Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Hazzard

Best evidence for ET

368 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

stereologist
2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

They were in the house watching reruns of Hee Haw

Actually that doesn't even come close to the reason.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Maybe, but Hee Haw was still sydicated then, wasn't it?

The point is that the hundreds of witnesses, in Phoenix, is not an impressive number. It means for every witness that reported the sighting there were 1,000 Phoenicians that didn't.

The witnesses that used optical aids such as telescopes or binoculars said the lights were planes.

To only accept one answer is confirmation bias.  You're ignoring the MAGA (Most Assuredly Generic Airplanes) crowd.

If you really believe that what freaked these people out was "airplanes" go ahead.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
45 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Now you are back to using straw man arguments.

SO far you have done exactly when you are complaining about: "You throw an idea out, and you treat it like FACT. No evidence, nothing but your uttering."

Tim Ley did not call the police. Did you even read what he had to say?

False: No one in New Mexico saw the Phoenix Lights.

The very first sighting of the V shaped UFIO was in western New Mexico.

45 minutes ago, stereologist said:

False: That all people called the police. It is even false that many people called the police.

Here is a link about eyewitness reports. Take the time to read something for a change instead of making up fake stories.

http://www.cufos.org/pdfs/Skeptical_Explanations_Appendix_A.pdf

What am I doing arguing with this

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
21 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

If you really believe that what freaked these people out was "airplanes" go ahead.

How are you going to discount the testimony operator of a 43x Dobsonian telescope?

He was there, in the right place, with the right equipment.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

If you really believe that what freaked these people out was "airplanes" go ahead.

No one freaked out. You are again stating something that is false.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The very first sighting of the V shaped UFIO was in western New Mexico.

What am I doing arguing with this

Wrong. The Phoenix Lights did not originate from that direction.

The problem is that you have no idea what you are talking about - AGAIN!

Please read any link on the incident and learn which state you did not mention.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

How are you going to discount the testimony operator of a 43x Dobsonian telescope?

He was there, in the right place, with the right equipment.

And before him there was a man with binoculars.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hazzard

Yea, the Phoenix Lights isnt exactly what I would file under Best Evidence for ET visitation :no:

If so, then its painfully obvious why the believers in the ETH have a problem with credibility

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
6 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

If you really believe that what freaked these people out was "airplanes" go ahead.

If you want to believe an irrational claim over the most likely yet mundane ones (there was 2 events) , go ahead. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

If you want to believe an irrational claim over the most likely yet mundane ones (there was 2 events) , go ahead. 

Everytime the Phoenix Lights comes up I wish @booNyzarC would return.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Everytime the Phoenix Lights comes up I wish @booNyzarC would return.

Yep. No idea where he is these days. Top bloke that one. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hazzard
1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Yep. No idea where he is these days. Top bloke that one. 

Yep, could not agree more. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
15 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Planes made them call police, eh?

Yep. 

15 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

How feekin sad

I know right. 

Grown people playing Chicken Little. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
4 hours ago, stereologist said:

Wrong. The Phoenix Lights did not originate from that direction.

The problem is that you have no idea what you are talking about - AGAIN!

Please read any link on the incident and learn which state you did not mention.

Weren't the Phoenix Lights the ones where you could see a tiny bright flashing light right by the even brighter lights when appearing? Pretty sure they proved it was a fighter jet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
7 hours ago, stereologist said:

Wrong. The Phoenix Lights did not originate from that direction.

The problem is that you have no idea what you are talking about - AGAIN!

Please read any link on the incident and learn which state you did not mention.

Wrong again. I am trying to give you knowledge so you can learn. But you don't seem to grasp it.

The first call to police about a UFO was in eastern Nevada.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

If you really believe that what freaked these people out was "airplanes" go ahead.

People have been "freaked out" at the moon... must be aliens.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
12 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Just to correct you here,

People in Western New Mexico, all over Arizona, and down into the state of Sonora Mexico were calling local police, county police, state police, jamming the telephone lines at TV and radio stations. The governor's office phones rang constantly.

 

You are now corrected. Use the wisdom I gave you wisely.

False. The Phoenix Lights were not visible in New Mexico.

The squadron of planes flew nowhere near New Mexico. Please learn what state they were near and it is not New Mexico.

Please provide evidence of where police were called.

The claims of "jamming the telephone lines at TV and radio stations" is also FALSE.

Please correct your mistakes by reading about the event.

False: "The governor's office phones rang constantly."  There was no one in the office at that hour. Please correct yet another mistake.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
15 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Wrong again. I am trying to give you knowledge so you can learn. But you don't seem to grasp it.

The first call to police about a UFO was in eastern Nevada.

You've already posted the evidence that the lights were not visible from New Mexico.

Thanks for showing that you were wrong. Well done. Keep reading about the event to learn what happened.

Now you can post evidence that someone called the police in Nevada. That is false.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

The fact is, despite being called "Phoenix Lights", UFOs were seen in Nevada, New Mexico, the northern Mexican state of Sonora, as well as all over the state of  Arizona, but most notably over Phoenix because of the population.

Obviously these witnesses see things without being in some kind of conspiracy, which is PROOF their sightings are real.

If you are naïve enough to think that airplanes could set off this reaction amongst many many people over such a large swath of land, please recall that it is impossible for US aircraft to fly in to Mexico, yet the people of Sonora, Mexico saw the objects too,  so forget "airplanes" as being the solution.

Not to mention the fact that "airplanes" scare NOBODY. People all know what they are. They knew before Phoenix Lights., they knew after yet only during Phoenix Lights did people get upset over "planes"

Impossible.  Planes are not the solution. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
7 minutes ago, stereologist said:

False. The Phoenix Lights were not visible in New Mexico.

The squadron of planes flew nowhere near New Mexico. Please learn what state they were near and it is not New Mexico.

I am not talking about a squadron of planes, I am talking about UFOs. Now, I mixed up states (Nevada for New Mexico) but I do have a text that says New Mexico had UFOs too.

Quote

n the evening of 13th March 1997, the states of Arizona and Nevada would play host to one of the most fascinating and widely viewed events of recent history. Other sightings on the same evening were also reported in New Mexico and even south of the border in Sonora, Mexico.

7 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Please provide evidence of where police were called.

The claims of "jamming the telephone lines at TV and radio stations" is also FALSE.

Please correct your mistakes by reading about the event.

False: "The governor's office phones rang constantly."  There was no one in the office at that hour. Please correct yet another mistake.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The fact is, despite being called "Phoenix Lights", UFOs were seen in Nevada, New Mexico, the northern Mexican state of Sonora, as well as all over the state of  Arizona, but most notably over Phoenix because of the population.

Obviously these witnesses see things without being in some kind of conspiracy, which is PROOF their sightings are real.

If you are naïve enough to think that airplanes could set off this reaction amongst many many people over such a large swath of land, please recall that it is impossible for US aircraft to fly in to Mexico, yet the people of Sonora, Mexico saw the objects too,  so forget "airplanes" as being the solution.

Not to mention the fact that "airplanes" scare NOBODY. People all know what they are. They knew before Phoenix Lights., they knew after yet only during Phoenix Lights did people get upset over "planes"

Impossible.  Planes are not the solution. 

False:  The lights were not visible from New Mexico.

False: The lights were not visible all over the state of Arizona

False: That it is impossible for US aircraft to fly into Mexico. 

False: That anyone was scared.

False: That airplanes scare nobody.

As observers with binoculars and telescopes were able to see, they were planes. As the video showed it was 5 separate objects. As people in Prescott heard it was planes.

It was planes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I am not talking about a squadron of planes, I am talking about UFOs. Now, I mixed up states (Nevada for New Mexico) but I do have a text that says New Mexico had UFOs too.

 

I don't believe you have a source for New Mexico and the Phoenix lights. The quote you gave came with no link. If it was the dubious and untrustable ufoinsight then it specifically does not say that people in New Mexico could see the Phoenix Lights.

 

Please provide evidence of where police were called.

The claims of "jamming the telephone lines at TV and radio stations" is also FALSE.

Please correct your mistakes by reading about the event.

False: "The governor's office phones rang constantly."  There was no one in the office at that hour. Please correct yet another mistake.

 

You have plenty of other mistakes to correct or admit that these are just made up falsehoods you tried to insert into the discussion about the planes that flew over Phoenix one night.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

I've been trying to find any evidence of people calling police because of the Phoenix Lights. I thought a few people might have but so far I can't find a thing.

Seems that only a few people saw the planes pass overhead and most just watched.

I have a big correction to make. There were 7 lights in the video that was made, not 5 as I previusly stated. It seems Tim Ley was wrong about the number of lights as were most witness reports.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
13 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I don't believe you have a source for New Mexico and the Phoenix lights. The quote you gave came with no link. If it was the dubious and untrustable ufoinsight then it specifically does not say that people in New Mexico could see the Phoenix Lights.

Let me ask you something, Do you think the people of Sonora Mexico could see the Phoenix Lights? They CAN'T, it is too far, those lights would be below their horizon. 

The people in Somora saw the same FLYING objects that everyone in Arizona saw. 

And AMERICAN military aircrafts cannot go into Mexico so it was NOT "airplanes".

 

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
4 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Let me ask you something, Do you think the people of Sonora Mexico could see the Phoenix Lights? They CAN'T, it is too far, those lights would be below their horizon. 

The people in Somora saw the same FLYING objects that everyone in Arizona saw. 

And AMERICAN military aircrafts cannot go into Mexico so it was NOT "airplanes".

 

What are you jabbering about now? I never mention Sonora, Mexico which is a state of Mexico. It borders Arizona to the south. I've been there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonora

Who said anything about military aircraft? Who said they entered Mexican airspace? 

Here is what you posted: "please recall that it is impossible for US aircraft to fly in to Mexico" Now you want to move the goal posts or are you apologizing to me by rewording what you posted admitting what you posted was dead wrong?

When you begin with a string of falsehoods as your premises your conclusions are going to be wrong.

It was planes. Plain and simple. Planes.

People heard planes

People saw planes

The video shows it was separate lights.

Plain and simple it was planes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.