowledge of ISS in orbit?  I doubt it.

And I think you would have to be looking for it too.

If I couldn't identify the ISS then it would be a UFO. But logically I'd automatically think it's a satellite. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

!00,000 feet?  C'mon!  Commercial liners can fly up to 39,000 feet. 41K and higher is military space. Ever see one of those liners at 39K?? If it didn't have a contrail you'd never know what it was. And there is no way you can tell if it is Boeing or Airbus, let alone what kind of either.

you put something that size at 100K altitude, you wouldn't even see a pinpoint. How the heck can you determine that it is NOT a jetliner to set you off to being suspicious that it is a UFO? How can you tell if it is going into space or coming out of it?

I say that just can't be done with certainty

???????????????????  And this is a topic you wish to debate?  Maybe familiarise yourself with the available tools first.

For aircraft (INC. the vast majority of military aircraft), there are multiple websites available that give real-time (or very close to it) data - you can easily identify the type/ID of the plane, its altitude and the map shows its heading and destination.  Google Flightaware, and there are others.  I've used these websites on several occasions to identify sightings (my own and others).

For spacecraft, satellites and even large space debris, you can use "Heavens-Above".

Even the latest versions of Stellarium (planetarium software, highly recommended and free) will show the larger/brighter items like the ISS...

 

So nowadays there is no excuse for ignorance, and that's why we often ask for details of the location, time and date so we can check what was actually in the sky right there and then...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

???????????????????  And this is a topic you wish to debate?  Maybe familiarise yourself with the available tools first.

For aircraft (INC. the vast majority of military aircraft), there are multiple websites available that give real-time (or very close to it) data - you can easily identify the type/ID of the plane, its altitude and the map shows its heading and destination.  Google Flightaware, and there are others.  I've used these websites on several occasions to identify sightings (my own and others).

For spacecraft, satellites and even large space debris, you can use "Heavens-Above".

Even the latest versions of Stellarium (planetarium software, highly recommended and free) will show the larger/brighter items like the ISS...

 

So nowadays there is no excuse for ignorance, and that's why we often ask for details of the location, time and date so we can check what was actually in the sky right there and then...

I have an ap on my phone called Sputnik.  It tells me when and where I can see satellites.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs

And here's an Iridium flare that I captured by using heavens-above to know where to be at what time, and then setting my camera up and pointing it at the predicted location.  And Hey Presto:

med_gallery_95887_40_19548.jpg

They can be spectacularly bright - it's worth the effort.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quillius
14 hours ago, the13bats said:

actually its well explained and debunked as being mudane and the subject of a lot of embellishments from the types who thing all lights in the sky are not prosaic,

maybe.....   

 

'well explained' and 'debunked' are usually down to an individuals interpretation and what they are/are not willing to believe/accept. I have looked into a number of cases that are 'well explained' 'debunked' which I do not agree with....doesn't make them ET but certainly IMO leaves them as a mystery. They tend to then remain a mystery due to lack of information. Of course its quite possible (actually more than likely) further information would point to a prosaic explanation...just not necessarily the one commonly put forth and accepted.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hazzard
On 9/25/2019 at 2:41 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I personally think they UFOs don't come and go. But just as an aside, how could you hear such a story? We don't have spotters 100,000 feet up there.

The only people that have the equipment capable of detecting such an entry/exit are the people that normally would not reveal it, the military. But if - say, the US Navy made such a revelation, people would just say it was a meteor and the Navy doesn't know how to read it's own equipment. End of story.

 

https://cneos.jpl.nasa.gov/

Im sure that a couple of the other countries space agencies have something similar...for tracking ICBM and rocket launches, etc. Never a pip from those guys.

Sure, we get the usual edited youtube clip of a pilot chasing something, and believers claiming that full desclosure is right around the corner, but thats it.

It never leads anywhere. I was here at UM back in 2006 listening to the same smack from the true believers, even the same dead horse cases.

Im expecting the same in another 13 years.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.